f1aw1355vic70ryMoonfang66justdreamkenzawinsKingCrobatlittlewonderTirarrw070193bunnygal268NoodleArmsEmbezzlementJardenAdmiral_BeenaAmerTayFlipFlopsAndSocksLostmanxxiliketurtlesxxpikabeauitsjustraeshyn12I_Hate_UnderscoresWeekend_WarriorDaleksInWonderlandBrianHSandyH0ngItallstartedthenightiwasbornsmorgasboardglowrainbowrockSimbaCastleSkylesjeeeersoMIDNIGHTANGELyesnomaybepeace_love_happinesslucichCourage_WolfpeblemasterhaleyhsfIsItBetterYetKoa_Kaineblackbear6193BrittanyLavignePuroboricua13OffbeatToasterbellowsinsacheltrueshimmerchapstickitstotallybeaNacklefoodleTheHater

TYPOOnebadWhiteKidNonymous_ApantherfanaticwobbuffetRebelfangirl12bwarner650ilivesmileloveCatManrachaelllx3OMFGProsopagnosiaJohnPlaysGuitarShortstopmwdKluklayuSlendermanaaaaVepixheetheboboPeppergirl14AyAmRightA_RockNajiaIgnitionx4everxlove101KristensonickemetSqwanchobccheerchick94RoonilWazlibWhoIsSierractiscoolerJennlovesmcrWoobSoupMadison_Jelly_JarGeorginaliceBonslyGuyBardagiawesomepersonMashedBananaBeedleTheBardFitzkriegashnicoleluvsblgannikaroseeits_mehomosexualpumpkinsSobriquet

Moonfang66Weekend_Warriorevan123
Agnosticism is the most logical religion, amirite?

Someone just wanted to argue ^^

Tira Tira

Haha as an Agnostic I agree it's the most logical (I may be a tiny bit bias) but it's not a religion.

SpearmintMilk SpearmintMilk

In response to “Haha as an Agnostic I agree it's the most...

It's a belief so I count it and I am too.

f1aw1355vic70ry f1aw1355vic70ry OP

In response to “It's a belief so I count it and I am too.

Yeah just having a belief doesn't make it a religion because it doesn't fit the definition, kinda like how Atheists share a belief that there is no god(s) doesn't make Atheism a religion. But like I said in my mind it's the most logical belief.

SpearmintMilk SpearmintMilk

Someone just wanted to argue ^^

Tira Tira

ISLAM

PastorTerryJones

Technically if you want logic you would be an atheist, because a god in general is not logical.

pownagemaster pownagemaster

In response to “Technically if you want logic you would be an...

Not to you, but I think the existence of a god is perfectly logical. Besides, there really is a way to find logic in pretty much any religious belief.

Sobriquet

Actually by definition god is logical, since he is an omniscient being. Even the word logos used to refer to god is stemmed from logic.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logos

Alpha_Descartes Alpha_Descartes

In response to “Actually by definition god is logical, since...

So it's logical to think that there is an all-powerful guy in the sky but not the big bang? A god is illogical and goes against every normal thing in life.

pownagemaster pownagemaster

Assuming that it counts as a religion, I wouldn't say so. I would say that atheism is the most logical religion (even though it's not a religion). There's no evidence for a God, so logically, one shouldn't assume. I do see where you're coming from, though.

JohnPlaysGuitar JohnPlaysGuitar

In response to “Assuming that it counts as a religion, I...

There is no evidence that there isn't a god, so logically, one should't assume.

You see? Your logic could be applied to both sides. That's why agnosticism is the most logical.

pikabeau pikabeau

In response to “There is no evidence that there isn't a god...

Lol no.
There's no evidence that there isn't a microscopic magical unicorn inhabiting one of Jupiter's moons. That doesn't mean it's likely to exist. Likewise for God; there's no proof that he exists and therefore it's not logical to assume he does.

wobbuffet wobbuffet

In response to “Lol no. There's no evidence that there isn't...

I never said it was likely that God exists, I just think we can't prove whether or not he does exist. If you've never been to Jupiter all you can say is that you don't know what lives on it's moons.

pikabeau pikabeau

In response to “I never said it was likely that God exists, I...

