yay_im_wrongPersonaNonGrataCodayMonintoTaterElmopullthetrigger__Whutsurnaymtakemetothemoon13hearts1020My_Dinosaur_LifepotentialtobreatheIamrite23QuaintPancakesjbullbrookmlpanda13peacelovedance_23B747armtheangelsiAlwaysMissAwesomsaurus3000JennlovesmcrProsopagnosiabhegsoupmuffinsPedestriansBig_BossNoPostOnSundayssestrada16morganiooEgotisticalegarcia22tanman1212SaikaDaAce96Alexx_AngelShortie101karadotcollettSo_SwaqqerificRedotthatsnotmynameButtsGlompableFriday_Night_LightsGrumioSoyChelseaTheTall123sugarbabyCoffeebreakheyitskennyyyy

RysiathePretendersarahfinnocentbunnysashlaaaaycoffeexcakewillisjawnatalieg10Spongetrack_starTacomuncherx22scojohayrosemydoglovesurmom2aabbccddeedjmaster711broadwaygleekTrazzzNickBrociousscrantoncityadumbhuman_likeyoube8DPugasdijojioiojioxjLittleMexicoYeeeahEmmaMusicalXMollyDramaGrl151GabeShuckawesomepersonerinliannaclareschmungerrihearandomusicFlipdRunawaysrocknrollclownTheWeaselOhEmGee_MuffinxhopefulxBlueReaItsPreeGoodBoudicaREBEKKAHmouse4216AlisonJESSSbruhBlerbbbJennitaliaFrasierFanForever

Redotlhoff123AlisonfEMMAnist
If you're prolife, then technically you should also be vegetarian, amirite?

To all the people saying "We don't eat fetuses", your whole argument that even though it's not fully developed, it's still life, which means that fully developed animals are still life. Your whole argument is that killing life is bad, no matter how developed it is. If that is your case, then TECHNICALLY, yeah, you should be a vegetarian.

But, then again, you might think animals are below people, so they don't get the same "pro-life" treatment, do they?

Alexx_Angel Alexx_Angel

We don't eat human babies.

Anonymous

No, we don't eat human babies.

Anonymous

We don't? This leaves us at an impass..

Julian Julian

We don't eat animal fetuses...so this is irrelevant

Anonymous

In response to “We don't eat animal fetuses...so this is...

What do you call an egg?

Anonymous

In response to “What do you call an egg?

The eggs we eat are non-fertilized, therefore not technically a fetus.

Tacomuncher Tacomuncher

In response to “The eggs we eat are non-fertilized, therefore...

But they were never given the choice to become fertilized.

Supper4dinner Supper4dinner

In response to “But they were never given the choice to...

Chickens lay eggs whether they are fertilized or not. And humans aren't not pro-life if they choose never to become pregnant. Not becoming pregnant isn't the same thing as killing a baby.

Sandrine

Fertilized eggs are available for public consumption.

Anonymous

Alexx_Angel Alexx_Angel

In response to “To all the people saying "We don't eat...

I think it's not really that they're below people, I think it's because they are not people. It would just be 100 times more sick if we ate our own kind.

Tacomuncher Tacomuncher

In response to “I think it's not really that they're below...

No, it's because they think people are better than animals. VVVV

Alexx_Angel Alexx_Angel

killing HUMANS is bad. People>Animals.

asdijojioiojioxj

In response to “killing HUMANS is bad. People>Animals.

People are ACTUALLY a type of animals, so, um doesn't actually work out.

Anonymous

In response to “People are ACTUALLY a type of animals, so, um...

Yeah, where I come from we don't lock up people in zoos, they're actually all civilized...and stuff. Weird...

asdijojioiojioxj

In response to “Yeah, where I come from we don't lock up...

No, instead we have jail. c:

Anonymous

In response to “No, instead we have jail. c:

Funny, I have never been to jail, Oh! It's because I haven't broken the law! I was unaware that the zoos only captured animals disobeying the code. I'll be sure to ask each animal personally if he or she has committed a crime.

scrantoncity

You just proved my point.

Alexx_Angel Alexx_Angel

I actually agree with this on a level, since a human fetus is often on the same level as an animal, especially during the early stages of development.

Anonymous

Well, animals that we eat aren't exactly given a chance to live. They're grown at a facility where they rarely, if ever, see the light of day. They are grown until they are the proper weight for consumption, then they are slaughtered.

So, they never get a chance to live. So... yeah.

marou239 marou239

In response to “Well, animals that we eat aren't exactly...

I don't see where you're going with this. Fetuses aren't given the chance to live either.

Anonymous

In response to “I don't see where you're going with this...

Yes, so, technically, if you're pro-life, you should be a vegetarian as well.

marou239 marou239

In response to “Yes, so, technically, if you're pro-life, you...

Okay, I get it now.

Anonymous

But what kind of life is an animal fetus supposed to live, if given the chance? Were they going to aspire to go to college or have a family or change the world or something?

Blerbbb

I like this :) Ironically, I'm pro-choice and vegetarian.

EstoniaObsessed

In response to “I like this :) Ironically, I'm pro-choice and...

pro choice in all honesty means murder. because if you arent pro life, you are pro death. pro choice people are the ones who dont choose life, which=murder.

Anonymous

In response to “pro choice in all honesty means murder...

Uhm... I don't think this is a case of "Either your with us or your against us!". Just because I believe women should have a say in what happens to their bodies does /not/ mean that I enjoy dead babies...

