Mrs_Winchester96iloveyoubuddyred23amberlee17ClaireTheBozoMarlinDBNOwaterpaynetingILYCelineDistinctionsultispyflamingosruleTurtleTakeOverSam_iliketacossrazorsoftcraptacularNoogieboogieFlyingGuineaPiggananaspeblemasterTawnyRaepotatochipsmorganiooKatffroBossmanThisChickarmtheangelsAngelic_dudesydthekidWhaddaPhoolovemrhatandclogsPot_headDaleksInWonderlandGod_SuperFastJellyFishPedestrianskmxx1996Devlan27InsanePPGPedo_Caterica_hodgsonMusicIsMySaviorKatzemyaoAllalooits_meKayla_Loves_YoufifthfogelAmish_AllosaurusKristen

natalieg10Snap_Crackle_PopRysiaxl5150StephanieIsMeAssua_Nephilim_whatwhatincognitoCleverVegan_GryffnDorkumamaniquacazhaztoezDragonTicklee

Meggo123DeathbubbleSuperFastJellyFishBig_BossI_Predict_A_RiotDemonturkymusicloverbruenette1296
It's stupid that in elementary school they had to cancel our Halloween parties and parades, because the new transfer kids "didn't believe in it" and thought it was "against their religion". If you come to American, you don't have to believe in our traditions, but you should at least respect them and not try to take them away from us. Amirite?

If you come to American?

WhaddaPhoo WhaddaPhoo

If you come to American?

WhaddaPhoo WhaddaPhoo

In response to “If you come to American?

They no speak Americano..

Anonymous

My bad,sorry.

Mrs_Winchester96 Mrs_Winchester96 OP

*America

Anonymous

In response to “*America

Typo,sorry.

Mrs_Winchester96 Mrs_Winchester96 OP

My parents actually don't let us celebrate halloween, and it's not because of our religion but because of what they believe in. So I was always (and still am) one of those kids who felt left out because I wasn't allowed to go to the parties or parades.

Snap_Crackle_Pop Snap_Crackle_Pop

In response to “My parents actually don't let us celebrate...

But did you/your parents try to stop other kids from celebrating it?

Katffro Katffro

In response to “No.

That's what OP is complaining about.
Other people try to stop America's traditions, like Halloween and "Christmas" brunches.

Katffro Katffro

Why don't they believe in Halloween? Just curious.

Anonymous

In response to “Why don't they believe in Halloween? Just curious.

They think it's just a holiday for people to poison candy and snatch kids up.

Snap_Crackle_Pop Snap_Crackle_Pop

In response to “They think it's just a holiday for people to...

Its hundreds of years old, It started as a harvest celebration. I get into the harvesty spirit, and its fun. I like to dress up. You can google the history of it, if you are interested. Halloween can be celebrated by ways other than trick-or-treating if thats just what your parents were worried about (the creepers)

renegade

Some Christians believe Halloween is the Devils holiday.

dude

That never even happened to me, but it makes me so outraged I voted YYA anyway!

Anonymous

I have never seen something like this happen. I live in Canada and people of all cultures LOVE celebrating halloween and christmas here. I guess that's why America sucks.

Assua Assua

In response to “I have never seen something like this happen...

It's not as if this is something common in the United States

chris9

In response to “It's not as if this is something common in...

Then this person shouldn't generalise that people of other cultures are against certain holidays. Also, America never was a Christian country or a white country. It belonged to First Nations, everyone in here no matter when were immigrants. If some of you are so patriotic then at least read Thomas Paine's "Common Sense" and "Rights of Man" then you can talk.

Assua Assua

In response to “Then this person shouldn't generalise that...

Immigrant
–noun
1.a person who migrates to another country, usually for permanent residence.

So, I was born in the United Sates, how am I an immigrant?

Anonymous

In response to “Immigrant –noun 1.a person who...

You completely missed out on what my point was, this is the typical ignorant behaviour of many. I really don't think I need to waste any more of my time on you.

Assua Assua

Does it hurt?

L33t

In response to “Does it hurt?

Hurt? Hurt what? Elaborate more on your comments next time.