We can't prove it one way or another, but that doesn't mean that the two outcomes are equally likely. We can say that a unicorn on Jupiter's moon probably does not exist, because it would betray all laws of physics. God is just as unlikely as that unicorn. You can't prove he doesn't exist, but that doesn't mean there's a good chance that he does exist.

This post asks about the most logical belief system. You can have faith in God but your belief isn't backed by logic.

wobbuffet wobbuffet

In response to “We can't prove it one way or another, but...

I also never said that they are equally valid. There will always be one outcome more likely. There is not a good chance that God exists, but we still don't know if he exists.

pikabeau pikabeau

In response to “I also never said that they are equally...

Sure, I can agree with that.

wobbuffet wobbuffet

That doesn't mean belief in a god is totally illogical.

Sobriquet

Yes, but evolution isn't a satisfactory answer for all. For me, saying we got here by some impropable chain of events drives me crazy

Anonymous

In response to “Yes, but evolution isn't a satisfactory...

Well, considering how absolutely vast the universe is, it was bound to happen.

pownagemaster pownagemaster

In response to “Well, considering how absolutely vast the...

Bound to happen? An empty universe was bound to create a highly complex world in which I'm told atoms and cells think for themselves and evolve? Yeah okay...

Anonymous

God has not left any physicals signs or evidence of his existence. The only signs that people say he left are just that: things they say. The most believed "evidence" of God's existence is a 2000+ year old book, and most of the things in that book was for socio-economic reasons.

JohnPlaysGuitar JohnPlaysGuitar

In response to “God has not left any physicals signs or...

I already said that there is no proof that he does exist. Lack of proof for A is not proof for B. There is no proof he doesn't exist, but I don't use that to believe in him. I use the fact that neither side has proof to assume that we do not know which side is true. That is the basis of being agnostic.

pikabeau pikabeau

In response to “I already said that there is no proof that he...

But it does mean that it is less likely that God (well, the Christian God at least) exists. I'm not trying to prove that God doesn't exist, I'm just trying to point out that it is MORE LIKELY he doesn't exist.

JohnPlaysGuitar JohnPlaysGuitar

In response to “But it does mean that it is less likely that...

As far as science goes, yes, it is likely that there is no god. But science -the very basic study of the way we think the world works- is a manmade concept. It's hard to explain, but it is. So really, if you think about it, it's pretty much a 50/50 chance that a god exists.

Sobriquet

I know it's more likely, but we still don't really know. You don't seem to get that. No matter how likely each thing is, no one knows for sure which is true.

pikabeau pikabeau

Prove to me that God doesn't exist. It makes no sense that everything came from nothingness. Big Bang Theory makes no sense whatsoever.

homosexualpumpkins

In response to “Prove to me that God doesn't exist. It makes...

If you don't believe the universe came from nowhere, you then have to ask, where did God come from?

wobbuffet wobbuffet

In response to “If you don't believe the universe came from...

I don't know, so I don't push my believes on others like many people here do. Since I don't know, I won't put anything I say as fact.

homosexualpumpkins

In response to “I don't know, so I don't push my believes on...

No one's pushed anything yet, but okay.

wobbuffet wobbuffet

In response to “No one's pushed anything yet, but okay.

That's not exactly true. This site is ruled by atheists, who are hellbent on letting religious people know that they think we're ridiculous. You don't even have to "shove your bepiefs down someone's throat" to be attacked by an atheist.

Sobriquet

In response to “That's not exactly true. This site is ruled...

Okay, but no one's pushed anything in this comment thread.

wobbuffet wobbuffet

In response to “Okay, but no one's pushed anything in this...

You're not ridiculed for being black, but that doesn't mean it's never happened.

Anonymous

In response to “You're not ridiculed for being black, but...

I love you anon

wobbuffet wobbuffet

How can an atheist be "hellbent" on anything?

pikabeau pikabeau

In response to “How can an atheist be "hellbent" on...

Hell bent means determined. So, I'm saying they're determined to do that. I'm not sure where the term came from, though.

Sobriquet

In response to “Hell bent means determined. So, I'm saying...