SarcasticPanda

Uh.... No. I personally would probably not get an abortion because if for some reason I got pregnant as a teen in the next couple years (which I'm smart enough not to), my mom had four kids and I know there would always be someone to help me. But I am definitely pro-choice because every woman has a different situation. For example if a small girl (small body, but like 15) accidentally got pregnant, the baby could really hurt her as she gave birth. Also, if abortion is illegal, women will do it themselves or find and illegal doctor to do it. So therefore, I am pro-choice.

EstoniaObsessed

Plants are life too!

9876098 9876098

In response to “Plants are life too!

Haha, I did research on vegetarianism last year for a paper, and I learned about fructarianism, where people will only eat the food if it doesn't kill the plant. So, they pretty much only eat fruits and nuts.

marou239 marou239

In response to “Haha, I did research on vegetarianism last...

That's pretty much abortion for plants. You're preventing the possibility for life to form...so...that's still not "pro-life."

djmaster711 djmaster711

In response to “That's pretty much abortion for plants...

That comment was just simply informing people of this type of diet. Besides, how is it preventing life to form if it isn't killing the plant? Anyway, eating anything is technically not "pro-life", if you want to get technical about it.

marou239 marou239

the meat on fruits like apples and peaches are actually the ovary. but eating that doesn't really harm the seed inside, so i guess it's not technically abortion.

Your+name+(optional)

In response to “Plants are life too!

Plants don't have feelings, mind, or even know they exist.

Anonymous

In response to “Plants don't have feelings, mind, or even...

There was a study done that showed that plants actually have feelings and can adapt to different situations.

marou239 marou239

What makes you think that they don't? Are you a plant? O__o;

Anonymous

Neither do fetuses.

Tangletalon Tangletalon

Yea...plants are living organisms too, wtf are you talking about. Being a vegetarian doesn't make you pro-life, just means you refuse to eat meat because of some of the methods we obtain it.

You can't please everyone.

djmaster711 djmaster711

In response to “Yea...plants are living organisms too, wtf...

But if you're pro-life and not vegetarian, then you obviously think humans are superior to animals and that animal lives aren't as precious as an unborn human.

Anonymous

In response to “But if you're pro-life and not vegetarian...

Well...they aren't. This is an argument that could go on forever. But the point is, we're at the top of the food chain, and we need to consume what's around us to survive, and if that means animals and other life then so be it. Are you gonna go lecture a lion for hunting down a wildebeest? Didn't think so. I'm not for slaughter houses or anything, and I don't think vegetarians are stupid or anything like that, but we need food and nutrients. And as long as farmers are treating their animals well and killing them with respect, then that's fine with me.

It's the circle of life buddy, deal with it.

djmaster711 djmaster711

In response to “Well...they aren't. This is an argument that...

No, I'm not going to lecture a lion for hunting down a wildebeest, but a lion also doesn't jump down my throat for saying abortions are okay.

And by no means are we at the top of the food chain. Things eat us, too, we just act like it's such a horrible thing that they do. If a bear mauls and eats a human, the bear is put down. We like to pretend that we're at the top, just so we can feel safe, but we're really not.

Anonymous

In response to “No, I'm not going to lecture a lion for...

Then quit complaining...

LOL we have the ability to stop something from attacking us. Whether it be with force (guns) or through evasion (cars) we're at the top. We're at the top with our intelligence, that's why we don't go out picking fights we can't win...

djmaster711 djmaster711

In response to “Then quit complaining... LOL we have the...

... Are you serious? Yes, we sure as hell do. Hell, we pick fights we can't win with each other, do you really think people don't pick fights they can't win with animals? Bears kill and eat humans, lions kill and eat humans. Animals kill and eat humans all the time, we just like to gasp and scream as if it's such an oddity.

Anonymous

In actuality, God created humans, and every animal, told the only two humans at the time that they were in charge of every animal. We are the top of the food chain. Occasionally, a wildebeest can kill a lion, but that doesn't make him above it on the food chain. I guarantee that the expert on murdering bears would be able to kill a bear hand to claw. It takes knowledge, and bears hunt every day, and maul, but humans don't have to struggle to survive. Back when we hunted with spears and stuff, we killed bears. We are the top, and we are superior to animals.

scrantoncity

In response to “In actuality, God created humans, and every...

TL;DR. I'm atheist.

Anonymous

In response to “TL;DR. I'm atheist.

Doesn't change fact.

scrantoncity

In response to “Doesn't change fact.

The fact that your GOD MADE HUMANS SUPERIOR HURR argument is nullified by the fact that I don't believe in your imaginary friend? I know.

Anonymous

In response to “The fact that your GOD MADE HUMANS SUPERIOR...

Yes, as I just stated down below, my religion isn't a religion. It's the truth.

scrantoncity

Anonymous

In response to “Prove it.

Actually, disprove it. It's not about proving it; God could reveal himself at any moment, but that takes away from those that actually listen to reason and believe in him. That's also why He gave us free will, in my opinion. But, as I said before, it's about disproving the false (evolution,) leaving the only truth (Christianity) for reasonable people to accept.

scrantoncity

In response to “Actually, disprove it. It's not about proving...

If he could reveal himself at any moment, then why doesn't he?

Anonymous

In response to “If he could reveal himself at any moment...

Read my paragraph, and I explain it to the best of my abilities. Also we cannot fathom why he does things.

scrantoncity

It's not truth, actually. Sorry, but you have to have any sort of proof to shove your judgement down people's throats.

Anonymous

In response to “It's not truth, actually. Sorry, but you have...

It is the truth. I have proof. I have incontrovertible proof for most major events, as stated.

scrantoncity

In response to “It is the truth. I have proof. I have...

Oh, please, do share.

Anonymous

In response to “ Oh, please, do share.

