Beast7200Irish_WolffSobriquetSun_Mike_CamerbammerdorkypantsFilthyMudBloodmariahrox153shoshanaRaja82RarefindProsopagnosiai_am_boreeeedChKaChNoodleArmsawesomepersonmooniecakesSoyChelseaMirandaRaeFlyingPandapeace_love_happinessLittleRedbroi_dont_eat_humansPercyTambourinestmadibMissAutumnFallstacym25LookingForMargofroyocharliejilllovesparamoreSpelingChampienjill102autumnleavessJennaGeeoooshleyyilovecanadasparesecondsMonkeySlpy4GlambertGleekMrsxBillxKaulitztheprincesszeeorangesocksKristenLove_Peace_MagiicPaigachuDefyingIndecisionohmythatsawkward

sassafrass038BrettkenzawinsSchrodingersCatender_hannahTiraLoveistheansweritstiffanyyoShanLovesStuffMrScottPilgrimConnorNoonanFuzzyJustaguesswittynamehereMegantheAcrobatDaniella_CaliforniajuliachavezsansaPugSam1721KoozieRayBabyMadstheultraraptorLovelyLadyBonesinbarthelittlethingshiimritetheplaymakercaitling11RowenaRavenclawcanadianigloosimthejuggernautbitchAntiJokeChickenHoney_is_sweetnatalieg10CatManAmberLou

JoyStaramiriteousinbarohmythatsawkwardzoegoesrawrpinkbubbles192MsVerbalVomitAhuvaSpiegelPsuedonym02CatManLuv2golf42897FavvkesStripedElfSocksbforbananaIrish_Wolff
Every good song has one dumb line: Firework-"Do you ever feel like a plastic bag?", Grenade-"Your eyes were open, why were they open?", amirite?

Good songs? Really? I feel sorry for you.

ÅÆØ

Grenade (still): I'd jump in front of a train for you.

Sun Sun

In response to “Grenade (still): I'd jump in front of a train...

Isn't that part of the chorus?

awesomeguy

The line where he says "mad women, bad women" makes me laugh. it's a dumb line to start out with but the way he says it is just kind of hilarious.

iwearfiestapants iwearfiestapants

In response to “The line where he says "mad women, bad...

Yeah, and the rhythm of it is awkward, adding it to the humor

Sun Sun

Yea I kiss with my eyes open, doesn't meant that I'll cut the brakes out of someones car or watch while they burn down in flames lol

soberlikekesha soberlikekesha

In response to “Yea I kiss with my eyes open, doesn't meant...

Eww....don't kiss with your eyes open. That's awkward.

Anonymous

In response to “Eww....don't kiss with your eyes open. That's...

Eh me and my girlfriend both do it. We like to look into each other's eyes while kissing lol. I suppose it could be awkward for other couples though.

soberlikekesha soberlikekesha

In response to “Eh me and my girlfriend both do it. We like...

Hahaha. It would be! If I watch the person who I'm kissing they always look stupid to me, as I'm sure I do to them. I can't stand it!

Anonymous

Apparently if you kiss with your eyes open, it's not true love, old superstition, but that's why he sings it.

el_scorcho

But...then they're face is all squashed up against yours and its just way to close. blech.

BeedleTheBard BeedleTheBard

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yfpPpu7bik

The line from Katy Perry always makes me think of American Beauty.

SoyChelsea SoyChelsea

In response to “http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yfpPpu7bik The...

That's exactly what I think of when I hear that line!

ender ender

My English teacher showed me this clip in class on Tuesday, and I thought of the same clip when I read the post :D

guidetolife guidetolife

ÅÆØ

In response to “Good songs? Really? I feel sorry for you.

(ÅÆØ): personally, i dont like firework, but its popular

Beast7200 OP

(ÅÆØ): True that. While this post is true, songs by Katy Perry et al are dumb and cheesy on every single line.

duckshirt duckshirt

This isn't a good song, but Dynamite.
"I told you once, now I told you twice."
That is such a stupid line in an even worse song.

Katffro Katffro

Good song? -_-

Anonymous

It's funny because to know her eyes were open, HIS eyes had to be open. lolololol.

And me and my boyfriend are comfortable enough with eachother to kiss with our eyes open. It's actually kinda nice. :)

MeganIsNotMegan

Those aren't good songs at all

Justaguess

Nope, most actually good songs are good all the way through. This post might be more true for most *popular* songs, though. :P

not logged in lol

Or how about Eeenie Meenie? It's not really a good song (because of Justin Bieber) but Sean Kingston's opening line is "she's indecisive, she can't decide".

stoneonthewater

In response to “Or how about Eeenie Meenie? It's not really a...

I ALWAYS roll my eyes at that line haha. I'm like "well that's repetitive." :/

thatsnotmyname

I HATE GRENADE! It is the WORST SONG EVER! Bruno Mars SUCKS!
Just the Way You Are would have sucked less if its ending was better and it wasnt sung by Bruno Mars.

loverat222

It's funny to be annoyed at Dynamite, Grenade, and Firework, I mean, look at the names... and I like Grenade, despite the awkward lines, It's a good song without too much instrumentation on the computer

Anonymous

those are not good songs, to start with.

Pug

What you don't include, is that in Firework by Katy Perry, the full line is "Do you ever feel, like a plastic bag, drifting through the wind, wanting to start again". That does have some meaning. It means you want to start over and try to have another shot.

theultraraptor theultraraptor

In response to “What you don't include, is that in Firework...

but why "plastic bag"? i really don't get it.

blow

In response to “but why "plastic bag"? i really don't...

I don't think its about the object itself. I think its more about someone feeling helpless and wishing they could start over.

theultraraptor theultraraptor

Its a metaphor

OFWGKTA OFWGKTA

I always thought it had a lot of meaning. I think the plastic bag had been abandoned or lost and would continued floating in the wind until someone picked it up. Kind of like people.

midnightcookies midnightcookies

When a girl opens her eyes when their kissing, it means she doesn't trust him. That's why in Grenade he says that...

Duh

I voted no, because those aren't examples of good songs.

caitling11 caitling11

The line in My Chick Bad where he says "body lookin' like milk" gets me everytime!

Anonymous

It's a terrible song, but T-Pain's song Bartender:
"She made us us drinks to drink, we drunk them"
Well, thanks for the info bro.

Anonymous

In response to “It's a terrible song, but T-Pain's song...

Got drunk.

Someone had to say it.

Sean Sean

You call those good songs? -.-

AntiJokeChicken AntiJokeChicken

i love grenade. i hate firework.

the lines in grenade is not bad at all. there are much worse lines like 'plastic bag',..

blow