This post isn't pro atheism. It's quite the opposite. No atheist is attacking your beliefs. This post is attacking both theism and atheism.

pikabeau pikabeau

In response to “This post isn't pro atheism. It's quite the...

That's very true (except I wouldn't exactly categorize this post as "attacking" anything), but I was more replying to what someone said than talking about this post specifically.

Sobriquet

Sobriquet

In response to “That's very true (except I wouldn't exactly...

Why do you feel the need to generalize all atheist? Not everyone is gonna call you stupid for believing differently than they do. I don't generalize all people of faith.

pikabeau pikabeau

In response to “Why do you feel the need to generalize all...

That's nice, but the only reason I generalize atheists is because I have never ever in my life met or spoken to an atheist that didn't bash my religion, or tell me it was illogical, or something of the like. Just as if WBC were the only Christians you'd ever met, you'd think all Christians were insane, or radical.

Sobriquet

In response to “That's nice, but the only reason I generalize...

So you know it's wrong to base your assumptions on the actions of a few, but you do it anyway? Obviously all Christians aren't like the WBC, just like all atheists won't go off on you for being a Christian.

pikabeau pikabeau

In response to “So you know it's wrong to base your...

Again, until I hear of an atheist that doesn't go off on me for being a Christian, I will assume they are all that way.

Sobriquet

In response to “Again, until I hear of an atheist that...

Living in a small southern town, I have never personally met a Christian who wasn't totally homophobic or who doesn't go around drinking, partying and having **** everyweekend while going to church every Sunday. Is it okay to assume all Christians are like this?

pikabeau pikabeau

In response to “Living in a small southern town, I have never...

It makes perfect sense to assume that if they're the only ones you've met. But I know that they're not the only ones you've spoken to. There are plenty of Christians on this site, who I'm sure you've spoken to from time to time, that aren't that way. That's my point. I was even counting people on this site when I generalized atheists.

Sobriquet

In response to “It makes perfect sense to assume that if...

I've met atheists on this site who don't do that. You only notice the bad atheists. The good ones don't bother saying anything negative so you probably just assume that they're Christians.

pikabeau pikabeau

People are speaking their points, just as you are. If you call that "bashing", then you are an idiot.

pownagemaster pownagemaster

In response to “People are speaking their points, just as you...

What...? I'm not talking about just this post, and I'm pretty sure you weren't there for every conversation I've ever had with an atheist, smartass.

Sobriquet

In response to “What...? I'm not talking about just this...

I think I called your beliefs "stupid" once, so I feel the need to clarify. Most atheists don't think Christianity as a whole is stupid. There are lessons of love and tolerance that we could all learn from. However, there are parts that people just use to spread hate. And those are stupid. And they should be called stupid. If you cut out all the hate-stuff, no one would 'bash' your religion.

JimiHendrix JimiHendrix

In response to “I think I called your beliefs...

You did say my beliefs were stupid, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't my religious beliefs you were talking about. Maybe you're thinking of someone else (although if you're really going around calling that many people stupid, well, :/ ).
Not everyone, even if they believe in these things that for whatever reasons cause others to hate them, is "in your face" about it, so to speak. These controversial beliefs aren't meant to just spark controversy, they're just part of what those people believe in. If someone just believes something, no matter how much you disagree, a response of "What the ** are you thinking, you stupid ! Your beliefs are dumb and everyone should hate you for them" is not needed, nor does it help anything. Unless, of course, that person's being an ** about it and deserves that.
Anyway, I'm sorry, but if the hate-stuff is part of a person's religious belief, they can't really cut it out.

Sobriquet

In response to “You did say my beliefs were stupid, but I'm...

To an extent, I agree with everything you said, except that last sentence. I think that's just an excuse people use to justify their hate of those different from them. I'll use Christianity as an example. There are so many biblical laws that modern christians have cut out. You have a tattoo but the bible forbids that. It also says you shouldn't eat pork, and women should cover their heads in church. But most of that is dismissed as being for that time period. But when its stuff like homosexuality is a sin, then that's the word of God and cannot be questioned. To me that just sounds like an excuse to hate on a group they don't understand.