Okay, pick an event: Christ's life, The Flood, The Beginning, or Christ's Resurrection. Also, revelation predicted satellite TV 1500 years before now. Interesting, eh?

scrantoncity

In response to “Okay, pick an event: Christ's life, The...

The first four of which I don't believe happened. And who predicted that?

Anonymous

In response to “The first four of which I don't believe...

Revelation 11:9 "For three and a half days men from every people, tribe, language and nation will gaze on their bodies and refuse them burial." That means everyone, everywhere, can watch them. This wasn't possible until satellite TV in the 60's or whenever.

scrantoncity

In response to “Revelation 11:9 "For three and a half...

So for three days, everybody can see somebody and not bury them? That's trying too hard.

Anonymous

In response to “So for three days, everybody can see somebody...

Everyone all over the world can see them. Explain that. Do you think that all 6 billion people (well it would be less after the Rapture) could see someone in the streets in three days? No it's impossible.

scrantoncity

In response to “Everyone all over the world can see them...

Less, back then. Also, remember that the Bible was completely European.

I'm ignoring, of course, the fact that there are almost no documents about proof of the Bible. You would expect, for example, that the Egyptians would have a hieroglyph that says "Yay, I have a lot of slaves!" (Exodus in the Old Testament). But no, the only reference to the Israelites says "Yay, the Israelites are dead!"

Tangletalon Tangletalon

In response to “Less, back then. Also, remember that the...

Yes, back then. But, Even so, how would you expect the at least 500 million people to see them at the same time? Okay, sir you say there is no evidence. Pick one of the four topics I listed and I'll prove it to you. Not any other topic, one of the four that I listed.

scrantoncity

In response to “Yes, back then. But, Even so, how would you...

I don't like you. Your posts above (not just the one I'm replying to) are really stupid. Everyone says their religion is the truth, so there are a lot of very wrong people. So please, shut up.

EstoniaObsessed

In response to “I don't like you. Your posts above (not just...

Yes, but, religions have been proven wrong. To this date, the Bible hasn't been proven wrong. If you can, beyond a doubt, prove a major thing, like finding Jesus' body, then you will not only crumble one of the most prominent religions today, but you will be a very rich man. Or woman.

scrantoncity

In response to “Yes, but, religions have been proven wrong...

But none of the major things (as in the creation of the world by God) have been proven either. There are many historical and true aspects to the bible, and then there are stories before Adam and Eve where there would have been no humans to write down the story of.
And you said religions have not been proven wrong. So Hinduism (which from the few Hindu festivals I've been to and Philosophy/Religion classes I've taken is pretty awesome and I agree with a lot of their points) could just as well be the truth, so please, shut up.

EstoniaObsessed

you think humans are the top of the food chain? technically speaking, yes, we have manufactured tools that allow us to remain the dominant species on earth.
that's not saying though that we could take on ANY beast of ANY size in ANY environment. we are definitely not the top of the food chain in a lion's den, at the bottom of the ocean, or even in plain ol' nature.
people are always surprised to read stories like that dude getting mauled by his tiger, or that guy from grizzly man getting his throat ripped out by a bear. but that's just pure animal nature.
our revolutionary evolutionary wonder are our brains, and we only thrive in environments where we can use that to our advantage (making tools.) otherwise, we are so dead compared to 10 foot tall wild grizzly bears. all in all, sometimes we're not at the top of the food chain. plain and simple.

Your+name+(optional)

Quite frankly, animal lives arent as precious as human lives. Its been said before here that God created humans in his own image and put them on top, so obviously the lives of humans are more important

Coleslaw

In response to “Quite frankly, animal lives arent as precious...

... Again, atheist. Saying, "God says this," "God says that!" Is not effective against somebody who thinks your god is imaginary.

Anonymous

In response to “Again, atheist. Saying, "God says...

either way, humans are the dominant race. if we weren't, lets say, a monkey could be president.

Anonymous

In response to “either way, humans are the dominant race. if...

Or a human could be alpha male.

Anonymous

for everyone that doesnt believe in God and needs scientific proof of his existance, look up pictures of laminin. it's a protien in the body that holds all our cells together, and it just so happens to be in the perfect shape of a cross.

Anonymous

In response to “for everyone that doesnt believe in God and...

... Or a lowercase t in most fonts and handwriting.

Anonymous

And when was laminin formed? When life came? I think life came before 2013 years ago. And Romans were using crosses much before Jesus was crusified. And crosses hold things together really well. And a lot more arguments.

Tangletalon Tangletalon

In response to “And when was laminin formed? When life came?...

One more thing: Lamanin actually has many forms. Also, lamanin is actually in the upright position a sideways cross.

Tangletalon Tangletalon

God predicted the death of his son through many prophets before Jesus actually died. Ps: I'm not the laminin guy.

Anonymous

And milk too , correct?

9876098 9876098

In response to “And milk too , correct?

Yup. It's taking veganism to the next level.

marou239 marou239

In response to “And milk too , correct?

not in my opinion...

Anonymous

humans are not animals ****.

Pug

In response to “humans are not animals ****.

I sincerely hope that you're kidding.

Anonymous

Please never reproduce.

dradyn dradyn

Stupid post. The term "pro-life" is in itself biased (it implies that being against abortion is essentially the same thing as being against murder, and saying that abortion is murder is an *opinion*). So, basically this is just some sort of semantically based statement? ..

chris9

In response to “Stupid post. The term "pro-life" is...

What do you want it to be called? Pro-don't murder innocent babies? God created animals, and humans, and put us at the top. Don't use the argument that an animal's life is the same as a human's, because it isn't. God also created the baby inside the womb in his image. Fetuses are humans. Abortion is murder.

scrantoncity

In response to “What do you want it to be called? Pro-don't...

