• Featured on the home page on Feb 17th 2012
  • Post Of The Day on Aug 29th 2012

GolfWangCatmashmallow515chiddybangBlake11roysohlookitsmattDandyLionMontayHeisriteAllSmiiiless_Lord_Voldemort_sighcantthinkofanameburntbreadmuffinmonkeyMadiemashSMITHisMEDIOCREOhKayTeaPurpleGumDropBurnyBurnkerouacYuZFavvkesLuv2golf42897TetotaydanilolSupDameequaXereoxQuestionAuthorityMack_AttackDeathkittenshannabananabrady12CassandraAndromedaBuddyCakesDragonTickleeAvatar_Rokux2502manWatermelonsansabbloveshugschiddybaangPheromonesctiscoolerShawnaMarybrunetterox915the_fallentagMissAwesomeness

DurzoBlintElena_Roger_SergTheBroadwayAuditionJavvieJennitaliainnocentbunnyspantherfanaticCuban_BDrewtshadowmario580MeapWinniethePoohthisisnotaudreyCherryBlossomo_o_MARSHMeaganPugfEMMAnistAxolotlbelc0011BigTRexrilaraboxtopStatefarm_Jojo_BballFoShoilovepieyeahithoughtsoBonslyGuyiceeselenawiziamthewalrusjraaeyDwightKristenilovewednesdaysBleuErythromaniaBetterThanEzra1119TrishaussieClementinessaturnlite88swimlaxlexaluffemilysoccer2justwondering28PiperlilalaM_Safadi

KashudontpanicmuffinmonkeyCnhaegyreonmscderbyJokerJoe_LarsonJ_A_C_KBiBamBoppokerface111SledgeJERRINGTONApplesnbananasiSwingBothWaysPopsicleStickPurpleGumDropscreaming_midgetzoegoesrawrsprite590jkp429ArahRahmooniecakesMsVerbalVomitWatermelonmirandaamiriteTalkingRiceomgeetoastItsATrapeastcoaststrawberrymoolucyjoanSarwatbluedreamJacykerouacJackettaFavvkes_Ashlie_MtrenchieDanceInTheSkysTearsWritingislife16FlipFlopsAndSocksrockstarrukiaphotoice89NerdyBlonderadgrlSuperSukhrmina_____Monopolygamy
Life is completely pointless. And that is very good actually. The fact that life is pointless, gives you the chance to create your own personal meaning of your own individual life. There is no benchmark that decides if a life is pointless or not, amirite?

"If the whole universe has no meaning, we should never have found out that it has no meaning: just as, if there were no light in the universe and therefore no creatures with eyes, we should never know it was dark. Dark would be without meaning. " - CS Lewis

Pergenstein Pergenstein

But by you getting the "chance to create your own personal meaning of your own individual life" isn't that already giving life a point? (hmm)

TheBroadwayAudition TheBroadwayAudition

I wouldn't say life doesn't have a point. I'd rather say everyone has their own goals they want to accomplish.

But yes, I agree with the general premise of the post~

BurnyBurn BurnyBurn

Pergenstein Pergenstein

This is the kind of post that sounds great until you think for 2 seconds. No objective meaning means a pointless existence. Even if you create your own meaning, you're just fooling yourself into thinking you've found meaning. If life is meaningless, then everything we do is meaningless. It makes no difference whether I kill a baby or eat a tomato. They are both morally equivalent actions. In a billion years, the universe will have reached full entropy anyways, so everything will have dissolved into a cold homogeneous mix of particles.

pantherfanatic pantherfanatic

In response to “This is the kind of post that sounds great...

Well, a cosmic meaninglessness does not stop societies from creating moral codes based on what they find to be most beneficial to the happiness and survival of the community. Cosmic meaninglessness does not let you off the hook of the morality defined by society.

And if we are deceiving ourselves with meaning even though there is none, whatchya gonna do about it? If that's the truth, the truth hurts, so may as well take the silver lining of making meaning for yourself

Joe_Larson Joe_Larson

So, the lack of an ultimate meaning means that there can exist no non-ultimate meanings? I'd like to see proof of that. Proof that any non-ultimate meaning is just "fooling yourself".

Logan Logan

Life is pointless, it doesn't matter whether you kill a baby or eat a tomato, just the morals of society and instincts have fooled you other wise, think about it, could you kill someone? Sure, nothing is stopping you but laws created by other humans, the only thing holding you back are these things created by other humans to regulate society so that we can work together towards a common goal which we all seem to have agreed is the progression of humanity as a species, at least, that's what it seems like we chose as our common goal looking back in history.

yesnomaybe yesnomaybe

Wow I would have no motivation.
The purpose to my life is to serve God. And I'll be happy with whatever his will is.

