12kate34SimonRosaVsSpearmintMilkBig_Bosschasegroveemilysoccer2angels_001amy_riteDandyLionBabytardlextcsarahjane5850Live4MusicSlendermanbluecdPumpedUpKicksTetotaybeth1310iamnotright123RunThePacificyesnomaybeHerpADerpDDasiaimdudeheadDaniellypuffgoodtimeMontgomery_Scottthatsjustmiilillyk435justalittlebitPeruvianPrincessdreamcatcherloveeMonkeyBubbleWrapflapjackluxgatorgirlashesPuroboricua13TWLOHA94HenriSaysHeepwahaild3891amarathegreat723v02WooohoooTangletalonKaitlynboogierpandapantsusernamehelpIgorAsiaTheMega123

SergStephiet29DeathelfClay______MissmoswenTheGirlOnFireMehitwat_waffleChipsrlycoolguyAllyKatCherrieBeeNoRestForTheWickedClementinesIchLiebeDichKirrrbyBlearslyrarerShunMj1996Elizabethhhrrw070193MeerkatDragonTickleeAnnDeevaAhuvaSpiegelbluishLamWinjraaeygeneanonymous_insertyeararmtheangelsDelightful_DolphinrunnerdudeCarolineGustinFlyingMintBunnyBlueJayWayLegalAlienK_SteezyKirbyPaintSemiColinJoshhhhhsydnaynayInmate_24601foolwithdreams_PheromonesStarGazerThatbitchEmmalove98Idling_Rocket_Ship

723v02fEMMAnistmad_marquiseangels_001
Grammar nazis are idiots. The purpose of language is to effectively communicate. So even if somebody used the wrong 'your' or misplaced a comma, if you can understand them it shouldn't matter. Being pedantic over technicalities is pointless. Amirite?

That being said, the people who can't differentiate between "your" and "you're" are also idiots.

ActionMan

ActionMan

In response to “That being said, the people who can't...

They might not be idiots. Maybe English is not their native language and they are still a little bit confused by English grammar. Maybe they didn't have access to the same kind of education you did. Maybe they quit school early to go to work and feed their siblings. Maybe they are only in 3rd grade. Maybe they have a mental disability when it comes to language but they are geniuses when it comes to math. Maybe they know the correct form of your('re) but made a honest typo.

fEMMAnist fEMMAnist

Excuse me for being a pedant.

Clay_ Clay_

You forgot to place a comma after 'so'.

Anonymous

In response to “You forgot to place a comma after 'so'.

Commas after so aren't always necessary. Think about how you would say it. You can choose to pause or not pause after saying so.

RunThePacific RunThePacific

In response to “Commas after so aren't always necessary...

It's a comma rule. How you say it does not matter. This is text and not speech.

sestrada16 sestrada16

How will anyone in life, be it work or social related, take you seriously if you can't even spell correctly?

Chips Chips

In response to “How will anyone in life, be it work or social...

http://www.dyslexia.com/famous.htm
http://www.dyslexia-test.com/famous.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Li..._with_dyslexia

All of these people had dyslexia, a mental disorder that makes it very hard to read and spell things correctly. People who have serious handicaps when it comes to reading and spelling can still be successful, accomplished, intelligent people. So yes, you can be taken very seriously even if you can't spell.

Besides, in the age of spell-check and Google, knowing how to spell things correctly off the top of your head really isn't all that necessary.

fEMMAnist fEMMAnist

If you don't spell or use correct grammar, you can't effectively communicate, because your incorrect spelling and grammar could be misunderstood.

Canuckfanatic

I don't have a problem at all with grammar nazis. It's only when they point out really obvious typos. It's not like they have poor grammar, they just made a simple typing mistake.

Clementines Clementines

In response to “I don't have a problem at all with grammar...

I usually don't mind them either, but sometimes they can be really rude about pointing out mistakes. Which I do mind.

Cydonia Cydonia

I have no problem with people who correct your grammar. If you make a mistake, you should correct it, but I hate it when people assume they're smarter than you because they make fewer grammar errors.

fEMMAnist fEMMAnist

Lets eat Grandma.
My comma wasn't properly placed and now the entire sentence means something different.

CarolineGustin CarolineGustin

In response to “Lets eat Grandma. My comma wasn't properly...

Mmmmmm....grandma was delicious!

Inmate_24601 Inmate_24601

In response to “Let's*

I could have sworn I went back and edited my comment to include that apostrophe. Guess not.

CarolineGustin CarolineGustin

In response to “Let's*

I might be wrong but i thing the apostrophe shouldn't be there because he isn't trying to say let us or let is example: it's= it is

Davidplante

In response to “I might be wrong but i thing the apostrophe...

In this case, it's correct to include the apostrophe. As strange as it sounds, "Let us eat Grandma" is the same thing as "Let's eat Grandma." "Lets" without the apostrophe is used differently, usually as a synonym for "allows."

:)

fanfictionaddict fanfictionaddict

In response to “In this case, it's correct to include the...

Makes sense but he didn't mean to say let's eat grandma like eat her literally he left out the comma so it is meant to be like lets eat.....let us eat darn your right

Davidplante

In response to “Makes sense but he didn't mean to say let's...

Why is everyone saying he?! There aren't dudes named Caroline!

CarolineGustin CarolineGustin

In response to “Why is everyone saying he?! There aren't...

You don't know that for a fact and I didn't check the names so I'm am sincerely sorry

Davidplante

In response to “You don't know that for a fact and I didn't...

It's not a big deal, really :D

CarolineGustin CarolineGustin

See, this is an example of a polite grammar nazi.
Is she an idoit, too?

Bloon Bloon

In an isolated situation where you make a grammatical mistake and people understand anyway then you are right. But, to make the conclusion that because it worked once you don't need to pay attention to the details is a different story. You sometimes can get away with it, but it is best to learn grammar for the time when it matters.

BP032 BP032

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.

Coffeebreak

I understand the need for proper grammar and spelling, but grammar nazi's can be pretty annoying. PEOPLE MAKE MISTAKES.

StickCaveman StickCaveman

The most annoying thing ever is when people try to be grammar Nazis but are wrong when they correct people. Poor grammar usually doesn't irritate me, but in that context, I DO correct them and make a big deal out of it. :)

angels_001