JimiHendrix JimiHendrix

In response to “To an extent, I agree with everything you...

My point is, they could cut it out if they want to. But they don't, because they, maybe subconsciously, hate those people. And then they hide behind religion.
Just think for a moment, if you were the one on the opposite side. The one being hated on. How would you feel? Now tell me it's ok to hate people if your religious beliefs tell you to do so.

JimiHendrix JimiHendrix

That's a good point, except one could argue that the reason that homosexuality being a sin has not been cut out or ignored is because it is still relevant to this time period, whereas the things that you mentioned obviously are not.
And may I add that God doesn't want us to hate anyone. Hating people themselves is not part of the Christian belief, in fact it's quite the opposite. You ever heard the phrase, "Don't hate the player, hate the game"? That's how it is with Christianity. God hates the sin, not the sinner, and that's what we're expected to do.

Sobriquet

In response to “That's a good point, except one could argue...

Yup, but were in the bible does it justify excluding certain parts and including others? That actually comes from one's own interpretation of the bible. Therefore, it's like you're interpreting the bible to fit your own biases. If you like tattooes, then you twist the interpretation to justify it. If you don't like gay people, you twist the interpretation to justify that. I hope that made sense.

JimiHendrix JimiHendrix

In response to “Yup, but were in the bible does it justify...

I see what you're saying, I just don't agree with it. Some parts have to be excluded. Now, tattoos not being religiously okay is definitely still relevant to our time, I just got one for multiple different reasons and I don't regret it one bit, honestly. It's actually a religious tattoo (although that doesn't excuse it). Anyway, some things, such as women covering their heads in church, are just not able to be expected. It's nice if you adhere to the old rules, but sometimes things just have to change, and you can't expect society to go back to how it was thousands of years ago so that we can properly follow the religion.

Sobriquet

In response to “I see what you're saying, I just don't agree...

Exactly. You can't expect society to go back to follow a religion, especially if its one that not everyone believes in. I can't see how, after saying that, you can oppose stuff like gay rights. Also, you can't really justify calling it a sin if you're doing something that would considered a sin as well. He who hath no sin cast the first stone. That's probably the one thing about christianity that annoys me the most. A lot of christians will criticise others but when they look at their own lives, their not doing much better. I'm not saying this is how you are though, and I am trying to put this as nicely as possible. But that's just the way I see it.

JimiHendrix JimiHendrix

In response to “Exactly. You can't expect society to go back...

All I have to say to that hypocrisy accusation, is that I may be religious, but I'm not perfect. A Christian's life goal is to be a righteous follower of Christ, but that doesn't mean Christians aren't human and are perfect.
A person can oppose gay rights because we most certainly can still oppose something. You can't expect all women to still go to church with their heads covered, or expect every single person to not get a tattoo (well, that's debatable), and it would be pretty hard to not eat a speck of pork in today's time (which honestly I think is kind of funny, but we do eat a lot of pork). But a person can still have their own thoughts, which to most Christians, is that homosexuality is a sin. Whether or not other people nowadays agree with that thought makes no difference, we can still have our basic beliefs. There's a difference between cutting out actions and customs, and cutting out beliefs such as homosexuality.

Sobriquet

In response to “All I have to say to that hypocrisy...

See that's what I don't think I'll ever understand. You admit that there are flaws in your belief but, instead of fixing them, you just accept them. And you were saying you can't expect women to cover their heads. Well then you can't expect people to not be gay either.

JimiHendrix JimiHendrix

In response to “See that's what I don't think I'll ever...

I'm accepting the flaws, but at the same time I'm not. I accept them as problems while I am working toawrds fixing them. And no one said Christians expect people to not be gay, but you can disagree with someone does without acting on it.

Sobriquet

In response to “I'm accepting the flaws, but at the same time...

Fair enough. And I'm probably being over-critical. There are probably flaws in every belief system. I have an issue with those that act on those kind of beliefs, but I guess if you're not acting on it then there's no issue. It's like saying 'this is what I believe, but I'll accept your right to believe differently.' Which is cool.