I really don't want to start this sort of argument.. hopefully reasonable people can see what I'm saying?

But seriously, scrantonicity, can't you recognize that what you say is an opinion? And that you're using your own belief system to justify your correctness? That's not a valid way to logically disagree with me

chris9

In response to “I really don't want to start this sort of...

In actuality, my religion is the only true one. I don't say that on faith, I say that in good confidence, through research, and questions. And, yes, some faith. You say reasonable people agree with you, but really you mean people who agree with you agree with you, amirite? But, my name isn't kevin's band, it's simply Scrantoncity, not Scrantonicity.

scrantoncity

In response to “In actuality, my religion is the only true...

Well there we go, I'm not about to continue to argue with someone who's going to be stubborn and illogical.

Ugh.. some people

chris9

In response to “Well there we go, I'm not about to continue...

What? Can't argue with facts? I am stubborn, but won't you agree that you should stick to it when you are right? Illogical, please back up your claims.

scrantoncity

In response to “What? Can't argue with facts? I am stubborn...

"In actuality, my religion is the only true one." I didn't realize that we established that as a fact. You're not going to be able to, and I'm not going to engage in some **** argument about religion in which you will undoubtedly base you're reasoning on things such as "faith" and this "evidence" which, most likely, is some stories and unexplained scientific phenomena.

I'm not in the mood

chris9

Your religion is wrong.

Anonymous

In response to “Your religion is wrong.

Disprove it. And, Chris, I have evidence for most major events in the Bible. The flood, Christ, the beginning. However your evidence for evolution is what? Theorizing?

scrantoncity

In response to “Disprove it. And, Chris, I have evidence for...

How about the fact that we're all ** bitches to each other? Have you looked at the world? Everything is going to **, we're killing each other, we're cheating on each other and you think your god will excuse everything if you sit in a box, explain it, then wash your face with some fancy water? How can you say that a god exists when the world is as horrible as it is?

Anonymous

In response to “How about the fact that we're all ****...

Why did you assume I was Catholic? I don't believe one lick of what you say God will excuse. I'm Baptist. I believe you are forgiven, as the Bible says, by one way: Jesus Christ. He died for us. He even died for you, whether or not you accept it. Do you realize that the Bible has an explanation of why we are so evil? The Devil, and free will. People have no self control. People listen to the desires of the flesh. People listen to Satan. And cheating on each other? The best you got? How about premarital ****, for one!

scrantoncity

In response to “Why did you assume I was Catholic? I don't...

People have plenty of self control. They just use it differently than you. They control themselves from murdering self-righteous **** who know FOR A FACT OMG that they're right, and refuse to even think for a millisecond that they might be wrong because OMG NOPE IT'S FACT YOU'RE WRONG SHUT UP. LALALALALA, YOU'RE WRONNGGG, I'MRIIIIGHT. Don't they?

Anonymous

In response to “People have plenty of self control. They just...

Plenty of self control? As a whole? No. Murder, rape, robbery, premarital ****, and yes of course we have self control. Also, it's taking a lot of self control to not insult you for having no morals, like killing innocent babies. I'll listen to your argument, refute it, and like always we will come to an impasse where neither side yields because of controversial evidence. Same with you, chris.

scrantoncity

In response to “Plenty of self control? As a whole? No...

"either side yields because of controversial evidence"

In other words, there is NO EVIDENCE EITHER WAY to say whether or not it can be considered murder. Therefore, it is an individual opinion, and *choice* in the case of a woman with the decision.

chris9

In response to “"either side yields because of...

Not murder, you dolt, but religion. Murder is definitive. You kill a human, baby, fetus, teenager, and it's murder. Killing in war, however isn't murder. Get it?

scrantoncity

In response to “Not murder, you dolt, but religion. Murder is...

I've already told you, if you want to argue religion, we can do it elsewhere.

Haha, insult me, good, I was looking for a mature argument.

chris9

In response to “I've already told you, if you want to argue...

That wasn't an insult, that was fact. Overlooking bare facts makes you a dolt. It's in the definition. Why can't people see this! But, if you felt insulted by that, let me formally apologize, and retract the slip of the tongue. I'm sorry that you feel insulted by instances such as these. It won't happen again, as long as you don't skim over some aspects of my post. Sincerely, Scranton.

scrantoncity

In response to “That wasn't an insult, that was fact...

While I'm sure all of this is making you feel really good and intelligent, you've still ignored the one thing I said multiple times. If you want to have a reasonable argument in some place that is not mixed up with all these comments, I would love to do it. Really, here's not the place, and not the best way to do so. I'm not going to respond to any more of your posts; if you continue to argue here then I will assume that you're relying on this format of discussion to push your fragmented and illogical argument.

chris9

In response to “While I'm sure all of this is making you feel...

Actually, It's time for me to hop off the computer, as I am literally swaying in my seat. I do believe that I am not in peak performance when I have a splitting headache, and I really need to shower. However, a better place than this for a debate? Impossible! I do not understand where we would debate. Anyways, devise a place, and report it here on this thread, and I'll check back in the morn.

scrantoncity

In response to “Actually, It's time for me to hop off the...

http://www.chatzy.com/138668234386
password is: malmJambRyNd

I'll be on later today/tonight

chris9

Like I already said, I'm not having this discussion here. If you really want to, we can argue in some other method than comments on a post which are ending up being unrelated to the topic. Then, I can post our argument right here and others can judge for themselves.

chris9

Oh my Charles Darwin, every time I read one of your posts, i want to puke. I am an atheist, and where is the proof of the beginnig? Yes, Christ existed, but he wasn't the son of God. My theory (that I'm sure many other people have come up with, it's not just mine) is that Mary was just some teenage girl who got knocked up and telling her dad that it was the son of God made him not want to murder her. Then, Jesus was just very smart and taught the word of God.
But seriously, please shut up about your religion being fact. Everyone believes that about their religion.