Pug

In response to “Wow I would have no motivation. The purpose...

While you serve God, I'll go try to become successful and achieve happiness.

We'll see who's better off.

YeahIAm

In response to “While you serve God, I'll go try to become...

That was both rude and ignorant. If there is no God and therefore no objective purpose, then neither of you will be better off. You will both die, and cease to exist. However, if Pug is right, and God exists, then he will be better off for obvious reasons.

pantherfanatic pantherfanatic

In response to “That was both rude and ignorant. If there is...

Ah, so you're one of those people that fear the unknown and waste your life devoting yourself to that fear?

There doesn't need to be predefined objective purpose to have someone be better off. Who's better off, you or Bill Gates?

YeahIAm

In response to “Ah, so you're one of those people that fear...

Who said anything about the unknown? I know exactly who I'm serving.

Of course he's better off right now. But if there's no God, then what will that mean for him in 100 years? Nothing.

pantherfanatic pantherfanatic

Unless Pug is worshiping the wrong God and that God takes offence and throws him into ever-lasting Hellfire.

Anonymous

Your purpose in life is to be God's ****?

Anonymous

In response to “Your purpose in life is to be God's ****?

why do you think that? He serves me more then i could ever serve him. I am very selfish, but he still loves me. And i try to do my best to serve him anyway i can.

Pug

If your entire life is based off of something whose existence you have no evidence for, what happens if you're wrong?

Anonymous

In response to “If your entire life is based off of something...

what do you mean by evidence? everyday living is proof of how great our God is. its not just like believing there is a santa.. you feel him. he's my best friend, and he does so much for me. and for you as well. at first sure, i had my doubts. but i fell in love with him, and i know i am not wrong that he is a living God.

Pug

In response to “what do you mean by evidence? everyday living...

I could claim that I "feel" the existence of my imaginary friend; that doesn't mean I have evidence that he's real.

Anonymous

In response to “I could claim that I "feel" the...

as much as i wish i could, i cannot show you how different this feeling is from anything else. i would like to think that i am wise enough to know the difference between something imaginary and something not. he is nothing like an imaginary friend. He has been a better friend than any human has been. sorry i can't have evidence for you, but i defiantly have some for myself. and i think thats how He works. until you have faith, he won't give you 'proof', and at that point you won't even need any.

Pug

In response to “as much as i wish i could, i cannot show you...

Just to revisit your Santa Claus analogy: When I was a young kid, I wholeheartedly believed in Santa Claus. I didn't have any explanation, but I was sure, I was absolutely sure, that Santa Claus was real. As a first-grader, I ignored the fact that there was no logical basis whatsoever, because it was more fun to believe in magic. Obviously, a year or two passed and I found out I was wrong.
The point is that we often underestimate the power of wishful thinking. Of indoctrination. But ultimately, those beliefs that have no logical basis will crumble.

Anonymous

In response to “Just to revisit your Santa Claus analogy:...

but how old were you? as i said already: i am wise enough to know the difference between something false and real. you were young and had absolutely no reassurance. i have my own personal testimonies and as i've said; once you have faith He gives you 'proof'. but i don't need it.

Pug

In response to “but how old were you? as i said already: i am...

I wasn't always an atheist. Until about a year ago, I swore that I felt something to. Reality can be a difficult thing sometimes. If what you're feeling really is concrete, then what about all of the people who don't feel what you do? What about the people of different backgrounds, different religions, no religions?

Anonymous

In response to “I wasn't always an atheist. Until about a...

..what about them?

Pug

In response to “..what about them?

I'm saying that if the presence of God is actually something concrete that you can feel, why are there so many people who don't feel it, or who feel something different?

Anonymous

In response to “I'm saying that if the presence of God is...

He will only give his spirit to those who have faith in him and in Jesus.

Pug

In response to “He will only give his spirit to those who...

So those who are Jewish or of some other non-Christian religion, those who don't believe that Jesus is the savior, but claim (just the way you do) that they feel and experience the presence of God... are they lying? Because God hasn't given them his spirit, right?

Anonymous

In response to “So those who are Jewish or of some other...

who am i to say? all i know is what i personally know.

Pug

In response to “who am i to say? all i know is what i...

Either he gives his spirit to everyone of all religions, or some people are misleading themselves. If it's the latter, then there's a chance you're misleading yourself.

Anonymous

In response to “Either he gives his spirit to everyone of all...

Its not about religion at all. i know people who follow the bible dramatically. i can say that that i see none of Gods love in them.