Assua Assua

In response to “Hurt? Hurt what? Elaborate more on your...

Walking around with that stick up your ****. It must hurt.

L33t

In response to “Walking around with that stick up your ****...

you are such a bright individual, your mother must be proud.Oh wait she probably never achieved anything either. All you guys do is discriminate and shit in toilets or behind bushes (if you live in a trailer). Have a good life...nevermind...things like you don't have anything good in them.

Assua Assua

What are you talking about? It's not a generalization, it's fact. People from certain cultures simply DO NOT celebrate certain holidays celebrated in the U.S. That's actually the very definition of culture: that we are all different and do and celebrate different things.
Plus, how can she be "generalizing" if it really happened?

And Halloween isn't a Christian holiday. Nor is it a "white" holiday. Just sayin'.

p.s. I *have* read "Common Sense", so I can talk.

An American, yo.

Thomas Paine is not THE American authority, & just because you read a bit of his literature doesn't mean you should go around being an **** and thinking that that makes you better that everyone else.

Anonymous

this happens all the time in Canada... what are YOU talking about?

Andromeda Andromeda

Hmm... You sound pretty ignorant. But since you seem to like generalizations, Mr. Canada, anyone in the world would pick Canada as last on their list of "countries I love." PS- Canada sucks ;)

Sickof ignorance(...

In response to “Hmm... You sound pretty ignorant. But since...

(Sickof ignorance(...): Heeeyyy, I like Canada :( Can't we all just get along?

Anonymous

In elementary school, kids got in trouble for TALKING ABOUT Halloween, because our batshit crazy principal was worried about "offending" other kids.

You know what really bugs me? At the same elementary school, we always had a big celebration/performance for Cinco de Mayo. WTH? That's not even an American holiday! And we couldn't TALK about Halloween...

sansa sansa

In response to “In elementary school, kids got in trouble for...

http://www.amirite.net/357734/697675

This basically sums up what America is turning into in our need to be "politically correct."

Anonymous

Lmfaooo "American"
Also I think you mean the United States. Unless you're talking about North and South america.

Anonymous

In response to “Lmfaooo "American" Also I think you...

United States of AMERICA. We can just say the us...or america. you know what they're talking about. If we are talking about either continent, we'll say north or south america. not just america. its so freakin obvious when someone says america that they're talking about the country.

dude

We get yelled at for singing Christmas carols, or hanging up pictures of Santa or Christmas trees because of "religious discrimination". Seriously. That's what they said. We weren't even allowed to eat candy canes.
BUT, teachers were allowed to hang up Menorahs. I wouldn't've had a problem with that if we didn't get yelled at for Christmas.
And ONE person complained about something being called "lunch with Santa", so they changed it to "holiday lunch". Boring :/ The person whose mom complained got sent to a CATHOLIC school, so I don't even...

Katffro Katffro

My parents never let me celebrate Halloween, bit they just made me skip school that day. So agreed, BUT you should also respect their opinions.

Pug

Anonymous

In response to “Why?

why i cant celebrate it? because my parents are really Conservative Russian. [like wear a skirt everyday type]
ever sense they came to america they started to accept society more, but still dont let some traditions go.

Pug

No offense, but God forbid we should go to their countries and try to cancel their traditions. Sorry, no Cinco de Mayo or Boxing Day, I feel left out.

StacytheHarlot StacytheHarlot

I'm Muslim, so I really don't celebrate a lot of those and my school is full of Muslims too but that has never happened at our school. We respect the holidays (in fact sometimes jealous!) but we would never go to a point to make it canceled. It doesn't even offend us. We don't care lol. Just like how some people ask, o is it ok if we eat pork in front of you? We really don't care!

spoo26

In response to “I'm Muslim, so I really don't celebrate a lot...

Did you notice how it's them who are being racists...ignore useless people. They are the reason why this world is suffering.

Assua Assua

Don't **** with American.

SillyBanana SillyBanana

In response to “Don't **** with American.

Yeah,that was an epic fail on my part. :)

Mrs_Winchester96 Mrs_Winchester96 OP

Some people that dont believe in halloween are US citizens, Jehovah witnesses wont do any holliday.

renegade