EstoniaObsessed

In response to “Oh my Charles Darwin, every time I read one...

People as ignorant as you are amusing. I just find it strange that you believe the lies (Darwin admitted it himself) that the evolutionists feed you. Proof of the beginning. As in 6000 years.

scrantoncity

In response to “People as ignorant as you are amusing. I just...

I actually just used Darwin's name to refrain from using the word God. And I would LOVE to see your proof of the beginning. Please, share it with us.
And I don't like to think of myself as ignorant. I thi k people who think their religion is almighty and is all true are idiots.

EstoniaObsessed

In response to “I actually just used Darwin's name to refrain...

Okay, this is incredibly long. And it's proof a six thousand year ago beginning, because obviously we have to start some time. All which I am saying is fact. Irrefutable, solid fact. In Genesis, there is a near complete genealogy. There are a few absences (I don't remember either 6 or 8) where it isn't a direct father to son, so we have to guess. There could be a couple generations in those slots, but most experts agree it should be one or two. However, even at 10 generations, the earth still comes out to be less than 10,000 years old. Okay, so the genealogy from Adam to Jesus is 4,000 years. Add in the two thousand, and we have six. Now, this is Biblical evidence. The Bible is historically correct, whether or not you choose to believe that. I will give other evidence in the next couple of posts.

scrantoncity

In response to “Okay, this is incredibly long. And it's proof...

Many evolutionists claim the earth is 6 billion years old. I think that they are six zeros mistaken. They claim that they radiometric date things. And by this oh so reliable method, they came to the conclusion that dinosaurs went extinct 70 million years ago. Well, about a decade ago, non fossilized dinosaur bones were unearthed in Alaska. Non fossilized. Even the evolutionists were baffled, because their theory says that that area was much warmer a long time ago, so the cold couldn't have preserved the bones. Also, scientists at the University of Montana were shocked when they found T. rex bones that were not totally fossilized. Not only were the bones not fossilized but they appeared to have blood cells which would be impossible if they were millions of years old. However, if you choose to say that all this is a lie, well then, you are incredibly wrong, but I have more evidence to come.

scrantoncity

In response to “Many evolutionists claim the earth is 6...

How many cultures have legends, including the Bible, where humans meet/see dragons? Many thousands of accounts where people claim to see dragons. Now, they could all be loons, or the timelines don't match up. Supposedly, people walked the earth 1 million years ago. However, I am saying that we originated 6,000 years ago. Here is an interesting calculation I read about: Today the population grows at 2% per year. If we set the population growth rate at just 0.5% per year, then total population reduces to zero at about 4500 years ago. If the first humans lived 1,000,000 years ago, then at this 0.5% growth rate, we would have 10^2100 (ten with 2100 zeroes following it) people right now. If the present population was a result of 1,000,000 years of human history, then several trillion people must have lived and died since the emergence of our species. Where are all the bones?

scrantoncity

In response to “How many cultures have legends, including the...

Here is the article where I am getting the staggering amount of evidence: http://www.godsaidmansaid.com/t...#38;ItemID=668
The earth's magnetic field also points to a very, very young earth. Scientists believe that the earth is a large electromagnet and the source of the magnetic field is probably a large electric current. In 1971, Dr. T. Barnes theorized that nothing keeps the earth going except its own inertia. Because it is not being refueled with energy the Barnes theory says that the current is running down slowly like a flywheel without a motor. Consequently the strength of the earth's magnetic field is decreasing. Since the first measurement of the earth's magnetic field in 1835, it has lost 7% of its strength. According to the Barnes model the strength of the magnetic field should decrease by a constant rate each year and the data is consistent with just such a decrease. Present data points to a magnetic field which has lost one-half of its

scrantoncity

In response to “Here is the article where I am getting the...

force over the past 1,400 years. Following this line backwards it is clear to see that Earth's age should be measured in thousands, such as in 6,000, and not billions of years. That, pending further need for evidence, and when I am not unbelievably busy, concludes my evidence. However, I am subject to come back and add more when I feel the need.

scrantoncity

Well, it's killing a human, how is that NOT murder?

Anonymous

If you are pro-life, it means you are pro-human life.

LittleMexico LittleMexico

In response to “If you are pro-life, it means you are...

Because who gives a **** about animals anymore?

Anonymous

In response to “Because who gives a **** about animals anymore?

No, that's not my point, but most people that are pro-life are for religious reasons. And as stated in the Bible, humans are given the authority to do as they please with animals. Plus, a lot of animals are carnivores as well. The fact is, an animal life isn't worth as much as a human life. They aren't complex and civilized as we are. They don't have as complex emotions or thoughts.

Also, animals aren't little **** that decide to sleep with everyone and then don't reap their consequences of ending up pregnant.

LittleMexico LittleMexico

In response to “No, that's not my point, but most people that...

Do you know what dolphins do for fun? :3

Anonymous

In response to “Do you know what dolphins do for fun? :3

Do you know that they have the means, and the ability to care for the child they might conceive?

scrantoncity

In response to “Do you know that they have the means, and the...

Yeah, but what about turtles? Out of every time a group of baby turtles hatch, how many of them survive? Evidently, they don't think they've got the means or ability to care for the children that they might conceive.

