dirigibleplumsSalientKAmiriteAdminmexicanpeanutchristiney_da_genieincedioBoltgunmetalGibbsPedo_Catmonkey1995mirfish3chickey212jacxhpxsportsChloeneoleasarahhhilostmyshoevanillatwilightLittleMissBANGoinkmeghan18LexIzuLuluEmilyLovesYourMomArtemisKatfishfoureyedninjaTayTitsrantalProudMaryLollifoxLauraYvetteilovesoftballKearamaraytaytaliaaminotwronggoblue88sydneygirl14savanahJennitaliaThanksForTheMemoriesMuscle_HamsterEccentricElephantsStage3_Unicornloveisallyouneedcheer4miarubienicoleChuckTomBub

tttoryRACCOONninja86Star_Fox_EliteSadieAlisonWeasleyBrookeBransonbabazad3hZanyZee123MiMi57troy2112Rebelrubbber_duckiestoastymuffinswankornStarlight_dragonAnthonyJoyStarSirCheekyBastard_DuckOnMyHead_CodayHolidayTMD_SamAlexCarlileThePillowhorsechickAlexuspericles4321Eli_BailsMikegaragebluesClaireBearRhettFrasersarahmayboored2tearsSarah_the_walrusSophie31KukuxumushudanandscottTygerGalmyanusisBLEEDINGMissUmbridgemel_missieKatelynHolleyrantanaInsertWittyUserNameamberbydreamspeaceofashleyLil_CruiselingyabbsktblidekwhattowriteSamanthaUnicorn

Nobody :(
Cheerleading should be considered a sport, amirite?

Cheerleading consists of dancing, stunting (lifting and throwing girls in the air), and tumbling (major part of gymnastics). You have to be physically fit and very flexible. It is really something you have to practice at. Competitive cheerleading is very intense and requires fitness and stamina. Only people that have not done it would say it is not a sport. Maybe you should read up on it and get the facts

aminotwrong

I think it already is.

SalientK

In response to “I think it already is.

yeah. i though so too. doesn't mean i think it should but. . .

Anonymous

In response to “I think it already is.

My school doesn't consider it a sport...so they have to fundraise for their uniforms and the coach is a volunteer I think...and they have to meet afterschool I think =/

incedio incedio

It's less of a sport than marching band. People in marching band actually have to have skill and a brain.

Star_Fox_Elite Star_Fox_Elite

In response to “It's less of a sport than marching band...

Dude. They're both sports. Marching band isn't any better than cheerleading.

oink oink

In response to “Dude. They're both sports. Marching band...

at least people in marching band actually have brains.

Star_Fox_Elite Star_Fox_Elite

In response to “at least people in marching band actually...

Two thirds of our cheerleading squad have straight A's and B's. <3

oink oink

In response to “Two thirds of our cheerleading squad have...

funny because all the cheerleaders I've seen are total **** and all the marching band members in competitions I've been in actual have friends.

Star_Fox_Elite Star_Fox_Elite

In response to “Cool.

yep. Peace and later.

Star_Fox_Elite Star_Fox_Elite

In response to “funny because all the cheerleaders I've seen...

thats **. im a cheerleader, not a , smart and i have a full scholarship to a university next year. so not all cheerleaders are stupid or ** thank you

Anonymous

In response to “thats ****. im a cheerleader, not a ****...

ya... My sister has a sports scholarship for marching band. She can't decide which school. And the best cheerleader in my schools division didn't get a cheerleading scholarship because she said cheerleading isn't a sport. That's a smart ****.

Star_Fox_Elite Star_Fox_Elite

i would bet you that 100% of the people at your school have a brain. Have you not taken health??

friendless :(

In response to “i would bet you that 100% of the people at...

people know what I mean

Star_Fox_Elite Star_Fox_Elite

are you kidding me????

Anonymous

In response to “are you kidding me????

marching band is just a band with less musical action and more physical (showmanship) action and same for cheerleading and gymnastics

ifoundashoe

So to be a sport, the players have to be smart? hmm... What about football then? Are all those dumb jocks not in a sport? (not to say that all football players are dumb, but alot are.)

chocolatecakeisbad chocolatecakeisbad

In response to “So to be a sport, the players have to be...

that's not what I'm saying ****. I'm just saying that at least people in marching band are smart and unslutty.

Star_Fox_Elite Star_Fox_Elite

I love how the general majority of people judge cheerleaders. You don't know half of the cheerleaders on the planet. Cheerleading is a sport, especially competition cheer, and if you say it's not a sport you've obviously never tried it.

Anonymous

In response to “I love how the general majority of people...

competition cheer is a sport. i will agree with you on that. cheerleading, as in high schoolers at a football game, is not a sport in the least.