JimiHendrix JimiHendrix

I have to disagree i would say there is sufficient evidence for both sides. For example the kalam cosmological argument, the moral argument, Descartes' ontological argument. All of these are logical arguments. On the other there is also evidence for atheism such as the existence of evil but in the end it was whatever you personally believe.

Alpha_Descartes Alpha_Descartes

In response to “I have to disagree i would say there is...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHtxnIkzros This guy expresses my views on the cosmological argument much better than I could myself. He is a bit of an ****, but he has some good points. Descartes' ontological argument is still based only on personal belief, and you know my thoughts on that matter.

JohnPlaysGuitar JohnPlaysGuitar

In response to “http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHtxnIkzros...

I'm not saying that all of these arguments are infallible i was just listing to refute the common misconception that there is no evidence for the existence of god. There is a multitude of arguments including the teleological, anthropic, and transcendental arguments. My point is there is evidence for a god and there is evidence for atheism you can choose to accept whichever but it is logically incoherent to say there is no evidence for god.

Alpha_Descartes Alpha_Descartes

No belief is proven. People just believe what they think to be right. There isn't evidence for a God but it can't be proven that one does not exist.

Anonymous

I agree, even though being agnostic is not a religion. It has not been proven that there is a god and it has not been proven that there is not a god. Using that logic, it makes the most sense to say that we don't know and may never know.

pikabeau pikabeau

Well, one of the basic tenets of Agnosticism is that we don't know the right answer, so how would we know if it is the most logical?

ctiscooler ctiscooler

In response to “Well, one of the basic tenets of Agnosticism...

If we don't know what the right answer then the right answer is to say we don't know what the right answer is. Seems logical to me.

CastleSkyles CastleSkyles

In response to “If we don't know what the right answer then...

That actually doesn't seem logical to me. By saying that the right answer is that there is no right answer, you're contradicting your entire argument.

ctiscooler ctiscooler

In response to “That actually doesn't seem logical to me. By...

What I meant wasn't that there is no right answer. I'm just saying that there is no way for me to know what the right answer is. I'm saying I don't know.

CastleSkyles CastleSkyles

There IS evidence for God. For example, if you just look at the anatomy of an eye, how the heck could that just RANDOMLY appear and function the way it does? Only God could design a world like ours with all the plants, animals, and humans. Sadly, many are ignorant and just don't want to be held responsible for their actions at the end of the day. Go ahead and thumbs down, your beliefs aren't my business, just between you and the Creator of all things.

Nate

In response to “There IS evidence for God. For example, if...

I agree. The best evidence we really have is the beauty and complexity if life. I just don't see how it could be a completely random thing, with no purpose.

Sobriquet

The eye did not randomly function and appear the way it does, that's an ignorant statement to make. It took millions of years of evolution to produce the human eye, and it happened through mutation and natural selection, not randomness. For more information, read http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution_of_the_eye

wobbuffet wobbuffet

In response to “The eye did not randomly function and appear...

Evolution is not necessarily true, so in fact YOU are the one being ignorant here.

Anonymous

In response to “Evolution is not necessarily true, so in fact...

Calling the progression of life "random" is far more ignorant than standing behind a well-documented scientific theory.

wobbuffet wobbuffet

In response to “Calling the progression of life...

And who created that theory? Someone who you don't know and had to trust entirely. Sound familiar?

NiceBoulder NiceBoulder

In response to “And who created that theory? Someone who you...

I don't disbelieve in God because he isn't "familiar". Meanwhile, Darwin and other scientists actually wrote down their own theories. I don't see your point.

I'm not commenting on this post anymore, I'm getting dangerously close to pushing my thoughts on people.

wobbuffet wobbuffet

In response to “I don't disbelieve in God because he isn't...

Darwin completely refuted evolution as total BS. Just saying.

NiceBoulder NiceBoulder

In response to “Darwin completely refuted evolution as total...

First, arguments from authority don't convince any intelligent person. Second, I'm interested in seeing your source.

thegirlyouknew thegirlyouknew

In response to “First, arguments from authority don't...

JFGI. It's not that hard.

NiceBoulder NiceBoulder

In response to “JFGI. It's not that hard.