Anonymous

In response to “Yeah, but what about turtles? Out of every...

Yes, what about them? Neither can humans, but that doesn't make us a turtle, does it? The turtles also don't get pregnant because it feels good. They do it because that is natural instinct. Also, animals aren't humans. One human life is worth a million turtle's lives, to me. Humans are the only creatures who have a chance at salvation. We have a Creator, whose Son died for our sins. Is there a turtle deity?

scrantoncity

Also animals are mostly morally clean and not as selfish as most humans. Complexity, who gives a shit? 'Complexity' is what caused humans to begin destroying this world.

Anonymous

In response to “Also animals are mostly morally clean and not...

true since Adam and Eve's eyes were opened to the world actually knowing good and evil when they ate the fruit, but that's not what I meant exactly. And that's just natural selection. Nature works with animals. Humans are different. Animals usually don't purposefully kill their young unless confused or disoriented like pandas have become.

LittleMexico LittleMexico

In response to “true since Adam and Eve's eyes were opened to...

I am curious, what denomination are you, and are you an evolutionist? Because we seem to be tagteaming this debate haha.

scrantoncity

In response to “I am curious, what denomination are you, and...

I am a Christian, and I go to a non-denominational church. I lean more towards creation as well, but there is some truth to natural selection in minor evolutionary traits. I don't think all of life evolved from some single cell or whatever though, but if that is how it happened, I don't have a problem with it because I'd still believe that God created everything in that way.

LittleMexico LittleMexico

Adam and Eve? Mmm, inbreeding.

Anonymous

In response to “Adam and Eve? Mmm, inbreeding.

Yes, inbreeding. People married their sisters, until God decided there were enough people so they didn't have to. I'm no Biblical scholar, though, it is in there somewhere.

scrantoncity

Inbreeding didn't cause the same birthdefects back then...

asdijojioiojioxj

In response to “Inbreeding didn't cause the same birthdefects...

Oh, so we evolved away from inbreeding? Fascinating...

Anonymous

In response to “Oh, so we evolved away from inbreeding?...

Evolve? No we didn't evolve. God changed us. Any more questions?

scrantoncity

In response to “Evolve? No we didn't evolve. God changed us...

Oh, so your god changed us... so... that's sort of like evolving, except somebody pressed a magical button to make it happen. I gotcha.

Anonymous

you're ridiculous...

asdijojioiojioxj

In response to “you're ridiculous...

I highly doubt it was a button. It might have been a bell, though. On a more serious note, my God actually exists. God also created new languages after the Tower of Babel incident. He is all powerful, after all.

scrantoncity

In response to “I highly doubt it was a button. It might have...

How did humans learn them, then?

Anonymous

I think you replied to the wrong person.

asdijojioiojioxj

So everyone who gets an abortion is a little **** who sleeps around? Yep.

dradyn dradyn

In response to “So everyone who gets an abortion is a little...

No, not all. Most, though. There are the rape babies. I disagree with getting an abortion, but I understand that. Also the babies who will kill the mothers at childbirth.. I still don't condone it, but I see how people would value their lives.

scrantoncity

No, like scrantoncity said, there are rape babies. And I know it's terrible that the mother will have to deal with that for nine months, but I believe they should have the baby, and if unable to keep it or not ready for a baby, they can put him/her up for adoption. I know she would suffer through pregnancy for 9 months, and be emotionally scarred, but in my beliefs as a Christian, you can suffer through something for just a little while compared to what's coming in the kingdom of heaven.

LittleMexico LittleMexico

Did you know that cows and pigs have personalities? They can feel everything humans can.

Anonymous

In response to “Did you know that cows and pigs have...

Well of course they have personalities, but they don't have our thought process, and weren't made in the image of God. You realize you are comparing animals to us. Human life is worth much more.

Luke 12:6-7 (New International Version)
6Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies[a]? Yet not one of them is forgotten by God. 7Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.

LittleMexico LittleMexico

"If you're prochoice technically you should be for the death penalty"

asdijojioiojioxj

In response to “"If you're prochoice technically you...

Because the unborn, unfeeling rock inside of a woman's stomach is equal to a living, breathing human who is currently alive and breathing.

Anonymous

In response to “Because the unborn, unfeeling rock inside of...

first of all, rocks do not equal babies, if you're going to argue at least try and sound intelligent. second of all, the point of that comment was the same point as the post, it's the strawman's argument. afterall, animals < people.

asdijojioiojioxj

In response to “first of all, rocks do not equal babies, if...

When I said rock, I was trying to be comparative. If you're going to argue, at least try not to be a ****.

Anonymous

In response to “When I said rock, I was trying to be...

right well, your not a **** for calling a baby a rock? okay...

asdijojioiojioxj

In response to “right well, your not a **** for calling a...

Again, comparative. Way to read two out of two sentences.

Anonymous

Giving a woman the power to do what she wants with HER CHILD is not the same as being for the death penalty. D;

TicTacAddict TicTacAddict

In response to “Giving a woman the power to do what she wants...

It's not "her" child, it's also the father's. And it's also made in God's own image. It's as human as any other person walking around. You say we come from rocks? Both evolutionary, and whatever pregnancyary is completely illogical and untrue. You seem to think that the baby isn't alive. It is alive, after about 2 weeks, when you can first detect its presence.

scrantoncity

In response to “It's not "her" child, it's also the...

I thought life began at conception, not detection. Pick one.

Anonymous

In response to “I thought life began at conception, not...

