PossimpipleSuperFastJellyFishMyDerailmentAllyKatrubienicolesilvershadow6Wynautpokerface111LuserooWinniethePoohafterawhileDylanSaysHeepwahkathrynfinnbladeJohn_SmithBeautiful_RivalTWLOHA94Hullabaloowhatanutplano98deeviantmakeup_nerdcherryblasterDeathelfHairyleox2502manjustwondering28SarMehhhInsanePPGnotmuchnotmuchlucichJoe_Larsonsouthernlovinhattrick36aabbccddeeBballFoShoVictoryAACjessabessbccheerchick94ihatebakaseieioMadielolgirlLittleRedlilalaDragonTickleeCherryBlossomfieldhockeygirlJdevine21TheMollifiedMiss

fEMMAnistMike_HawkRunySpearmintMilkAnnDeevaTwoSpoonsErialcYecatsTrishTruuninjaMusicalXMollyB10ckH34dpeace_love_happinessPeppergirl14faithnamedmesuperkeelilivelovemusic12WunderscoreCanadian_NinjamonstruositaKoalaHugger_SpidermanRun1lana_banana_nanaDaNawhofreddosubmarinediscohahaimrightChousighcantthinkofanameali_dRangaaaCornCakesSuperAppaLoveIsTheMovementjenferisjapaneezcheshire_catshelbybuckffsFunnyplantsMaryDarkSideofaCookieMeaganMYSTERlOUSStage3_UnicornjillswimsPepeDawggaoife_123Cuban_Bsilvasfoolwithdreams_partinobodycularspareseconds

fEMMAnistlolgirl
Abortion is only acceptable when used for special health reasons, otherwise it's a cowardly escape from pregnancy that you most likely brought upon yourself. amirite?

If abortion isn't acceptable, then **** without the intent of reproducing shouldn't be acceptable. Abortion is a form of birth control. Why should there be a difference between removing an embryo and preventing gametes from becoming an embryo? It all achieves the same end result, just at a different stage in the game.

Mike_Hawk Mike_Hawk

It is not acceptable in any case, imo.

ChayBread

In response to “It is not acceptable in any case, imo.

well, to be fair if you're fetus is damaged or the doctors know you'll miscarry then it makes some sense...

Pedo_Cat Pedo_Cat OP

In response to “well, to be fair if you're fetus is damaged...

Well if it is a miscarry then it would already have passed. which is really sad, the loss of a child is hard. But you forgot rape, so I know someone will bring that up but thats not acceptable either. Pam Stenzal (spell check) daughter of a rape victim now preaches about safe ****.

ChayBread

In response to “Well if it is a miscarry then it would...

wow, ironic. And btw, i said "most likely" to make sure no one brought up rape, cause thats a sticky issue. (literally :P)

Pedo_Cat Pedo_Cat OP

In response to “wow, ironic. And btw, i said "most...

I figured someone would bring it up. But I respect your opinon sir/madam.

ChayBread

Just because the doctors think the fetus is damaged or that the woman might miscarry is not an excuse. They very well might be wrong.

I think the only times it is a reasonable way to terminate the pregnancy in such a way is if the mother's life is at risk, or if the mother was raped. And I will explain why on the last part.

A woman has the right to not be pregnant. No one can force her to get pregnant and then continue to be pregnant against her will. That is violating her rights. Yes, yes, sure, it's violating the rights of the fetus. But sometimes you have to decide whose rights are more important; the person who already has an established life, or a clump of cells.

That being said, I do not believe they should change the law to where it is illegal to have an abortion except in the case of a life threatening situation, or rape. If abortions due to rape were legal and abortion due to just wanting to not be pregnant were not, then I believe there would a major increase in the amount of people claiming to be raped when they actually were not. Yes, some of them would be telling the truth, but not all of them.

UmmmmUmUmUmUmmmmmmm

In response to “Just because the doctors think the fetus is...

So the woman's right not to be pregnant is more important than the child's right to live? I don't feel a child should ever be aborted unless absolutely necessary to save the mother.

bccheerchick94

In response to “So the woman's right not to be pregnant is...

Yes. And I am talking specifically about rape cases. If a woman willingly has **** and gets pregnant, then I do not think that warrants an abortion. She knew the risks and did it anyone.

