FlyingGuineaPigJuliafaceboomboomroombudgerigar42VitaeMatt_the_Jewanakay44DrewtPorksllpof200514DarthJaderShunMonopolygamyDanDaManK_SteezyAllyKatlauren4004shelbybuckffsIdling_Rocket_ShipsugarbabyMasterJElena_Roger_ctiscoolerpika_kesMaybeSomedaysmiles97_Ihateusernames_ErinrunnerdudeWeeping_Angelkaitlin12345hollythethhirdBrohandasGhandiGLaDOSShugahCaitlinCarolineGustinFaithfulHastyCroissantadriana_heatherKirstenAnnRaskristinoct14SnorcackleCraig_dontyouknowgoodtimenicwallerHairyleoKaitlynx2502man

kerouacsoberlikekeshaSpearmintMilkGolfWangDrunkEngineerfckin_ASchloopjaydakinsssTribune

RebeccanomnomnomnomalexanatorPulcherXx_loliana_xXChiquata10BarneyStinsonRocksApplesnbananasMomomollytNickaabbccddeeAnnieMcManuscherryblasterctiscooleranakay44KoalaHugger_reptaronator_Ihateusernames_RashedsydpinkVitaebailey143Dameequabudgerigar42Idling_Rocket_Shipscene_Kidd12ArydianKirstenAnnfj95maddlingtonsammylacoebatataMeganDaggettLexxxiex3brincklesaurusGambiteerSexycuriousmemrowRazorbackgirl13lolgirlLaguakatEssillimanadriangermaine
When writing a speech, keep in mind that it's just like choosing a skirt. Too long and you'll look like a batty librarian, too short and we'll all know you probably haven't got a future in education, amirite?

Out of all the "speeches are like skirts" analogy posts, this is one of the better ones.

ctiscooler ctiscooler

right above the knee

Juliaface

The shorter the better

Matt_the_Jew Matt_the_Jew

I agreed and then I remembered the Gettysburg Address :s

Xefon

In response to “I agreed and then I remembered the Gettysburg...

Abe Lincoln doesn't even remember the Gettysburg address...

Anonymous

In response to “Abe Lincoln doesn't even remember the...

That's because he's dead

hearts1020 hearts1020

In response to “That's because he's dead

Touché.

Anonymous

The same joke was homepaged just a few days ago, i guess a lot of people like short skirt jokes.

Anonymous

In response to “The same joke was homepaged just a few days...

I don't think it was the same one (wary).
The usual joke is "short enough to cover the topic, long enough to keep it interesting." I modified mine to include why they shouldn't be too long, and so that I could use the phrase "batty librarian." I love that phrase.

FlyingGuineaPig FlyingGuineaPig OP

In response to “I don't think it was the same one (wary). The...

I believe you mean "short enough to keep it interesting, and long enough to cover the topic."

Anonymous

ctiscooler ctiscooler

So much better than the typical skirt-speach analogy

runnerdude runnerdude

In response to “So much better than the typical skirt-speach...

What's a speach? Is that like a speech about peaches?

shelbybuckffs shelbybuckffs

In response to “Ohsnap

<3

shelbybuckffs shelbybuckffs

In response to “<3

(l)

KirstenAnn KirstenAnn

I think I read a similar thing ages ago
And I liked that version better
Lemme see if I can remember...
"Essays are like skirts, long enough to cover everything, but short enough to be interesting"

O____o

More like:
Speeches and skirts: just shut up and show me your **** already..

Anonymous

I am terrible at speeches and essays and the like. But I still have a very bright future in education because the languages and humanities isn't all there is to school. Just thought I'd point that out.

DrunkEngineer DrunkEngineer

In response to “I am terrible at speeches and essays and the...

It's...um...I was just...it's a joke. No offense intended to anyone, just...joking. Sorry.

FlyingGuineaPig FlyingGuineaPig OP

In response to “It's...um...I was just...it's a joke. No...

Damn, I just re-read my comment and I sound way too bitter. I wasn't offended or anything I just like pointing out other stuff that may not be on peoples mind. I like the post

DrunkEngineer DrunkEngineer

For some reason I read your comment in the voice of Wheatley from Portal 2. It sounds like something he would say.

theasexualsloth theasexualsloth

Having a short skirt is whats implies about education.

Besides, IT'S JUST A JOKE!

KirstenAnn KirstenAnn

In response to “how did this make homepage...

Mine is a parody of those. It says why they also shouldn't be too long and it uses the phrase "batty librarian," so it's not the same joke. As I explained above.

FlyingGuineaPig FlyingGuineaPig OP

In response to “Mine is a parody of those. It says why they...

Wait, explain the joke once more.. I wasn't paying attention the first six times.

Anonymous