Ah you misunderstood. Before detection, but not at conception. It takes a few days before it is actually "alive," as in, aware of its surroundings, moving, etc. I just mean that it is made in God's image at conception, but it isn't alive until whenever.

scrantoncity

In response to “Ah you misunderstood. Before detection, but...

Your god looks like an overgrown raisin? Weird...

Anonymous

In response to “Your god looks like an overgrown raisin? Weird...

Literal misinterpretation? That's a first. Made in His image. Not made to look like Him. Made to BE like Him. And you think I'm ignorant.

scrantoncity

In response to “Literal misinterpretation? That's a first...

thank you, people always seem to think that we are physically made in His image. God is Spirit.

LittleMexico LittleMexico

Define image for me, then.

Anonymous

In response to “Define image for me, then.

Made in His image is like given the ability to procreate and the ability to reason right from wrong.

LittleMexico LittleMexico

In response to “Made in His image is like given the ability...

Actually, we weren't able to distinguish right and wrong until they ate the fruit from the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil.

scrantoncity

In response to “Actually, we weren't able to distinguish...

The image of God refers to the immaterial part of man. It sets man apart from the animal world, fits him for the dominion God intended him to have over the earth (Genesis 1:28), and enables him to commune with his Maker. It is a likeness mentally, morally, and socially.

Mentally, man was created as a rational, volitional agent. In other words, man can reason and man can choose. This is a reflection of God’s intellect and freedom. Anytime someone invents a machine, writes a book, paints a landscape, enjoys a symphony, calculates a sum, or names a pet, he or she is proclaiming the fact that we are made in God’s image.

Morally, man was created in righteousness and perfect innocence, a reflection of God’s holiness. God saw all He had made (mankind included) and called it “very good” (Genesis 1:31). Our conscience or “moral compass” is a vestige of that original state. Whenever someone writes a law, recoils from evil, praises good behavior, or feels guilty, he is confirmi...

LittleMexico LittleMexico

(scrantoncity):that we are made in God’s own image.

Socially, man was created for fellowship. This reflects God's triune nature and His love. In Eden, man’s primary relationship was with God (Genesis 3:8 implies fellowship with God), and God made the first woman because “it is not good for the man to be alone” (Genesis 2:18). Every time someone marries, makes a friend, hugs a child, or attends church, he is demonstrating the fact that we are made in the likeness of God.

Part of being made in God’s image is that Adam had the capacity to make free choices. Although he was given a righteous nature, Adam made an evil choice to rebel against his Creator. In so doing, Adam marred the image of God within himself, and he passed that damaged likeness on to all his descendants (Romans 5:12). Today, we still bear the image of God (James 3:9), but we also bear the scars of sin. Mentally, morally, socially, and physically, we show the effects of sin.

LittleMexico LittleMexico

i will say that i honestly had to look this up again since i hadn't really had to think about it in a while...

LittleMexico LittleMexico

ok, it may not be 'alive' but you still stop a developing life. Just pointing that out (I'm not sure if I am pro-life or pro-choice).

Anonymous

Frankly, I don't give two shits about God, so all of that is irrelevant to me. Sometimes the father agrees with it anyway. Even if he doesn't, it's still her final decision. She has to carry it to term, he doesn't.

TicTacAddict TicTacAddict

In response to “Frankly, I don't give two shits about God, so...

And it's HIS baby too! It's HIS kid who has a life waiting for it. In most of the cases, the women got herself pregnant, as in it was her choice. The choice on ending a life should NOT rest on one person's shoulder, even if it is her kid. I'm not nessacarily pro-life, but all things have to be considered, the mother isn't the ONLY one.

Anonymous

In response to “And it's HIS baby too! It's HIS kid who has a...

Never said she was the only one. And, like you said, "In most of the cases, the women got herself pregnant, as in it was her choice." If that's the case, if she got herself into it, why shouldn't she be the one to get herself out of it? People are always quick to shift blame to the woman, (Eve brought Adam to sin), (It's a woman's fault if she gets pregnant), etc. Then if all this is true, give her the choice to do what she wants with her mistakes!

TicTacAddict TicTacAddict

You'll care about God when you are stuck in eternal darkness for all eternity. I feel bad for all the people hellbound. Other dude: Image as in we were created to model him. If Adam and Eve hadn't eaten the fruit of the Knowledge of Good and Evil, then we would be like him. Perfect, sinless. Just like Jesus was. But, now we are a race of moralless, sinful, bastards (literally), and we have damned ourselves to hell. (How about three "curse words" used literally in one sentence?)

scrantoncity

In response to “You'll care about God when you are stuck in...

They're only cursewords because prisses get afraid of them.

Wait, bastards? Oh, **, bastards are damned to hell? What the , how is that even the **'s fault?

Anonymous

In response to “They're only cursewords because prisses get...

I said used literally, as in the correct sense of the word. The way I used them wasn't cursing in the least. ** isn't bad unless you apply it to a woman. Neither is **, nor damn. But use it as an expletive, yes I frown upon that.

scrantoncity

In response to “I said used literally, as in the correct...

That's totally not the point of what I just said. Are bastards damned to hell, or not?

Anonymous

In response to “That's totally not the point of what I just...

Oh, I thought you were just cursing because you think it makes you cool. No, they aren't. People like you are, through disbelief in truth, but I said we are a race of bastards, in that we are conceived out of marriage. We damn ourselves through our sins.

scrantoncity

In response to “Oh, I thought you were just cursing because...

I'll make sure to be afraid of being damned to hell when I'm rotting, k.

Anonymous

In response to “I'll make sure to be afraid of being damned...