So apparently you don't have one. Thanks for enriching my life with your unverifiable claim. Have a nice day.

thegirlyouknew thegirlyouknew

In response to “So apparently you don't have one. Thanks for...

No, it means that you're too lazy to do it and take that laziness as a legitimate argument.

NiceBoulder NiceBoulder

http://answers.yahoo.com/questi...2191719AAVwJMU

I know yahoo answers isn't the most trustworthy source, but I don't particularly trust creationist websites either.

ender ender

In response to “http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=201...

By the same argument, anything from the internet can be taken as false/biased. For all we know, the person who answered was a leading scientist in the field of macro-evolution.

However, what I said was less to disprove evolution and more to show that in fact even its creator wasn't at all accepting it.

NiceBoulder NiceBoulder

In response to “By the same argument, anything from the...

I should note that the response to the yahoo answers was a creationist website that discourages use of that argument (I read the entire response after I posted this).

ender ender

In response to “I should note that the response to the yahoo...

Of course it's a horrible argument for disproving evolution, but that is neither what I used it for nor necessarily a complete lie.

NiceBoulder NiceBoulder

In response to “Of course it's a horrible argument for...

My main point was that even if he did "take it all back", it doesn't matter. The difference between religion and science is that science doesn't care who says it - only with what is being said. Besides, ender has politely given you a source (however reliable it may be), while you have provided none. Making claims with no support is dishonest and you trying to save face is not helping.

If something is a partial lie, it is not the truth.

thegirlyouknew thegirlyouknew

In response to “My main point was that even if he did...

I have not provided a source because
1) It is YOUR job to disprove ME
2) Even if I do get something, you'll claim it's from creationists and therefore biased.

I know how people like you work. Don't think that I'm a fool.

NiceBoulder NiceBoulder

In response to “I have not provided a source because 1) It...

1) Do you know how foolish you sound? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ph...urden_of_proof
That's like me saying there is a magical teapot orbiting the Earth and asking you to disprove my claim.
2) Yes, it will be biased. Just as if I got something off of an atheistic website. But if this really happened, you should be able to find it on non-creationist websites as well. Even those will be biased because EVERYTHING has bias. Besides, you don't know how I'll react to a website; you don't know me personally.

People like me? You mean someone who actually points out the flaws in your "argument"?

Sorry, I do think you are a fool. You have not provided me with anything to convince me you are an intelligent, rational human being - quite the opposite, really. You obviously do not know how to argue a point without resorting to logical fallacies and you don't know how to admit that you are wrong.

thegirlyouknew thegirlyouknew

In response to “1) Do you know how foolish you sound?...

If it didn't happen, then you'd find it on multiple creationist websites that it didn't. You often use logic that applies perfectly to both sides, which is hardly logic at all.

Lastly, you have to resort to insulting me in both a show of a lack of respect and definitive proof that you have no further argument other than insulting me and mine.

NiceBoulder NiceBoulder

Also, there is no proof that there is/is not a teapot. In the same way there is very little/no proof toward the existence/non-existence of God. The only "proof" is a small little book written by people who had nothing to gain from it. This book also happens to correspond greatly to actual events in history, which shows it isn't total BS. But I waste my time, you don't care. You'd just insult it and all that a large percentage of the world stands for again.

NiceBoulder NiceBoulder

In response to “Also, there is no proof that there is/is not...

Once again, you don't know how I will react to certain things, so don't tell me how I will. You have NO logic whatsoever. I feel as though I'm talking to a brick wall; no matter what I say, you refuse to even entertain the thought. Instead, you through it back at me and demand that I try again while telling me how I'll do it.

1) I give limited respect to those I don't know and complete respect to those I deem worthy of it. I don't respect people who act foolishly.
2) You cannot win a battle by telling your opponent she is out of swords anymore than you can win an disagreement by telling her she is out of arguments. You also have not even MADE an argument other than your original claim.

So we should all believe in this teapot, too? What about all of the other gods that have had books written about them? Maybe I should write my own book! Oh, look, everyone's on the bandwagon! I should believe in Islam! Oh, wait...you meant Christianity.

thegirlyouknew thegirlyouknew

P.S. I haven't insulted any religion until now, and that's questionable.

