• Featured on the home page on Oct 13th 2012
  • Post Of The Day on Nov 5th 2012

DaytripperLazynezhellolifeiloveyouAgirlthirstypigs17ChloeneoleaCrackTheShuttersButtskillinkiramexicanpeanutfreddoEmilyroseDrunkOnTeaJoyStarTotobeanSheikeyjpwattstxDestructiveMuffinGossipGirl1990KukuxumushuChuchutrainOhJustLaughMaiAlyKhana_HatakeOhaaaiLifeSuxThenYouDieBig_BossGoodVibrationsgbgkgdgfuOptimusPrime69joanneeimnotmesmellycatrulesxXRinielbiondellojellyrcw11RainbootsFv92purplemeshSodalucichlipsx0fxdeceitMayaFrostehhx2502manTreldmanswimlaxWynautCuban_BB10ckH34d

SnickerGolfWangI_am_Yo_PimpAltoid_Freak_250PrincessBridgetxxNormaRashedKirstenAnnmaumauFrank_n_FurtercookiedoughParrocchettomileycyruspearly_whitesDrewtSarcasm_on_iceMeandmycatShubaccaChuckTom

confusedwhaleChuchutrainStacytheHarlotalways_wrongheythereilikeurhairRainbootsBuddyCakesLoulouuu_xINomOnBabiestiffanyloiMyraniaYour_Best_FriendBasunojealousbitches
It's always amazing when you wake up and realize you still have hours to go till it's really time to get up, amirite?

I'm sure not everyone feels the same way, but honestly speaking, the POTDs really aren't as good as they used to be. I'm a relatively new member, but even before the site was sold, the mods picked much better POTDs. Anyone agree?

Altoid_Freak_250 Altoid_Freak_250

Altoid_Freak_250 Altoid_Freak_250

In response to “I'm sure not everyone feels the same way, but...

Yeah. The best ones came when Ant picked them days in a advance, then they degraded just a little when they were picked just before the time, and now it's like it's an automated system for the most suggestions instead of a real person decided which is the most awesome.

I think even some of my earlier posts would have made better POTDs.

B10ckH34d B10ckH34d

In response to “Yeah. The best ones came when Ant picked them...

I don't know why all these people are hating. It isn't that creative a post, but give Anthony and the mods a break. It must be exhausting to sort through thousands of posts in order to find a kick-**** one every day for two years straight. I mean who can blame them for going to an automated system. Anthony needs to use his brain power to work on ending world hunger not picking a perfect POTD every day.

But I agree this post is slightly ****.

Dwight Dwight

In response to “I don't know why all these people are hating...

We don't have an automated system (wary)

SpearmintMilk SpearmintMilk

Dwight, i'm not sure if you've realized this but..
Anthony isn't even on Amirite anymore.

mirandaamirite

But there were so many moderators each one could pick their favourite post and Anthony could sort through the twenty+, or maybe 100 posts after that.

B10ckH34d B10ckH34d

In response to “But there were so many moderators each one...

Just saying, that's not in any way how it worked. Katja, Bre, Ant and I were the ones who picked POTD. There was never an automated system; the suggestions page was just where we looked for posts and the more suggestions a post had the higher on the list it was. All that's changed is there's now different people choosing POTD. We could choose a POTD from anywhere we saw the post (e.g. POTD suggestions or the just in page).

ActionMan

This. POTD. Why.

boxtop

Come on, you were doing well for a few days there.
And how many people actually voted this to be the POTD?

When picking a POTD you should start by being on the safe side.
You should try to pick something that has shown it's self to be a great post already, lots of favorites and/or POTD votes.
Not this garbage, I mean it's obvious it's not a very good post, it's got like one favorite for every hundred votes that's pretty shit and who would vote this to POTD?
Certainly not more people than the people who favorited it, there's no discussion to be had.

This is something you'd see on Facebook, not Amirite. We're a different sort of people here. If you're trying to attract the Facebook audience they won't stay. They aren't suited for this site. You'd have to ban everyone who's against this sort of thing for those people to enjoy this site and trust me that's a terrible idea.
We're the type that nest. We are stable profit for you.

I won't go further than that because I feel as though I'm starting to be extremely pretentious.

Len Len

In response to “Come on, you were doing well for a few days...

I actually don't think you're being pretentious at all. Facebook is a simple site because its more for lurking your friends and writing on timelines, and it's not commonly used as a place for clever humour like amirite. The problem is that under the new ownership they're trying too hard to achieve Facebook and Tumblr like popularity, despite how bad it'd actually be for the quality of the posts and overall integrity of the site. If you're a social networking site you're a social networking site, if you're a blogging site then you're a blogging site. Amirite is its own breed and the owner shouldn't be trying so hard to make it something it's not. The appeal of this place is that it's different from Facebook, twitter, and all the rest. We should keep it that way

monika13 monika13

If they are trying to attract the Facebook audience then WE won't stay.

WideAwake WideAwake

Or if you're me you get up an hour early, drive to work and THEN realise you could have slept in.

TheBlindMan TheBlindMan

Sheesh, you guys whine a lot.

Anyway, I never do that, if I wake up I have a lot of trouble sleeping again, plus my bed is horrible...

Skr3wBall Skr3wBall

In response to “Sheesh, you guys whine a lot. Anyway, I...

Same. Once I'm up, I'm up.

KirstenAnn KirstenAnn

In response to “Same. Once I'm up, I'm up.

(hello)

Anonnyyy

I think this is talking about waking up in the morning and going through the tedium of the work day, and then having hours to go before you can actually wake up and party.

Just me? Oh. Okay (sad)

Anonymous

Usually a few hours before I get up would be around four in the morning, and I'm not really appreciative then. More just wishing I wasn't losing sleep.

cookiedough cookiedough

Thank you daylight savings!

pondinariver pondinariver

This is the POTD? You've got to be kidding me..

Boufaka Boufaka

"Your POTD is bad and you should feel bad."

Zoidberg

Isn't this just ironic http://ctrlv.in/133239

Retard