But trying to make a woman who became pregnant because of rape continue to be pregnant is further victimizing the victim.

UmmmmUmUmUmUmmmmmmm

In response to “Yes. And I am talking specifically about rape...

How is the right not to be pregnant more important than a person's right to life?

bccheerchick94

In response to “How is the right not to be pregnant more...

How is the right of a clump of cells that could not survive outside of the womb yet more important than the right of a woman?

UmmmmUmUmUmUmmmmmmm

In response to “How is the right of a clump of cells that...

*be. Not sure how that became "yet"....

UmmmmUmUmUmUmmmmmmm

There are times where the choice is giving birth to a dead child, or getting an abortion.
More importantly though, there are times when giving birth risks the mothers life. Sometimes the only way to save the mother is to have her get an abortion. I feel like her life is more important than a fetus's.

sighcantthinkofaname

Mike_Hawk Mike_Hawk

In response to “If abortion isn't acceptable, then ****...

I think it's cos gametes are not genetically human yet. I dunno. If my wife had a baby that neither of us wanted, she should abort for everyone sake, including the baby's.

B10ckH34d B10ckH34d

Abortion as a form of birth control? Really?

What an awful idea. Do you know how bad that is for your body? And how expensive it can be? Seriously, go out and buy some condoms or a plan b pill if you need it. (Not that plan b is much better, but I'd take it over an abortion.)

Apple_Pie Apple_Pie

In response to “Abortion as a form of birth control?...

What is it, then? It controls whether or not the woman gives birth, ergo, it's birth control. It doesn't matter how bad it is or how expensive. Danger and cost don't really have an influence on what something is. Dogs are more dangerous and costly than hamsters, but both are still pets. Other forms of contraceptive fail, anyway. Abortion is a last resort.

Mike_Hawk Mike_Hawk

In response to “What is it, then? It controls whether or not...

Birth control: deliberate limitation of childbearing by measures to control fertility and to prevent conception.

So technically abortion isn't birth control because it's not preventing conception. It occurs after the fact.

However, if you use abortion as a form of 'birth control,' this implies that you are actively choosing abortion over other alternatives (read: condoms, the pill), which is dangerous and expensive and is therefor not a good idea.

Apple_Pie Apple_Pie

In response to “Birth control: deliberate limitation of...

Condoms and spermicide do nothing to affect fertility, so they must not be birth control according to that definition. You can't just copy and paste some definition from somewhere and use it as the factual and universal definition.

Choosing abortion as a last resort for birth control does not at all imply that it's being actively chosen over anything else. Condoms fail, the pill fails, rape occurs. It's stupid to only have one line of defense against an unwanted pregnancy.

Mike_Hawk Mike_Hawk

In response to “Condoms and spermicide do nothing to affect...

Before you go accusing me of not knowing what I'm talking about, you should go and do some of your own research.

Every definition I found of birth control (and I looked at many before posting) used the word contraception, as in preventing conception. Since abortion occurs after conception, it is not a form of birth control.

There is the phrase 'abortion as birth control,' which means that women have unprotected **** and then turn around and have an abortion. In these instances, abortion is not a 'last resort' since they didn't use other forms of contraceptives.

As a last line of defense, abortion is a viable option. But ONLY as a last line of defense.

Apple_Pie Apple_Pie

Birth control prevents conception. It prevents creation of life. Abortion ends a life. There is a huge difference. However I dont think either one is right

bccheerchick94

In response to “Birth control prevents conception. It...

Abortion does not end a life.

Mike_Hawk Mike_Hawk

In response to “Abortion does not end a life.

Yes it is. Cells=life.

Frank_n_Furter Frank_n_Furter

In response to “Yes it is. Cells=life.

Ok, so why is it acceptable to let all the gametes die, but unacceptable to remove an embryo before it becomes advanced life? If it's all "life", why does it matter at what point you end it?

Mike_Hawk Mike_Hawk

In response to “Ok, so why is it acceptable to let all the...

I never said it was unacceptable. It's like killing a cancer cell. But cancer cells are still alive.

Frank_n_Furter Frank_n_Furter

Abortion isn't birth control. Birth control stops conception.

Frank_n_Furter Frank_n_Furter

In response to “Abortion isn't birth control. Birth control...

No, contraceptives stop conception. Birth control is literally the control over birth.

