Mod Team

Chocoracheiloveyouch1pmunkCourtnehellephaba101FlyingGuineaPighattrick36SuperhippoAllSmiiilessLuseroolienCherryBlossomNikaTweetbaby14AnonymusmisspelledStanleyBVBFanaticabbeydEustaceLilblair16Courage_Wolfsprite590lauren4004andypantsKatieKatieKristenTalkingRiceDramaGrl151middleseisAnchored17superkeeliItsATrapcookiedoughafterawhileflip_side_prideawesomesockswaterpaynetingTatum_MinusChanningSuzywaoFlipFlopsAndSocksThymeAgainpointlessScottyDiEmilyRainCloud_16runnerdudeAnnajoy97mashMelinalucich

CodayTroublepoop44SpearmintMilkCatbaanedTrishAimzhaleyhsfblonde_zoeEmptyMelodiesSkjetchstupid12345823Bub

Suzywao
It's so sad when you see parents with children who have down syndrome etc. saying they wish the doctor could tell them before the baby was born so they could have an abortion. Why talk about killing your kid when it has already been born, amirite?

Totally. It's one thing to get an abortion because your life is in danger or because you don't think you're ready to look after a child, but talking about killing your already born kid? That's sick

Grilled_Cheesus Grilled_Cheesus

Grilled_Cheesus Grilled_Cheesus

is this about the story that was on the news ? how distugusting is that imagine wen the child grows up and finds out ? i wuld hate my parents seriously i dnt think theyhave hearts..

imma_dancer

In response to “yeah, i know :(

:( sad as :(

imma_dancer

In response to “:( sad as :(

i know

wowwendalwow OP

There is a procedure called an amniocenteses, a sample of amniotic fluid is taken from the mother to test for those conditions that may be present in the child. Its an option for some, but i think required for women over 40-because the age is a factor. Some people do chose to get abortions in that case, But its like waaaaaay before a child is born and im sure if they HAVE the baby they will love it. BUT it is hard to afford/take care of a normal healthy baby-so its like 18329048320 times harder to afford/take care of a disabled baby and thats probly the biggest reason.

renegade

In my mind; where the child is or how old they are doesn't matter. Grocery store?friends house? 19? 8? In the womb and a couple months old? It doesn't matter. Killing any child is wrong.and to consider it different because they have something "wrong" with them is disgusting.

Anonymous

In response to “In my mind; where the child is or how old...

Dude. We're not here to argue political matters.

SuperSukh

Oh, that wasn't political, just my opinion. Killing a child is wrong, but thinking about killing a child because they're not "right"? You can't go lower then hurting a child( or wanting to hurt a child) has to have it's own level somewhere.( same poster as before)

Anonymous

@anon I feel like you're trying to start an abortion debate.

goodtime goodtime

No, no debate. Just opinion. And now this comment is over, right?

Anonymous

Kind of like the book Handle With Care by Jodi Picoult.

PurpleGumDrop

In response to “Kind of like the book Handle With Care by...

That's exactly what I thought when I read the post!

jykjlw2 jykjlw2

Isn't there a way to tell if the kids gonna be born with "issues?" (I don't know what most people say) :/

SuperSukh

In response to “Isn't there a way to tell if the kids gonna...

There is, and many people do choose to get an abortion after finding out that their child has severe downs syndrome, for instance.

cherryblaster cherryblaster

I think I would, as selfish as it is.

GiggityGoo22 GiggityGoo22

I don't think it's selfish, really. The kid would just have to rely on others for everything. He or she might have trouble in school or finding a job. It'd just be easier not to have it....

SuperSukh

Yeah they wouldn't have a good life.

GiggityGoo22 GiggityGoo22

I agree with op but I can see why the parents would be angry. It's a huge burden to take care of those kinds of kids and it would suck to have to take on such a big responsibility that you didn't want in the first place.

Anonymous