Oh, you'll be in hell long before you start rotting. The transition is instantaneous. You don't need to be afraid of living in a dead body. That is, if you die. The rapture is bound to happen soon, and before, or after, it, the tribulation starts. At the end of the seventh year, Christ will return, not as a humble slave, but as the mighty and righteous King He is.

scrantoncity

I feel bad for self righteous idiots, who preach stupid shit.

TicTacAddict TicTacAddict

PRO-CHOICE. <3

TicTacAddict TicTacAddict

you're all ****' for even thinking that a human life is equal to a pig, or whatever.
if you think your life is equal to a pig or any animal then hahahaha. you have issues. sorry, but i think a bit higher of myself then that.

Pug

In response to “you're all ****' for even thinking that a...

If you're think of yourself as higher, then get a proper education and display the intelligence you have as a human 'superior' to an animal and use the correct words in the right senses and capitalize things.

marite

call people animals if you wish, but we are the dominant race, and animals are here for people to eat.

Anonymous

i could say the samething about you 'pro choice' people
"if you are pro choice then that means you can kill anyone who doesint seem to make your life better"
course not. you would all be outraged. so stfu.

Pug

In response to “i could say the samething about you 'pro...

I like how you said, "I could say something," then you said it, then you said we'd be outraged if you said it... but you kind of said it anyway.

Anonymous

are you an idiot?
omg.. i'm on the floor laughing BECAUSE THAT WAS MY POINT.

Pug

In response to “are you an idiot? omg.. i'm on the floor...

hahahahhahahahahhahahhahahahahahah

LittleMexico LittleMexico

Side comment and joke: Why is it always the unregistered ones who disagree with me?

@418494 (Anonymous): Milking a cow doesn't kill the cow. Eating an animal that died by natural causes doesn't kill the animal. It is up to the fruitarians , not me , though , to decide where to draw the lines.

@418477 (Anonymous): Plants are still living , however.

9876098 9876098

In response to “Side comment and joke: Why is it always the...

Because we know better than to link our names to religious or political arguments. ;)

Anonymous

Animal lives are not of the same worth as human lives. So no, you do not have to be vegetarian to be prolife. Simple as that.

PurpleKneeSox PurpleKneeSox

In response to “Animal lives are not of the same worth as...

Who are you to say that they aren't the same worth? Just because your precious holy book says otherwise doesn't make it true. Animals feel just as much pain as you do. They walk the same earth and give their life so some ** can be selfish. Isn't that basically exactly what you pro-lifers ** about? How their life is taken without their say?

marite

In response to “Who are you to say that they aren't the same...

Animals don't have souls; that is my belief. Spirits, yes. Souls, no. Humans are the only living creature that has a soul. Animals were created for consumption.

PurpleKneeSox PurpleKneeSox

I guess that makes sense , but it could also be as simple as the fact that you're unregistered.

9876098 9876098

In response to “I guess that makes sense , but it could also...

Unless that's not a fact either... xD

Anonymous

im pro-life and a vegetarian, so oh well [:

Anonymous

Side comment: I saw that someone typed a verse from the Bible above ; the arguments are starting to get serious! Also , neither of you are going to (de)convert anyone. Calm down slightly.

(Anonymous): So you are registered...

9876098 9876098

And that's just the way the diagram is drawn. Also, its sideways when it looks like a cross or t. The diagram is supposed to be read so that the 'top' shorter end of the 'cross' is at the left side of the page while the longer 'bottom' part is at the right. And the actual pictures of the cells look nothing like a cross. Unless crosses are squiggly and uneven all over :)

anon

Pro-choice and damn well proud. But it does depend the situation. What if you got raped at a young age? You're not physically able to sustain a child so pro-choice. The outcome depends. Killing a baby and killing a person is not the same thing. A baby (fetus) has not experienced life outside of the mothers womb. An adult has.

Interesting

Souls don't exist

Anonymous

Hahahahahaha wow. Dumbest post I've ever seen. They have nothing to do with each other AT ALL

Anonymous

In response to “Hahahahahaha wow. Dumbest post I've ever...

Agreed. Whoever posted this deserves to be slapped and pushed into a tub of raw beef.

Anonymous

That's like saying "If you don't believe in cannibalism, you should be vegitarian" Killing people is hugely different then killing animals. and the whole egg thing, they were never fertalized therfore never living.

Alison

Okay, this is my input: fetuses are technically humans. They have souls, according to the church. Killing them is different than killing animals. Animals don't have souls. And plus, from a catholic point of view, killing animals for food is okay, even for sport in moderation. They are not intelligent civilized beings like humans. And against the whole, "They aren't alive they are supported by the mother" is like saying its easy to kill people in the hospital because "they aren't alive, they can't live on their own!", and also, saying the mother has a right to control her body is like saying "I don't want to pay for stuff! I have the right to control my money!" It leads to the misfortune of other human beings and is just wrong.

Rarefind

In response to “Okay, this is my input: fetuses are...

Have you ever heard of the separation of church and state? Also, fully grown animals are much more aware than fetuses.

yay_im_wrong OP

In response to “Have you ever heard of the separation of...

Yes, but they don't have the particular potential of the fetuses that get aborted.

Rarefind

In response to “Yes, but they don't have the particular...

a) about 20% end in miscarriage, 2% in death of the baby. 18% are disabled. And who's to say each cow doesn't give to society more than a human does?

yay_im_wrong OP

In response to “a) about 20% end in miscarriage, 2% in death...

I'd rather have another sibling or friend than a hamburger.

Rarefind

In response to “I'd rather have another sibling or friend...

You wouldn't admit it, but you'd rather have milk for 16 people for their whole lifetimes than have one random person in the world.

yay_im_wrong OP