Pug

In response to “Its not about religion at all. i know people...

I'm just going off of what you just said, that God only gives his spirit to those who believe in Jesus. Would you like to qualify that statement or do you stand by it?

Anonymous

In response to “I'm just going off of what you just said...

God comes in 3 parts: The father, the Son, and the Holy spirit. I don't think you can only have one of the three, or two of the three. you have to have all. they are all one.

Pug

In response to “God comes in 3 parts: The father, the Son...

So then I revert to my earlier statement: If God only gives himself to people who have all three, then some people must be misleading themselves when they say they feel God's spirit with them.

Anonymous

In response to “So then I revert to my earlier statement: If...

God is with everyone at all times. whatever religion, whatever belief. i cannot say wither they feel him or not because i've only been in my own body. but his holy spirit is different that just his presence. i don't know if you are spiritual enough to even understand anything i'm trying to get across.

Pug

In response to “God is with everyone at all times. whatever...

And you are not objective enough to receive my point. What I'm getting at is that *someone* must be lying. Someone has to be misleading themselves. You have millions of people, each saying different things, and instead of citing evidence, they cite faith. They say "I just feel it". While that's sweet and idealistic, a great number of them must be wrong. Why can't it be you?

Anonymous

In response to “And you are not objective enough to receive...

You don't know anything about the spiritual world for me to even get to explaining about that it's not a feeling. It is but it's not. You can think I'm lying but I know I'm not

Pug

In response to “You don't know anything about the spiritual...

Buddhists, Muslims, Jews, polytheists, etc. etc. etc. would all say the exact same thing. If they're deluding themselves, then chances are you are too.

Anonymous

In response to “Buddhists, Muslims, Jews, polytheists, etc...

I can't say, I've only experienced what I have been through. Not what they have.

Pug

Good for you, Pug, expressing your beliefs to a startlingly intolerant crowd. (y)

BonslyGuy BonslyGuy

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT! THE THROAT THE THROAT! UPPER CUT!

Favvkes Favvkes

It's time for you to throw in the towel, Favvkes.

(hehe)

BonslyGuy BonslyGuy

Okay, I know this happened a while ago and I didn't read the all the comments, but if Pug wants to serve God, how can you imply that she can't/won't achieve success and happiness while doing it, YeahIAm? That can be a legitimate purpose to one's life, imo.

_Jojo_ _Jojo_

Didn't read all of those comments, but I did read the first few and some in between.

Let's be a little reflective.
Atheists, if a christian came up to you and tried to force their beliefs down your throat, you'd be pretty annoyed, right? And you'd have every right to be.
So how come it's suddenly perfectly all right for you to completely bash their beliefs? Aren't you also shoving your atheistic beliefs down their throats? Because obviously you know everything, right?
You're being very childish and immature and you clearly have some serious growing up to do.
I don't know why you feel this sort of self-entitlement simply because you're atheist.
You also fail to realize that atheists have one extremely vital trait in common with their religious brethren: both of you believe in something that cannot be proven by fact. Neither of you will know anything until death.

Maybe you guys should stop being such close-minded cockmonglers. I hope you realize that close-mindedness is exactly what's wrong with this world.

Basically, I'm trying to say that you're cancer.

acisseJ acisseJ

The way I see it: if all life is meaningless, then Pug's allusion of meaning by serving God is just as valid as any allusion of meaning that YeahIAm comes up with. Whatever works for the individual, let them run with it.

If there IS objective meaning, though...well...that's just a scary thought since we all see the world so differently that a large majority would be screwed over as failures

Joe_Larson Joe_Larson

Just clarifying things up here, Pug, I don't know what religion you do or don't believe in but over here in Catholic land we believe that God offers salvation and his love to everyone. It isn't contingent on you acceptance of Him or not.

MartellusBoss MartellusBoss

Wow I don't even remember this :p
But I was just recently water baptized and I'm the happiest I've ever been..
And at Joe - everyone is a failure. I'm probably one of the worst. But God is still happy with me, and I find a lot of hope and happiness in that.
Also I'm on mobile, so I'm sorry for poor communication.

Pug

Of course you're not bashing anyone, spareseconds, these are real dilemmas faced by people all the time, and something I've faced myself, having been raised Christian to later reject it. It'd be absurd for someone to claim that a dilemma is "bashing" or "wrong". The idea of infinite punishment for finite crimes was one that I simply couldn't reconcile in my mind and led to the beliefs I have today.

Logan Logan

God is said to love everyone because he sacrificed his only son for everyone, sinners or not, believers or not.

