kodabear911xolilasianxoPersonaNonGrataEmily_The_Strangekokorakifanfictionaddictopen_mind_open_soulJoe_LarsonslytherinangelAyyJayySWIMSyetifaceRetooserPinkUnicornIdeasOfADreamerlax333ReginaFilangemonika13anything_chocolateednamodeGrilled_Cheesusminimira123filetJeanSandlethegreatkappaGWestvanillabeanSkonedizzleGeorginaliceWhutsurnaymMusicalXMolly17heartsASDFGHJKLLLtroglobitethe_fresh_princeKayKay_Macabresarah___armComplicatedMuggleHenrix_03riceftwOHdarlingMmhmmmxAnnabelDaleksInWonderlandirismae516irish_wristwatchTicTacAddictMeganFrisbieConnorNoonanrandom_usernamelittletank

Marco

Trazzzphoebala1207razorsoftasrasulkodabear911FlamesToDustx4everxlove101Asteriskimonika13slytherinangelbculive12Bassit007foo_jonomatopoeiaopen_mind_open_soulAverageSlytherinStripedElfSocksJayzeeBun10
True, Hufflepuffs are just the leftovers of the Hogwarts students. However, they are also a witch/wizard, so I'm pretty sure the muggles who are insulting them have an invitation to suck their magical balls, amirite?

How can you say that? Is Tonks a leftover?!
I honestly don't know what house I would be in. I wouldn't mind any house, really. Most of my tests came out as Hufflepuff or Gryffindor, though I read a lot (more than I should, really) and can get a bit sneaky to get what I want.
And this whole issue about Slytherin being the evil house really annoys me. *rant warning*
All houses can be evil. All houses can be good.
Gryffindor can use their bravery for killing innocent people along with dark wizards or defending innocent people against dark wizards. Ravenclaw can use their brains to research and create evil, harming spells or to create spells for good. Hufflepuff's loyalty, patience, and hard work could make them either very good friends or very good enemies. Slytherin's ambition doesn't mean they're evil. They can be ambitious about being somebody evil or somebody good.
"It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."

Reader Reader

True they are witches/wizards but Hufflepuffs are the only the leftovers that didn't have the distinct qualitites of the other houses. They are however, particularly good finders and extremely loyal.

slytherinangel slytherinangel

In response to “True they are witches/wizards but Hufflepuffs...

True. I'd rather be a Slytherin than a Hufflepuff (I'd rather be "evil" or seen as such than be completely unremarkable), but I'd rather be a Hufflepuff than a muggle. And I *find* your last sentence very interesting!

kodabear911 kodabear911 OP

In response to “True. I'd rather be a Slytherin than a...

Not all Slytherins are evil. JKR even said that in an interview. Believe it or not some Slytherins even went back to fight on the good side in the final battle at Hogwarts ^.^ but I know what you mean. I'd rather be a Hufflepuff than a muggle too.

slytherinangel slytherinangel

In response to “Not all Slytherins are evil. JKR even said...

Oh yeah, I wasn't trying to say that... it was more for how it would look to the other people. I would be prouder to be a Slytherin even though the majority of students/people would hate me (if they had a real reason to or not) than to be a Hufflepuff, even though basically every one likes Hufflepuffles. Didn't quite a few of them go back and fight? In that scene in my head it was basically just Pansy and her **** crew that left (with the underage, of course) while the majority of the rest of the Slytherins stayed. I'm not sure if that was actually how she wrote it but it's how I always imagined it...

kodabear911 kodabear911 OP

In response to “Oh yeah, I wasn't trying to say that... it...

Yeah I know what you mean. Yeah Slughorn led the Slytherins to battle. There were quite a few. I'm sure they didn't want a world where Voldemort controlled everything.

slytherinangel slytherinangel

Hufflepuff is my favorite house XP Gryfindor and Slytherin can suck it XP Ravenclaw is ok but Hufflepuff for the win!!!!

PinkUnicorn PinkUnicorn

Why don't you two like hufflepuff? Also I got a Pygmy Puff from universal at the wizzarding world of Harry Potter :)

PinkUnicorn PinkUnicorn

In response to “Why don't you two like hufflepuff? Also I got...

