I wish I could say I agreed, but I don't.
For some classes, like accelerated and AP, you have less time in school to cover the curriculum and review from the previous year, so you get summer work so you can just correct that in the first week or two as review instead of a month.
It saves time so you have more time to cover the topics and review before the final tests.
Some topics are stupid. I have to write 2 essays this summer, each at least 750 words, and with the views of 2 other people. How will that help me? Maybe more practice, but if a teacher isn't critiquing it while I'm writing it, I'd already be in a habit of doing something wrong.
But for my AP World History class, they gave us a review packet [a large one...] and it's just to cover all 17 chapters from the previous year so we can finish the curriculum in 9 months. And that's without subtracting vacation time, so in reality, we only have 8 months to review everything.
Sometimes, it makes sense to have summer work

Katffro Katffro

In response to “I wish I could say I agreed, but I don't. For...

i agree with u, i also take ap world history nd by having a summer assignment is the only way to cover all the stuff

In response to “i agree with u, i also take ap world history...

This might sound a bit mean, but you're in an AP class, and your grammar is that bad?

Katffro- Yeah, you're right. It sucks, but that's true