Anyway, I feel as if this is wasting both of our times and neither of us is getting anywhere. I really mean no disrespect, but I do stand by everything I've said as I'm sure you do.

thegirlyouknew thegirlyouknew

No he didn't. A Christian lady claimed that on his deathbed he renounced evolution and became a Christian. She did that so the people around her would stop questioning their faith. Darwin's daughter, who was actually there, said that that never happened. She was appalled with the woman for making up such lies.

pikabeau pikabeau

In response to “No he didn't. A Christian lady claimed that...

It hardly matters. All it is is one person's word against another's, which is the basis for thegirlyouknew overreacting.

NiceBoulder NiceBoulder

In response to “It hardly matters. All it is is one person's...

No, it's his own daughter's word over some lady's word. Look at it this way: Person A and Person B are telling you the same story. Person A witnessed what happened in the story. Person B is going by rumors. Person B's story ended differently than Person A's. Who do you believe? Obviously you should believe Person A.

pikabeau pikabeau

In response to “No, it's his own daughter's word over some...

There are arguments that possibly could be used against it, but it's really not worth it. Arguments on this thread are really starting to annoy me.

NiceBoulder NiceBoulder

In response to “There are arguments that possibly could be...

I find it funny that since there are arguments over what you believe, you don't want to bother with it, but if I was arguing for your beliefs you'd be all over it. Darwin did not denounce evolution, you just don't want to admit it and be wrong. I understand though, it's an evolutionary trait most people have: to never want to be proven wrong.

pikabeau pikabeau

In response to “I find it funny that since there are...

I have not stated that I accept I'm wrong, but neither did I state that I still think I'm right.

NiceBoulder NiceBoulder

In response to “I have not stated that I accept I'm wrong...

So are you right or wrong? I vote wrong, but I don't think my vote counts in your opinion.

pikabeau pikabeau

In response to “So are you right or wrong? I vote wrong, but...

There's no telling whether I'm right or wrong. It'd be a guess at best.

NiceBoulder NiceBoulder

In response to “There's no telling whether I'm right or...

Is that just a cop out to get out of admitting you're wrong? Obviously the eye witness would be telling the truth. But of course you'd be on the side of the religious nut (who was lying by the way).

pikabeau pikabeau

In response to “Is that just a cop out to get out of...

Sure, I'm a fool that dodges responsibility at every turn, and I just don't want to admit I'm wrong because that would be the end of me and my world. I'm too awesome to die!

NiceBoulder NiceBoulder

In response to “Sure, I'm a fool that dodges responsibility...

I know you're being sarcastic or whatever, but for the sake of my point, I'm going to take you 100% seriously.

pikabeau pikabeau

Reliable source.

Nate

This is going to sound stupid, but to whom are you referencing to when you say "Sadly, many are ignorant and just don't want to be held responsible for their actions at the end of the day?"

BowBowBow BowBowBow

In response to “This is going to sound stupid, but to whom...

Atheists, I believe. I think he (or she) is saying that atheists don't want to be held accountable for their actions by a god, so they choose to not believe. Which sounds much less ignorant in their original wording.

Sobriquet

In response to “Atheists, I believe. I think he (or she) is...

What he/she said. :)

Nate

You make it sounds like some kind of perfectly formed eye immediately popped out of nowhere. That's not how it happened, and that's not how anyone claims it happened.

Anyway, I find it difficult to explain things like how eyes evolved, and someone did already link to the Wikipedia article which surely explains that there was no magical levitating eyes (I know that's not what you said, that's just what came to my mind when you said it :P).

But about the beauty and complexity thing, how could something/someone so powerful, perfect, loving, caring, artistic, all-capable, etc. like God come into existence without having been created by some other creator? Surely God would qualify as beautiful and complex too, except even more so than nature, because He can create things and think and all that. Something as amazing as a creator/God couldn't have randomly happened by chance without a purpose either, could it? And if it could, what's to say the universe couldn't've, then?

Rainbow35

It is possible to believe in both God and evolution, and people who do give God a lot more credit for designing a system to create the best species to serve Him.