The only good things about Hufflepuff are Cedric Diggory and their common room.

slytherinangel slytherinangel

It's not that I have anything against Hufflepuffles or anything, it would just be kinda lame if you were sorted there since the Hufflepuff house was founded on the idea of equality... therefore, anybody can get in to Hufflepuff, whereas you have to be courages, clever or ambitious to get into the other houses. If you get into Hufflepuff, you don't really know if it's because you're loyal or because you don't fit anywhere else, y'know?

kodabear911 kodabear911 OP

I'm not really sure what you're talking about, but I just bought the whole box set so I'm going to eventually watch the whole series. I watched the first two, and I absolutely love the imagery! Gothic castles, shaggy hair, neatly pressed formal outfits -- it all paints a uniquely beautiful scene. Can't wait to see the rest of the movies. :)

SalientK

In response to “I'm not really sure what you're talking...

I'd suggest reading the books too, just because the movies kinda **** some stuff up. The only one that you really have to be warned of is the 5th movie, though- don't judge us fans off of that movie since it was complete and utter CRAP! They did do a really nice job on the first 2 though.

kodabear911 kodabear911 OP

In response to “I'd suggest reading the books too, just...

I really did try reading the books, at least the first one, but I just couldn't. I got half way through, but the writing style is so elementary -- which makes sense, since it was probably meant for kids in elementary and middle school (at least initially). I know it sounds silly, but I can't really get into books that are below my reading level. They just don't entice me to keep reading. :(

SalientK

In response to “I really did try reading the books, at least...

By the 4th book the writing style is much less elementary. I admit that I had a hard time reading the first one because of that. And they get a lot darker by the 5th. You should definitely try again.

ChubbyBunniez ChubbyBunniez

I had that problem too, actually. It really does get better, and I really think I only got through the first one because I went on a trip to the east coast and couldn't fall asleep 3 hours earlier, so there was really nothing else to do. I can definitely understand not being able to get past the first one if you're starting them late, but even the second one is more in depth than the first. And then JKR gets into like "holy shit" realms where, even though the writing itself is pretty simplistic, the plot development and all that stuff makes up for it.

kodabear911 kodabear911 OP

Bahaha, this is the only Harry Potter post that's ever made me laugh.

dradyn dradyn

Only harry potter post I've liked

LeoEckman

In response to “Only harry potter post I've liked

I'm glad I have that honor ;) I post a lot of them... but I almost always regret them after the 4th minute they're up haha. I know that they're annoying and cliche, but it's like I just can't help myself. I think it's an addiction.

kodabear911 kodabear911 OP

Hufflepuffs are particularly good finders

Jenn

In response to “Hufflepuffs are particularly good finders

What the HELL is a hufflepuff?

asrasul asrasul

In response to “What the HELL is a hufflepuff?

you do not deserve to comment on any harry potter posts. BEGONE!

wowd

In response to “you do not deserve to comment on any harry...

On the contrary, I am quoting from the greatest, the best, the most beautiful "A Very Potter Musical". You should watch it.

asrasul asrasul

You fail. Go watch A Very Potter Musical.

Prongsie

I'd cry for days if I was sorted into Hufflepuff.

My top choices would be Slytherin or Ravenclaw. (:

TicTacAddict TicTacAddict

Reader Reader

Well, I think that Gryfindor would be my first choice. I honestly couldn't see me belonging to any other house. And to ME, being a Hufflepuff is like a slap in the face. It's like, "Look, we all know you don't belong here, so just go to Hufflepuff with the other misfits". Especially when Hogwarts is supposed to be your HOME. Not someplace where you feel you don't belong.

Prongsie

the "suck their magical balls" just made my day! :)

DaAce96 DaAce96

They're good finders!

Anonymous

Hufflepuffs are not leftovers! They are kind and loyal. Not to say that others aren't. But, think about it this way: if you're in Ravenclaw, it doesn't mean that everyone else ISN'T smart. Everyone is. Same with Hufflepuff. Everyone may be kind, but it especially shown in Hufflepuffs.

Anonymous