SirCheekyBastard SirCheekyBastard

Anonymous

Marching band? If you compare it with cheerleading, cheer is definitely more of a sport. In marching band you can, say, get hit by a trombone swinging the wrong way. In cheer you can fall from spinning around - twice - after you've been thrown up 10 feet and have to wear a neck brace for months, like someone on my team.
I'd say cheer is a sport.

Anonymous

In response to “Marching band? If you compare it with...

so you define a sport by the possibilty of recieving an injury? that's really stupid.

SirCheekyBastard SirCheekyBastard

In response to “so you define a sport by the possibilty of...

No, because crossing the street would be a sport as well.
There's a lot of skill involved in cheer, you can't say there isn't. Anyone who doesn't believe it should go youtube a good routine.

Anonymous

In response to “No, because crossing the street would be a...

that good routine would be from a competition, no doubt. i believe competition cheer to be a sport

SirCheekyBastard SirCheekyBastard

In response to “that good routine would be from a...

i agree that it shouldnt be a sport the same way any band or dance or anyhting depending on preference to judge, im not even sure if id consider gymnastics a sport but its much more descise with its scorring so i can let it slide

ifoundashoe

Yeah, cheer leading is a sport, and I'm a Nigerian gold miner.

Coday Coday

When the entire team (squad, I guess...) complains about running ONE lap, then it's not a sport.

Chickeemeow

Dictionary dot com has several definitions of the word "sport">
I would pick definition number 6 for cheerleading and band: an object of derision; laughingstock.

IsaidWhat?

In response to “Dictionary dot com has several definitions of...

(IsaidWhat?): at least for cheerleading... band doesn't get laughed at a whole lot. in fact, they are often appreciated for being there while the teams don't look forward to the presence of cheerleaders...

Anonymous

sports require a ball(or puck), and offense, and a defense. cheerleading doesnt have any

Rachel

In response to “sports require a ball(or puck), and offense...

by the way. we never said it wasnt a really difficult competitive activity, we just said it wasnt a sport. dodgeballs a sport, but that doesnt make it difficult, and that works both ways

Rachel

LOL Cheerleaders don't have balls. hahahaha

Anonymous

id say they dont require any of those things but they do require 2 opposing teams directly affectiong the other through theyre play which is why cheerleading marching band an others wouldnt be a sport but ping pong dodgeball and rly any e-sport would be

ifoundashoe

What about track, or swimming?

chocolatecakeisbad chocolatecakeisbad

Yeah umm I'm a cheerleader I have never gotten anything lower then an A and have had a steady boyfriend for 3 years therefore I am not a ****! And we work our butts off to do things that you wouldn't even think about doing, and we do it gracefully!

jasmine:)

In response to “Yeah umm I'm a cheerleader I have never...

(jasmine:)): all cheerleaders arent dumb but plz dont even mention how theyre all smrt and vice versa, this goes for EVERYTHING from wrestling to a chess team

ifoundashoe

I think it's more aerobic than sport. As far as it being competitive then chess should be included in sport. Constantly using the arm and hand require coordination and strenth. :-P

BigBlurt

i think a sport is any activity with a physical benefit. you don't have to have brains, just braun. cheer/dance = sport. marching band = musical activity. =]

TayTits TayTits

In response to “i think a sport is any activity with a...

(Tay ****): Again any physical benefit would be an aerobic.
When there is a physical defense, blocking a point or crossing a goal, and the object is to win and you have get physical then it is a sport.
Horse riding or racing would be a recreational game whereas polo would be a sport.
I hope that made sense. :-|

BigBlurt

In response to “(Tay ****): Again any physical benefit would...

Would you consider Track and Feild to not be a sport either?

TayTits TayTits

In response to “Would you consider Track and Feild to not be...

(Tay ****): NOOOOOO! Track and field compete to a finish line, to see who can throw farther, jump higher!!!!!!!
They don't do it just to make fans woot and holler or just to stay fit.

BigBlurt

In response to “(Tay ****): NOOOOOO! Track and field compete...

(Tay ****): @77070 (BigBlurt): completely agree.

Anonymous

lol Yes.
Everybody Cheerleading is a sport. It's just dancing with pom-poms and a couple of cartwheels and flips thrown in and dancing is a sport so...all you people that voted no way it's funny cos your actually wrong.

Loliana

In response to “lol Yes. Everybody Cheerleading is a sport...

What's funny is even with all the logic posted here about it not being a sport you still think it is. LOL

Anonymous2

hate to break it to ya, but you just proved the whole "stupid" argument...

Anonymous

aminotwrong

In response to “Cheerleading consists of dancing, stunting...

(aminotwrong):LOL Competitive cheerleading is just a contest like having a bunch of tricked out cars lined up and getting a trophy for the best one.
Cheerleading a sport........hahahahahahahaha

BigBlurt

I think competitive cheer is a sport grouped with dance, and regular cheerleading is not a sport. I'm sure its very hard, and you have to be really athletic, but I have a hard time calling it a sport.

chocolatecakeisbad chocolatecakeisbad