Former Believer

Hahahaha, that's your argument? That the eye is complex? Everything wants to survive, and to do that they needed to adapt and survive. Oh, and in case you don't know, religion is so you can't be held accountable for your actions.

pownagemaster pownagemaster

Eh, I don't think so... I respect agnosticism, and not really throwing your life into an organized belief, but I'm not sure I'd say it's the most logical. I'm not saying it's illogical, but there isn't really any logic in simply not having any firmly held beliefs, you know? Honestly, I don't think any belief or religion is "most" logical. It would seem at first glance that atheism would be the most logical, but really you can find logic in pretty much any religious belief.

Sobriquet

It's the most logical BECAUSE it is not a religion! All that religion does is give people false beliefs and hopes with little evidence and no proof. Sure, most religions teach good morals, but that can be taught without the ** of a "higher power" and things of that sort. And religion also gives unnecessary constraints, such as not being able to eat pork or have ** before marriage. It also tends to be the cause of many disputes, such as this epic argument in this post.

Religion is the course of unnecessary problems, and without it I think most people would have much happier and more fulfilled lives. The world would be a better place.

qwerty123 qwerty123

In response to “It's the most logical BECAUSE it is not a...

My life would compeltely suck without God. There have been so many tiems I feel like crap and I don't know what to do, then I turn to God, pray, read the Bible, meditate and when I find an answer to my problems it always comes from God.

I don't want to start a big religious debate here, so I won't comment anymore. I'm just saying, without God, I would never feel fullfilled and I would never be as ahppy as I have been.

fangirl12 fangirl12

In response to “My life would compeltely suck without God...

You know, this is exactly why I am sincerely envious of people who believe in God. I respect you for your beliefs, and I wish I could share them.

ender ender

In response to “You know, this is exactly why I am sincerely...

Therein lies the difference between non-Christians I respect and non-Christians who are truly moronic fools. Most people trying to argue against religion call it stupid, foolish, and something for people who can't satisfy themselves or need to feel like they're being rewarded or something along those lines.

NiceBoulder NiceBoulder

"...when I find an answer to my problems it always comes from God."
Has this god actually spoken to you? Do you hear some random voice from an invisible source? Because that's a symptom of schizophrenia.

If not, then in reality the answer is actually coming from yourself. You tell yourself that god is the reason for your solution, when really you figured it out all on your own.

And your life wouldn't completely suck without god, because even if god did exist, he isn't actually affecting anything that happens in your life. Decisions you make, you make in your own mind. Things that other people say or do to you come from their brains. All events happen for a reason, as an effect of nature or of the human brain.

People believe in god only because other people have told them that he exists. It is simply a way of explaining to yourself why things happen, without any proof of any kind. [continued in next post]

qwerty123 qwerty123

In response to “"...when I find an answer to my problems...

And maybe once in a while, you will "pray" for something, and it will end up happening. This coincidence only furthers your belief in god, also furthering your ignorance and refusal to pay attention to simple logic.

Do you really believe that just because you want something to happen, and say it out loud, then some magical, invisible, unproved force/being that you have never actually seen or heard or anything, will somehow make it come true for you? Because that is simply ridiculous. Coincidences happen. Stop restraining yourself from common sense and reality, and live life to its fullest.

qwerty123 qwerty123

Hey it's the controversial me again. I don't understand why everyone is hung up on the eye deal. That was just one example, here's a better one. The seed. The seed that can grow beautiful plants and giant trees. 300+ ft tall redwoods come from a single seed, smaller than a fingernail. How could that also pop into existence? Please, I'm dying to know what people think.

Nate

In response to “Hey it's the controversial me again. I don't...

BY THE WAY, I AM NOT SAYING EVOLUTION DOESN'T EXSIST! I 100% believe in micro-evolution, it's macro that doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Nate

In all seriousness, if a god came down and proved to you it was real, would you just bow down and worship it? Just because something created you does not mean you have to worship it. Though if there is a god, I would be grateful that I was created, but I would go on living my life. I would not give up my free will. But would you?

pownagemaster pownagemaster