froyocharlieiWeasleyItsATrapLikerawrrx3BaconnoisseurJokermashsilvershadow6its_meKirstenAnnSobriquetLittleRedyesnomaybefieldhockeychick77eaf5050kay_nic1695jessica23tagGryndStoneriteamiBlucattErythromaniaCrystalblue97StacytheHarlotGi_GiSanctuaryExileemilysoccer2clsconroyBandgeekeggsThatbitchBuddyCakesStarlight_dragonNikola_Goddamn_TeslaMusicIsAGiftLilithPrincessDaisyHarryPotter167BetterThanEzra1119REBEKKAHjdtscooterGeorgiePrincessMidgiezoegoesrawrtu_madrekyleighgingrichsb123ThymeAgainx2502manBballFoShoTrish

ToniBaloniShugahcoletteMaryBlacklightsAndQueensCatbaanedafterawhilemirandaamiriteHeyJud3Cocaia12912livelovemusic12SmoothiesCherryBlossomqwerty123blonde_zoepleasestandbyGiggityGoo22MadieSunRangaaa

Blucatt
Highschools make you pay way to much money, amirite?

It's probably worth it if you can learn how to use "too" correctly.

Anonymous

Anonymous

In response to “It's probably worth it if you can learn how...

Yeah, but the money tends not to go to english class. My school makes you pay 40 dollars for band and 40 for phys-ed, so I agree with that regardless that "too" wasn't spelt correctly.

Anonymous

In response to “Yeah, but the money tends not to go to...

spelled*
$40 sounds pretty reasonable for band. And that might be reasonable for P.E. if they actually allow you to use some high-grade facilities.

Shadi Shadi

In response to “spelled* $40 sounds pretty reasonable for...

(Chauncy Pickles): "spelled" is an active participle and "spelt" is passive, so in that sentence "spelt" would be right.

Anonymous

In response to “(Chauncy Pickles): "spelled" is an...

it's still spelled the same way. Get it?

Shadi Shadi

In response to “it's still spelled the same way. Get it?

(Chauncy Pickles): wow, you people are such grammer nazis. calm down

Anonymous

In response to “(Chauncy Pickles): wow, you people are such...

You calm down. Or should I say "Cawm" down, southerner! P.S., I am from the south.

Shadi Shadi

In response to “You calm down. Or should I say...

(Chauncy Pickles): haha I am calm, trust me I dont worry about what happens on amirite :P

Anonymous

In response to “(Chauncy Pickles): haha I am calm, trust me I...

(manly tee hee)!

Shadi Shadi

The British use "spelt." They also use "learnt."

BlacklightsAndQueens BlacklightsAndQueens

Almost all the money in my school goes to sports, especially any donations given, just a bunch of parents living vicariously through their sons (I go to an all guy school).

yesnomaybe yesnomaybe

For gr. 10, at a private school here it's R56 012 a year, a friend's is R45 420. I know of a public school that's R5 700 and one that's R11 400.
Homeschool for me this year was R11 870, which I was sponsored for since we can't afford it.
It's not fair that to get the best education (private school), you'd have to pay R3 000 - R5 000 a month. A lot of people earn less than that in total.

silvershadow6 silvershadow6

In response to “For gr. 10, at a private school here it's R56...

I have no idea what that means...

Mary Mary

In response to “I have no idea what that means...

I believe it goes that "R" is a monetary symbol, and the spaces are commas (or periods if you're from Europe).

In response to “I believe it goes that "R" is a...

I was kind of guessing that. But even with that knowledge I still don't know the equivalent values in USD.

Mary Mary

In response to “I was kind of guessing that. But even with...

One US dollar is equivalent to about 8.32 rand (South African).

In response to “Google.

I know, but I'm on my phone so it would be a pain.

Mary Mary

In response to “I know, but I'm on my phone so it would be a pain.

Oh, okay. Well basically I was saying that private schools are really expensive. R56 012 could be about the price of a standard car from the mid-2000s.
I think minimum wage is between R3 000 and R6000 a month, so those people would really struggle to pay school fees. To put that into perspective, a new Samsung Galaxy S3 is between R6 500 and R7 700. If you earn under a certain amount though, yearly school fees are only R100 - about the price of 2 large pizzas.

So much for diversity. Stuff everyone who downvoted me and upvoted the dollar posts.

silvershadow6 silvershadow6

The local high school only costs $9 a year and the lunch is free. There are some activities that make you pay a minimum of $2, and that's basically it.

ToniBaloni ToniBaloni

We aren't required to pay any money, as far as I know.

I know I'm not the first to say this, but bitchplease, I go to private school. One year's tuition alone is about $38,000.

ctiscooler ctiscooler

In response to “I know I'm not the first to say this, but...

Yeah, cuz it's private school and you chose to go there. Public schools are supposed to be for everyone, so the OP is saying that they shouldn't cost a shitton of money because not everyone has a shitton of money.

ThymeAgain ThymeAgain

My school requires us to pay a $10 fee for taking most of our classes. Marching band is about $75. We also pay for lockers and an instructional fee. Whatever that is...

Erythromania

I go to public school, anything you have to pay a fee for is optional and there is usually fundraising available. I fundraised a 4,000$ trip down to nothing.

afterawhile

Not if you go to public school.

rrw070193

At my public school you go for free basically...you have to pay for lunch & like a $10 lab few if you're in an advanced science class. Clubs are extra for the dues, though & our marching band costs $200 -_-

Anonymous

When I was in high school, one season for a sport cost $200, so people that played a fall, winter, and spring sport had to pay $600 a year. Parking permits also cost $100 a semester.

REBEKKAH

In response to “When I was in high school, one season for a...

You have to pay to park...? we only have around 100 people that drive so we don't have a parking permit

saxybandgeek saxybandgeek

In response to “You have to pay to park...? we only have...

Only 100?! Wow lol my class alone was more than triple that.

REBEKKAH

In response to “Only 100?! Wow lol my class alone was more...

My school has around 400 people. about 200 people old enough to drive and only about 100 who can afford a car

saxybandgeek saxybandgeek

I have to pay £30 so other people can do sport. -___-

Georgie Georgie

All the clubs cost between $10 and $20 and marching band is 150. But besides that, it's free. Lunch is free, Books are free, lockers are free..

saxybandgeek saxybandgeek

at my school, parking fees are 200$. to try out for a sport, you have to pay 150$ (you dont get the money back if you dont make the cut), plus the uniform (you dont get to keep it) and whatever spirit wear the coaches want their team to wear. cheer and dance is more expensive. its like 900$ to be a cheerleader. lunch is 2.50 and its crappy food. and you have to pay to take drivers ed. oh and did i mention its a public school?

gimme_sympathy