Mike_Hawk Mike_Hawk

In response to “No, contraceptives stop conception. Birth...

birth con·trol
Noun:
The practice of preventing unwanted pregnancies, typically by use of contraception.

It prevents pregnancy before it happens.

Frank_n_Furter Frank_n_Furter

In response to “birth con·trol Noun: The practice of...

"Typically." Removing the embryo prevents unwanted pregnancies in a sense.

Mike_Hawk Mike_Hawk

In response to “"Typically." Removing the embryo...

Removing the embryo ends the pregnancy. It doesn't prevent it from taking place.

bccheerchick94

I think that it's your personal choice, and whether it's something as horrible as being the victim of rape, or if carrying the baby to full term will have severe, or even fatal consequences on your health. If you are unable to support a child financially, or if you have plans for your life that don't involve a baby, whether or not you get an abortion is your choice.

ErialcYecats ErialcYecats

In response to “I think that it's your personal choice, and...

Any permanent consequences, if for nothing, is too much, including jsut stretch marks. Thye forever degrade the body you probably put a lot of work into, for nothing except the life of a baby who will probably either have a subquality life due to unloving parents, or never know their real parents due to adoption.

B10ckH34d B10ckH34d

Or um, you know, it's a valid choice that belongs to the mother alone, not what everyone else thinks? You're telling me that you know whats better in the situation than the mother or father? I don't get this. If you don't like abortions, don't get one, but don't try to shove it down everywhere else.

guitarplayer213 guitarplayer213

I disagree. Sometimes people are careful, and something happens and the woman still gets pregnant.
Ok, sometimes people are just being stupid. Not using protection. But I really don't think that the baby benefits from having a mother that can't handle it. Adoption? My friend's Dad was adopted, and she said it didn't end well. Another friend of mine was adopted...
He has depression, and being given up by his real parents doesn't help it. At all.
Plus there's the matter of forcing a woman to go through pregnancy.
Yes, people need to be more careful, but I feel like this thought process is sort of like a punishment thing. If I had been unwanted, I would feel horrible to find out the only reason I was kept was because "That's what my mom gets for not being careful!"
And if we have to go with a punishment idea, getting an abortion is bad enough I'm sure.

sighcantthinkofaname

In response to “I disagree. Sometimes people are careful, and...

So you think it's a better idea to end the babies life than risk him or her having some difficulties like everyone else does?

bccheerchick94

In response to “So you think it's a better idea to end the...

Yes;Yes I do.
I'm going through depression right now. Not for any reason, it's just chemistry in my brain. I would jump at the chance to never have gone through this. Even if that means I wouldn't be alive, because if I wasn't alive than I wouldn't care.

sighcantthinkofaname

I think abortion shouldn't have anything to do with anybody except the mother, and in some but not all cases, the father of the baby. Who are we to say it is or isn't okay? However, there are a few cases I would not be supportive of an abortion. The first is if the mother has a stable enough relationship, no health issues that could harm her OR the baby, and is financially supported. If they were just being stupid and don't want a baby at the time, it just sounds kind of selfish. Adoption is a good choice, because many mothers wish they could be in that position. The second reason would be everything I said about the first reason, but if you are not financially supported. If you can't afford a baby you can go to Planned Parenthood or some kind of Mother's Home (I forget exactly what the place is called), but you can choose who adopts your child, with all expenses (hospital bills and the like) paid off by them. I'm not saying people in these situations should NEVER get abortions, that's their choice and not mine, but if I were in either situation (or any situation except for fatal health risks) I would NOT get an abortion and think it would be better if they didn't either.

MacaroniSalad MacaroniSalad

In response to “I think abortion shouldn't have anything to...

It does sound selfish but what I don't understand is that you say you wouldn't be able to give your baby up after seeing it in front of you. But don't you think if you had decided to have the baby, you would see it.in front of you and be glad you didn't kill it? You would love it no matter what was wrong and would do everything you could for.it.

bccheerchick94

In response to “It does sound selfish but what I don't...

Yes, I would do anything for it. BUT why did you question me?

MacaroniSalad MacaroniSalad

Sorry, that was for spareseconds

bccheerchick94

What about if a girl's BC fails and the **** breaks and she can't afford a baby?

saxybandgeek saxybandgeek