Personally, after I die, I don't want to just sit in the ground. I don't know how someone could have that to look forward to. Like spareseconds, I'm not bashing anyone, just saying what I would rather believe.

BonslyGuy BonslyGuy

But I think that's what this post is getting at. Those that believe you simply return to a state of non-existence believe that this life is all we have and so we have no choice but to define meaning in it because the only meaning possible is confined within this life and person.

Logan Logan

I'm not saying you implied this, but Christians can give meaning to their lives too. We don't "blindly" follow whatever our pastor or the Bible says like zombies. God has given us the gift of free will for that reason, so we can choose what to believe and whether or not to follow God's word. Even if you believe there is nothing after life, why would you waste what time you have alive by believing it's pointless? You need to cherish the time you have, no matter your faith, because you will get nowhere without motivation, and soon you will be gone from life and onto the afterlife, should there be one.

BonslyGuy BonslyGuy

Yeah, that's why it was bugging me that some people seemed to be saying "atheists have personal meaning, theists have cosmic meaning." Because it really isn't divided like that. At all.

Logan Logan

@ spareseconds
i don't feel like you're bashing anyone, i enjoy hearing your point of view.
that is actually something i struggled with myself. after my dad died i could not understand why God would ever let such a thing happen, i still don't. but after that (as corny as this sounds) i grew very close to God. he was, and still is, my best friend. he has healed me mentally and physically. last year i broke my back. at first i could not walk, so i prayed. the next day i was going up the stairs. idk, it's something you can't pass on with words.. but God is love. he is the definition of love. i would never want to serve a God who was not loving.

Pug

GUYS HER BODY MANAGED TO RECOVER OVER TIME!!! BLESS GOD AND HIS MIRACLES!!!

Anonymous

heaven is not for people who are "good enough". no one is good enough... i deserve hell. the only reason i'm going to heaven is because of faith. John 3:16 "everyone who believes shall not perish but have everlasting life". our deeds don't save us, faith does. however, with faith comes a brand new attitude. you WANT to serve God, not because you have to.. but because if you have true faith you end up loving God.

Pug

Our deeds don't save us, but they do sure as hell damn us.

But then again, I don't believe there is anything anyone can do on earth that will make them deserve eternal fire. And yet, according to Christianity, just by being born you deserve it.

These are just my thoughts. Take them for what they are.

Logan Logan

but what you're saying is that God is not letting you have faith? .. thats what faith is. If God exposed himself to the world, everyone would believe. He wants us to believe by our own free will.

Pug

And why do some people have full knowledge of the existence of a different god?

Logan Logan

Spareseconds, do you understand what faith means? Faith is the belief in the validity of something. No one is saying that He for sure exists. It's called faith for a reason.

BonslyGuy BonslyGuy

Maybe most people don't say that, but I have met people who do. There are people in many religions around the world who will say that they know for sure that their God exists and that their mystical experiences are real and are the true path to the metaphysical world.

Logan Logan

At first i had many doubts.. it's not normal if you don't have them. but after i truly accepted Christ, i received the holy spirit. after that it's almost impossible to doubt.. he lives in you.

Pug

i just read that and laughed at how ridiculous it probably sounds. oh well :p

Pug

I honestly didn't read his comment. I'll let anAverageboss explain his side.

BonslyGuy BonslyGuy

So essentially what this experiential-based spirituality hinges on is: once you experience it, you can't go back to thinking it is anything BUT God in reality. But what I'm saying is that there are many different experiences that people have, some of which that are seemingly contradictory to this particular God. There are people who have experienced Buddhist enlightenment, people who have seen the Hindu gods in their visions, and people who have had mystical union with the divine, perhaps somewhere in the Native American-populated rural areas of Mexico.

I am not saying one is right and the rest are wrong, I am not saying they are all wrong or all right. What I am saying is that for me, to take all this into account means that simply focusing on one religion as the true one is easier said than done. There's a reason why experiences tend to be culturally based.

And sorry if none of this makes sense, I'm having trouble wording it.

Logan Logan

AcciseJ, your comment was wonderful. Amirite is a great community.The only time I am ashamed of it is when this sort of intolerance and bashing goes on. I barely talk religion on here, but I've been trying to put your comment into words for a long time. Kudos. Both sides of the ongoing religious debate should stop with the rudeness and/or close-mindedness, not just the Christians because, objectively, I'd say atheists are more commonly the culprits on this site.

Spareseconds, I usually see your comments as civil, so I wouldn't lump you in with the bashers. Not all athiests and Christians here are a part of the "cancer."

