ZeerustKatTKDEncore93fuster_cluckTruttaceousTemulencethe_fresh_princePaigeDevilishEggcheshire_catBossmanpokerface111coletteAtheisticMysticVictoryAACsamiisawesomeArneGoeteynMusicianOfExtremeshattrick36middleseisLillieDemonturkylivelovemusic12TurtleWinniethePoohWynautNick12092pika_kesSuzywaoMaryKateBurnettAsteriskiMarylilalakaydenMj1996That_Tall_ChikHopeImriteImpolitePedo_CatLegalAlienpeace_love_happinessbailey143DragonTickleeHullabalooyeahithoughtsoSnobbyDrugAddictwhisperedtouchesx2502manCoffeebreakRealitySeptember128

OnePenguinMarlinDBNOwaterpaynetingKalopsiaeldoritoJavviefieldhockeychick77melisophoclesCuban_BAllyKatLuserooHayleyTirelesslobsterDeathkittenEmmanesslymonica_is_WJLLrewindthissongemilysoccer2mmadalynnMusicalXMollyVitaeCourage_WolfSpearmintMilk

rubienicole
The government needs to stop controlling our eating habits. I mean, in San Francisco, banning the toys fast food places give out is rediculous, amirite?

lol. "rediculous"

Shugah Shugah

I made my parents buy the Happy Meals just for the toys.
But most of the times, I didn't finish my meal. (I was a skinny kid at the time)

OnePenguin OnePenguin

I say it's a good thing. Fast food is bad for you and little kids shouldn't be eating it.

eldorito

In response to “I say it's a good thing. Fast food is bad...

But it's not the government's right to overstep their boundaries to control that. I mean, why not let them shut down every restaurant that serves unhealthy food since you're so worried about public health?

Anonymous

In response to “But it's not the government's right to...

If parents can't feed their children right, then the government needs to intervene.

eldorito

lol. "rediculous"

Shugah Shugah

Not being able to spell "ridiculous" is ridiculous.

MissAwesomeness MissAwesomeness

In NYC, no restaurants are aloud to sell food with trans fat. they are also required to show the calorie counts for all the menu items in a food chain. I like it.

Anonymous

Anonymous

It's not ridiculous at all. They banned happy meal toys because kid's would buy happy meals (ie. unhealthy food) just for the toys, which leads to obese children. You can still buy the toys for additional charge with the purchase of a happy meal. So know the whole story before you make judgements like that!

fareehababyg fareehababyg

In response to “It's not ridiculous at all. They banned happy...

It isnt completely the redtsurant's fault though, it's the parents' fault for taking their kids there all the time. Fast food (and the toys that come with kids meals) is fine as a treat every once and awhile as long as you dont eat it all the time

kayla_nicole

In response to “It isnt completely the redtsurant's fault...

But then there are children who pester their parents into buying them a happy meal in order to get these toys and collect them all. This regulation was instated in order to stop restaurants from luring kids into buying their meals with happy toys

fareehababyg fareehababyg

In response to “But then there are children who pester their...

I don't follow your logic. If the kids only cared about the toys, then parents can just take them to the toy store. If kids are becoming overweight, then the parents can decide to stop buying them hamburgers and French fries--the toy has nothing to do with it.

The government had no place in any of this. They shouldn't be allowed to control a perfectly harmless business practice just because some parents are apparently out of control of their kids.

Anonymous

Then parents shouldnt give into their kids and learn to control them

kayla_nicole

In response to “Then parents shouldnt give into their kids...

There's a reason why restaurants include toys to happy meals, which is to lure children into buying the happy meals. This regulation was insisted on the basis that it was unfair to try and manipulate children's choices as they don't know any better. I agree that parents should control their children but they're obviously giving in to their demands too easily. And clearly the method of including toys with happy meals is working, otherwise San Francisco wouldn't find the need to band them. They made this decision to protect the children of San Francisco.

fareehababyg fareehababyg