lemon1234567890Clay_TheChaikasGabbyClementsMatt_the_JewChuckTomBub

emzwoMoonshoes8DGeek962cool_4usernamefalalalalaCatManscene_Kidd12KristenKatieKatieKirstenAnnCaitlinEternalSailorSol

anime_serenaTheWorldIsUglyCarrieMoss
People hide behind religion because it promises them a place for the afterlife, so religion is a mask for those who fear death, amirite?

Voldemort was an atheist, and he feared death more than anyone.

Anonymous

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES
totaly homepage!!!!!!someone senseble-- soooooooooooo coool

Sirfrogity

haha, all the religous people didnt like this, but i agree with you :)
Religion is something people made up when they were low on hope :p

xomarionxo xomarionxo

In response to “haha, all the religous people didnt like...

haha, seriously. :)

anneso53 anneso53 OP

I'd like to say that this is one of the stupidest amirites in a long time. First of all I am a Christian and I will still die no matter if I think I'm going to Heaven after that or not. You might be afraid of death, but I know I have God after I die. Your religion might be "made up", but mine is not.

Anonymous

In response to “I'd like to say that this is one of the...

Critianity is based on some random random scrolls that men decided were the true answers to life... but they were wrong there isnt one god there are many thats why good things and bad things happen the greek and romans got it right

Anonymous

Anonymous

Why can't you respect those of us who have religion? Posting this was unnecessary.

Anonymous

In response to “Why can't you respect those of us who have...

Actually it's an opinion. This site is for opinions. Therefore, it was necessary.

Anonymous

Anonymous

In response to “Voldemort was an atheist, and he feared death...

How do you know Voldemort was an atheist?

marsellas

to the well organized mind, death is but the next greatest adventure.
;)

Anonymous

Religion is an organised system or institution of belief that focuses on the traditions of men instead of the pursuit of a relationship with God.

So even though I believe in God, and have a relationship with Him I support this post. I'm not religious.

Eternal

In response to “Religion is an organised system or...

agreed. religion does not equal a relationship with Him.

CompletelyAwkward7

Can't speak for everyone else but my being religious has nothing to do with afterlife. I believe it to be truth and I'm happier this way. Learn to respect this as much as I respect your lifestyle choice.

gramma_me

To be honest, I wouldn't be afraid of death even if I didn't believe in a god. And quit trolling.

The_Enlightened The_Enlightened

In response to “To be honest, I wouldn't be afraid of death...

I dont see how this would be trolling. Everyone has their own thoughts on this subject and if they want to write what they thing, then they can :)

xomarionxo xomarionxo

In response to “I dont see how this would be trolling...

I mean yeah, it's fine if you're atheist. You're just accepting the world based on your own understanding. But this post is basically calling people of any religion besides atheism a coward, which could be considered trolling.

And thanks for not being a **** about it ^^

The_Enlightened The_Enlightened

In response to “I mean yeah, it's fine if you're atheist...

Well im sure everyone has their different reasons for why theyre religous! I personally dont believe in God for the fact that I dont have enough proof that he evens exist. And though most religous people aren't cowards, some do convert when the death of themselves or others is at hand, just because its their last hope :p

xomarionxo xomarionxo

Depends on your religion and how you interpret it.

monstrosity monstrosity

Lol, nobody who disagreed has commented yet.

Gaussian

I understand that this is your opinon. But religon a thing for people that want the truth.

Anonymous

This is probably the stupidest opinion i have ever read. before you decide to be completely ignorant again, i suggest you gain some inside knowledge. K thanks.

Anonymous

But I have my faith, and do not fear death. I think it just makes me an all around better person. I'd much rather believe in something, and care about it dearly, and do the right thing, than to not believe in it at all. I know it sounds like I'm saying Atheists have no morals because that is DEFINITELY wrong. I'm just saying, for me, personally, religion has guided me to have strong morals. Either way, we believe in what we want to believe in. Some people are brought up in an a home where all they know is religion. I doubt any of you can convert someone on the internet, since both religion and atheism have not been 100% proven. It's just interesting to see peoples opinions.

ispeakparseltongue ispeakparseltongue

why do people that don't have a strong belief system have to be rude and judgemental to us that do? I have many friends that don't believe in anything, and I do we get along just fine because we have respect for eachother maybe you guys should learn some respect for the other users on here!

ireishchick

In response to “why do people that don't have a strong belief...

You know, it's not a question of respect or not. It's the way i see it. I'm not saying that being religious is stupid, or anything of the sort and I understand those who have strong beliefs. Last time I checked my post didn't say "All religous people are cowards and believe in nonsense" because that's not what I think. You just misinterpreted it. It's just an opinion, you shouldn't take it all to the first degree, and maybe try to see it my way. :)

anneso53 anneso53 OP

Everyone's afraid of death, whether they know it or not. To prove it, try putting a "fearless" person in a life-or-death situation.
The fact that fear is a natural self-preservation human reaction renders this post useless.

Emma

In response to “Everyone's afraid of death, whether they know...

It's saying that people want to believe there's something waiting for them after death, like a god or heaven or something. Of course anyone in a life/death situation is effing scared, but I'm saying that people who really believe in their religion are more assured because they think something is waiting for them, or that it's God calling them. They actually won't be scared. But take away their religion, or say that it's fake or something well the mask would be taken away as well and they'd face what they'd fear.
That's all I meant.

anneso53 anneso53 OP

...Davy Jones is a mask for people who fear death.

Whatsername

Actually I have a good feeling I'm going to hell but who knows?
If anyone is hiding it's the atheists. They know they have committed sins and are afraid of the afterlife. While Theists, even those of us who committed sins are ready for the next life.

1) Majority of religions don't promise an after-life.
2) Atheists fear death just as much as the next person. You think Atheists are stronger willed in that they are not afraid of death. Everyone is afraid of death it's something all humans have in common.
3) Before you call your self an Atheist, make sure you look at more than the basic monotheistic faiths.

A. Your ignorance is bliss
B. The only people that gave you thumbs up were Atheists.
C. Even fellow Atheists thumbed you down because you make the rest of them look bad.

CatMan CatMan

In response to “Actually I have a good feeling I'm going to...

I'm not atheist. I'm not anything really, religion wise.

anneso53 anneso53 OP