vana903WatermelonTuckerI_Hate_UnderscoresbbyxvampImInAJarSpearmintMilkSimonChefleftiejenkritiqueBig_Bossscene_Kidd12iamganontheumbreonsmilepuroxLocutusOfBorgPurpleMonkeyslucichThingsandstuffsansa_Ashlie_TribuneCaitlinAmberLouChuckTomBub

Nobody :)

Santeriatimmyturner493xenophobicrazorShyGirl29ApplescruffCarmelFuzzysweetfoodadictKhana_Hatakepeppers2DominoihatebakasPenguidoAngelIllusionsWatermelon
It really sucks how gay people have to go to an entirely different state or even country to get married. Seriously, this isn't the stone ages, they are good people and there is no reason why they shouldnt be denied marriage in one place and allowed in another, it should be allowed everywhere and it should be allowed without it being a problem, amirite?

There are way too many conservatives that are against it just because the bible says it's wrong. But so far the bible has lost the fight for slavery, the fight against woman's rights, the fight against being able to marry someone of a different race, and probably a few of others I haven't heard about. It's just a matter of time before it loses this fight too.

pikabeau pikabeau

The U.S was built on the belief of Christianity so of course it wont allow gay marriages.

Anonymous

In response to “The U.S was built on the belief of...

We we're founded on Christian beleifs... One of the main tenants of the constitution is a separation of chuch and state. Idk if you're from the US, but if you are, you really need to learn your basic history.

BreakfastFan BreakfastFan

The United States was founded on religious tolerance for all so to say that homoseuals cannot get married because of what it says in the bible is unconstitutional. And besides, marriage is no longer a religious sacrament, it is a civil event.

Anonymous

Freedom of Religion.

Anonymous

*we weren't

Sorry I'm typing on an iPod touch

BreakfastFan BreakfastFan

pikabeau pikabeau

In response to “There are way too many conservatives that are...

the people who wrote the Bible didnt want slavery, or women to not have rights, or racism. i dont know where you came up with that idea.

Anonymous

In response to “the people who wrote the Bible didnt want...

Do your research. People did use the bible to fight for slavery, against woman's rights, and against interracial marriage. The verses were warped to be used for the gain of a few people, much like today.

pikabeau pikabeau

Couldn't have said it better myself.

andmel andmel

i don't get how people who aren't gay or have anything to do with the matter get to decide on who gets to get married, it's judgemental and wrong. And the bible doesn't say hinder gays from doing anything, people twist the bibles words.

smokebluntsfuckcunts smokebluntsfuckcunts

I don't think the problem is necessarily homosexuality.

I think the problem people have is calling a union between two same-**** people "marriage." I have no problem with gays, but I believe that "marriage" is something that is defined as being between a man and a woman.

I personally think gays should be entitled to some sort of union that guarantees all the legal rights of a marriage because it isn't fair that people who love each other just as much as a married couple aren't allowed to provide for each other. But I don't think it should be a "marriage."

But is that going to be good enough for people? No. So this is going to be an endless debate.

Annabelle

In response to “I don't think the problem is necessarily...

is that your definition of what a marriage is though? Shouldn't everyone be allowed the same rights and opportunities?

Anonymous

You are sooooo right!! oh gee, you are like my favorite person in the world right now :)!! (and no im not gay, im a girl who feels the same way as you but everyone else i talk to doesnt agree with me)

Anonymous

But why can't it be called a marriage? Its just a word. If they get all the same rights as heterosexuals in this "union" then why not also the title of marriage? Why exactly is it so wrong in the first place? And why is it an issue now? I don't remember the time period but way back in the day most people were openly bisexual. I wish I knew more so I could make my point better but it was somewhere around king Louis or something. But don't quote me on that.

Anonymous

In response to “But why can't it be called a marriage? Its...

"Marriage" is a religious term, so no, it's not just a word. It's a word that represents the religious dedication of a man and a woman to each other in God. Homosexuals can still have a union without it being religious, in which case their union has nothing to do with God, and should therefore carry a different title. And as to why it's so wrong, at least the Catholic Church condemns having ** when not for the sole purpose of procreating. Because homosexuals cannot procreate, the Church does not allow same-** marriages.

Anonymous

In response to “"Marriage" is a religious term, so...

Why can't gays be married in the eyes of God? Many homosexuals are great Christian men and women and wish to go about their relationships in wholesome and moral ways, i.e. marriage. And who says that the Catholics are the authority on what is right and wrong? Give me one Biblical argument that I can't overcome about why gays cannot get married. Honestly.

timmyturner493

Technically straight people can't marry members of the same ** either. Seeing as marriage is just a civil union, some straight people may want to get married to someone of the same for legal reasons. I saw it on Boston Legal :-). So you probably should've said same ** couples instead of 'gay' but I guess that's not really the point of your post.

JimiHendrix JimiHendrix

if you really understand the point of christianity you would know theres nothing wrong with homosexuality. the book of leviticus says a bunch of crap meant to keep the population of isreal up--dont be gay (you can't make babies), you must procreate, dont eat shellfish (in that region they're poisonous), dont eat pork (they thought it was diseased), etc. it has nothing to do with sin

Anonymous

Gays have just as much right as anyone else in the world. They shouldn't be discriminated or judged just because of who they are. marriage is something that connects two people forever, and it should NOT be limited to a man and woman.

ToyCar ToyCar

I've seen hetero couples with men who cheat on their wives like idiots, and women who **** around all too much. It makes no sense whatsoever for homo couples, who I've seen myself appreciate each other beyond the level of any hetero couple out there be denied marriage. Honestly, it makes me sick how ignorant and unjust some people can be.

Anonymous

Beautifully said.

Anonymous

look im all for freedom of religion, wierdo fundamentalist/evangelist christians go nuts but seriously dont try to combine the ecclesiastical with the legislature. equality is pararmount. you can claim that its disgusting and immoral or whatever you want but two dudes or two chicks macking on doesnt really affect you does it? live and let live.

Anonymous

You make me sick gay people are sinners and set a bad a
Example for our children. Gay marriage shouldn't be tolerated anywhere!

Anonymous

In response to “You make me sick gay people are sinners and...

u do it under anonymous cuz u are ashamed of what u said how about u be a big person and give your opinion and your name?

kittiekaori kittiekaori

Would you rather not be able to be married anywhere?

Anonymous