karlipawlakwotcherflywaffleloveLoveLove77clarinet_artistaCocacola319tshah520enchanting7yeahbabySylverMoonJennaGeeimalwaysright2B_DiddybluericechanceystacilovesyougarimapPosterThattorichickiliketacossteeheeSpelingChampienEduardVonBockMeredithIAteYourDinosaurChelseaPirateNiggletI_Predict_A_Riotmiddleseistmt890maxherolee615Friday_Night_LightsUnicornsMakeMeSmileAuroraCityTheThinktressorangesocksImWithCocopeblemasterkellbellsLifeSuxThenYouDieslytherinangeliWeasleyAstraphobiailikecheese2001sarahfsansaJustBeingMarydiff3r3ntfighterLoveIsTheMovementsosmile

aperfectsonnetrrw070193MrRiteTaterPiggyCharlesTGNormaagent_eclaireStaceysDadpolarthebearportraitofyoungbiondelloduckshirtEd_ballandbiscuit333MobyRichardChronoDannieBoatsandHoesJennitaliaThe_EnlightenedTheGrammaratordonpatchConnorNoonananything_chocolatehaggerty430exmliaerTwinkleToesrewindthissongpineapplepersonsosokatjenferisjapaneez

2cool2barkeinahpets321
You find it really alarming that of all the American presidents, not one had over a C average, amirite?

Except that this isn't even a little true.

BreakfastFan BreakfastFan

It's really not that surprising. People become president based on connections and money. How long they've been in politics is a factor, but its not more important than connections.

rrw070193

In response to “It's really not that surprising. People...

True, but I would think that they would've had to be smart in school too, you know? I guess that's life!

karlipawlak karlipawlak OP

Not alarming if this is true (I'm too lazy to verify this right now). Even if it is, there's a lot more that goes into being a good leader than a GPA.

MrRite MrRite

In response to “Not alarming if this is true (I'm too lazy to...

Yeah, but wouldn't you want someone intelligent as well? Especially if it's a subject like history?
But I guess the president doesn't have to be book smart.

karlipawlak karlipawlak OP

In response to “Yeah, but wouldn't you want someone...

Indeed, intelligence is a bonus, but I believe a leader must first be determined and have his people's best interest in mind long before we need to start worrying just how book smart they are. I'd much rather have a leader who was of average intelligence who was gonna make sure that the right things are happening with his/her country (e.g. tax dollars aren't going where they shouldn't, our troops aren't being sent off to an unjust war etc) than one with an A+ average who would mostly use their power to suit their own ends, as people in power unfortunately tend to do.

MrRite MrRite

In response to “Indeed, intelligence is a bonus, but I...

I agree 100 percent with you, I was just shocked when I first heard this.

karlipawlak karlipawlak OP

Just because they are smart doesn't necessarily mean that they wouldn't look out for the poeple best interests. I don't see how being smart makes you less of a nice person.

Anonymous

In response to “Just because they are smart doesn't...

That's not what I said at all. I said that there are other things about a potential leader that need to be prioritized above book smarts. That's it.

MrRite MrRite

I'm pretty sure the grades were stricter back then. So their C is like our.. A. xD

Etherial

In response to “I'm pretty sure the grades were stricter back...

Its actually the other way around at least in college and private highschools. I wouldn't know about public highschools though, cause all the ones in my city are terrible.

HopeImrite HopeImrite

wasn't Bill Clinton a rhodes scholar?

Lkun Lkun

In response to “wasn't Bill Clinton a rhodes scholar?

yeah, so even if he had a C average, he was incredibly intelligent

Linds Linds

In response to “yeah, so even if he had a C average, he was...

You can't be a Rhodes Scholar if you have a C average. So either Clinton completely made it up and no one ever thought to check or he had above a C average

soccerfan soccerfan

In response to “You can't be a Rhodes Scholar if you have a C...

Then he didnt have a C average. We talked about him being a Rhodes scholar in my government class.
http://www.whitehouse.gov/about...illiamjclinton
its on there too.

Linds Linds

I'll believe this when the OP cites their source. Some presidents went to IVY League schools so theoretically they would have had to be honors students to get in.

Red Red

In response to “I'll believe this when the OP cites their...

I got it from jstor.
And they didn't really need good grades necessarily to go to an ivy league school.

karlipawlak karlipawlak OP

In response to “I got it from jstor. And they didn't really...

... Yes you do. How else would you get in?

Anonymous

In response to “... Yes you do. How else would you get in?

Connections and a lot of cash

Anonymous

"they didn't really need good grades necessarily to go to an ivy league school." YOU. ARE. A. RETARD.

polarthebear polarthebear

I want to see the link because I find this gross misinformation is very disconcerting.

soccerfan soccerfan

I highly doubt this, because like above says, some went to Ivy League. And you can't say they didn't need good grades to get in there. They take the best of the best, not just anyone who comes along.

Tater Tater

Not true

Anonymous

BreakfastFan BreakfastFan

In response to “Except that this isn't even a little true.

Yeah, I was getting slightly worried for a moment.

I_Predict_A_Riot I_Predict_A_Riot

yep. most people at Columbia (Obama) and Yale (Bush Jr.) are dumb as shit.

Anonymous

In response to “yep. most people at Columbia (Obama) and Yale...

Bush jr. paid his way into Yale

Anonymous

In response to “Bush jr. paid his way into Yale

You can't pay your way into Yale. No matter how rich you are, they still have to at least accept you based on merit.

duckshirt duckshirt

Would you mind posting your source? It's pretty hard to get into great colleges with a C average, even if you do have money.

Anonymous

If George Bush can get into Harvard, then most presidents were geniuses. You're a gullible retard who's spreading retarded shit to other gullible retards.

polarthebear polarthebear

Clinton was a Rhodes scholar, Obama transferred into Columbia with no connections, meaning he must have done well to get in as a transfer at his previous college; he went on to Harvard Law, requires some high grades too.

Anonymous

This is a lie, anybody who votes yya to this post is just stupid.

soccerfan soccerfan

For everyone who is flipping shit: I got it from my uncle who read it on jstor.
And it might be possible it was written before Clinton was president, I don't know. If you disagree with this post, then don't **** comment on it and move on with your lives instead of wasting your energy.

karlipawlak karlipawlak OP

In response to “For everyone who is flipping shit: I got it...

"I don't know. If you disagree with this post, then don't **** comment on it and move on with your lives instead of wasting your energy."

Nah, I'm really concerned that people will read this post and go on with life thinking it's true.

Anonymous

B B B B BENNY AND THE JETS!

Myhipusername Myhipusername

In response to “B B B B BENNY AND THE JETS!

Yeah!

karlipawlak karlipawlak OP

this is absolutely not true

jas0530

I'm sorry for voting no way to this, I really am, but this just doesn't surprise me at all.

exmliaer

ohh. but then how did obama get into harvard.......

Anonymous

Not true at all. Bill Clinton went to Yale. Do you really think he got into Yale with a C average?

Faye-la

I guess it sucks to be them!

karlipawlak karlipawlak OP

(Faye-la): Sure.

karlipawlak karlipawlak OP

People get into good colleges with money and class a lot of the time, not necessarily because they have A grades. If you think that, then you are very naive.

karlipawlak karlipawlak OP

In response to “People get into good colleges with money and...

I think it's somewhat safe to assume that to get into a top college, you need good grades. Money just helps.

Anonymous