raequinn101MothernaturerawrowlbearMusicIsMySaviorimnotaskingagent_eclaireAnnDeevax4everxlove101BromeoTrazzzKateismeProsopagnosialucichiloveyouMusicislife2GracieGraceGreenDayRocksMyWorldNARNIAsosillyKatffroBassClarinetistStwentytwoanbrightririrazzledazzleCraig_dontyouknowSaddlesore92EriIchLiebeDichlilsushigirl5MiL3FideliusChocoracheNo_onekaneenybaneenyPianomanchanceyclassyceeJellyBlockJoan_hello_kittyIAMSTORMRabbit_FuzzTallglassofwaterMhmmmmaaahpsuluver555Smile_PrettyYouKnowLighten_UpBaconnoisseur

528491AuroraCityshorkianMister_Jim_HalpertcanthinkTheGrammaratorStepharooPaigachuwolfelinaDraco_MalfoytheonlystrangeoneStarlight_dragon_hannahsilvershadow6RangaaaShubaccaemilysoccer2rewindthissongsaxybandgeekBasuno

Nobody :(
Funner might not be a word, but it still is fun to use sometimes, amirite?

I just need everyone here to know that the word "funner" is a word. If you take a word of one syllable- "fun"- the comparative form of that one syllable word is formed by adding "-er" to the ending. Same goes for the superlative form "funnest". People just think that idiomatically it does not sound right, and end up making fun of people who understand their language!

Anonymous

It's funner to say "funner" than it is to say "more fun." That's just a fact.

laika laika

"Funner" and "funnest" are starting to be accepted by major dictionaries.

wobbuffet wobbuffet

In response to “"Funner" and "funnest" are...

no way. really? that's just encouraging poor english.

Rawtoast Rawtoast

In response to “no way. really? that's just encouraging poor...

That's exactly what I thought. The dictionary is just giving up.

shorkian shorkian

In response to “That's exactly what I thought. The dictionary...

i know. I'm so disappointed in those dictionary editors. This kind of thing should be what they live for.

Rawtoast Rawtoast

That's what we think, but it probably won't seem like poor English to future generations who grow up with it.

wobbuffet wobbuffet

I'm just curious as to what part of adding the suffix -er to a one-syllable word is considered poor English?

Harper Harper

That's just following the standard English convention. Wha's wrong with that?

VictoryAAC VictoryAAC

VictoryAAC VictoryAAC

When I hear someone say "funner" it makes them seem really dumb to me.

528491 528491

In response to “When I hear someone say "funner" it...

You know whats funner than your granny panties? The fact that something crawled into them and DIED.

Anonymous

In response to “You know whats funner than your granny...

sounds like you're one of those dumb people who uses "funner"

528491 528491

In response to “sounds like you're one of those dumb people...

sounds like you're one of those uptight people who should be living in an underground closet, upside down in a straightjacket with absolutely no human interaction.

Anonymous

And of course I use "funner" just look at ^^^ comment

Anonymous

In response to “And of course I use "funner" just...

No I'm not uptight I just don't see any reason to dumb yourself down by saying funner when it's just as easy to say "more fun".

528491 528491

In response to “@1051053 (Anonymous): No I'm not uptight I...

agh, I kinda get where you're coming from. (Here comes the big apology/forgiveness? scene) I go to a super preppy uptight private high school, and I'm one of the less uptight people, so to me it's just annoying when people try to act all "I be smarterer dan choo" by correcting the way others speak. Sorry for the bio btw.

Anonymous

In response to “agh, I kinda get where you're coming from...

It's cool, I'm not a grammar nazi or anything just some words like "funner" bug me.

528491 528491

Anonymous