_Jojo_ _Jojo_

Sorry guys, I gotta finish homework. Hopefully I'llbe able to clarify later

MartellusBoss MartellusBoss

Thank you :) I don't really like arguing on here because it normally doesn't lead anywhere, but I'm very intolerant towards intolerance ;P

And I'd have to agree, spareseconds, my comment doesn't apply to you at all. Your comments, just like Pug's and BonslyGuy's, are very respectful and open :)

acisseJ acisseJ

Quit calling atheists cancer. We all know that:

Cancer > Atheists

Anonymous

Well... anon that's not really the point I'm trying to make.

Intolerant, close-minded cuntmuffins, religious or atheist = cancer

acisseJ acisseJ

"tolerance" gets thrown around a lot. Just to clarify: you can tolerate something and still view it as 100% incorrect. If we all saw things the same way, we wouldn't have to tolerate them but would simply agree with each other. Therefore tolerance is an admission that you view your own ideas as correct and someone else's as mistaken, but simply making that admission in a respectful "agree to disagree" way.

"Exclusive" beliefs are thus no more intolerant than "inclusive" beliefs. We all make exclusive claims to truth but can choose to do so respectfully or not. Consider: if you call someone intolerant because they has an exclusive faith (for example, Christians who believe that the only road to salvation is through Jesus) , aren't you being equally exclusive in your beliefs by saying that inclusive beliefs are the only acceptable ones?

The key is to form beliefs based on our best reasons available to us, but understand and respect that others will disagree. Someone is only "intolerant" if they fail to respect others' views in their disagreement

Joe_Larson Joe_Larson

I find Pug annoying, but I respect her. It's a little sad that people are so butthurt by what she says. Just accept that she is going to rot in the ground with the rest of us and move on. Let her pretend if she wants.

HopeImrite HopeImrite

I know that God exists because of medical/scientific facts mentioned in the Quran that are impossible to be know for a man in the 7th century...

Anonymous

**** debating, Emma Watson

Discord Discord

An imaginary friend doesn't exist too. It does, in you mind. But not for other people. It is the same with 'God'. 'God' is just a common imaginary friend...

LeviHook LeviHook OP

In response to “An imaginary friend doesn't exist too. It...

an imaginary friend that has done amazing things for you and has talked to you? i don't think so. i'm not insane, and nor are millions of other people. we are wise to know the difference between what is real and not.

Pug

I read it in the voice of a crazy person in a straight jacket "HE TALKS TO ME! I'M NOT INSANE!"

freddo

Millions of other people have similar delusions makes things fact?
What is this, a happy go lucky anime where-in if you believe hard enough your dreams become reality with the power of friendship?

Anyway, more seriously now, a simple way to stab your argument in the eye is to ask, why is it that some people get completely different answers from the same God?
Why is the God in one man's mind alright with gay people and the other's God is not?

Why is it that millions of people have also heard the voice of a COMPLETELY different God?

Are you going to say, "They're wrong I'm right!" Or something? What argument can you make against the claims of a Muslim hearing God when they're making the same claim as you with a different name to the God?

Len Len

@LeviHook "gives you the chance to create your own personal meaning of your own individual life. There is no benchmark that decides if a life is pointless or not"
Those are your own words, yet here you are telling her that her meaning if life is imaginary.

SkylarOctavious SkylarOctavious

I think that the first idea of god came from the sun, it's visible and it provides light and heat. If you were a early human you would respect the sun.

freddo

The anonymous athiest sure had a lot of questions but they didn't seem to have much to say to back up their claims. It's like want answers but they never really offer much for the argument. Anonymous athiest, you were very wrong to jump down pugs throat like that. If they have chosen to follow christ and live in His image, then how is that hurting you? When we're all dead and gone and Pug has achieved salvation, you're gonna wish you had decided to live a life like theirs. You are childish, ignorant, and quite immature, and I'll pray for you. I hope someday you're heart will be opened and you will know just how much god loves you. His love is so eternal and huge that we cant even explain it well enough. We can't fathom how great his love is.
Coming from a stranger, Pug is seems like an amazing person and i wish I could express my love for god half as good as they have. The light of god shines from them and it's pretty awesome!!!!

Anonymous

I love how often theists resort to Pascal's wager, often without even realizing it. "Believe in God because if you don't, you'll go to hell and you'll wish you believed in God." It's so mind-meltingly absurd. And it's sad how significant of a fall-back it is...

I also think it's funny that people are downvoting Len. There are people all over the world who have experienced their gods/goddesses and claim that it is 100% real and 100% true. If the conditions of YOUR God are that your God exists where no other gods exist, then SOMEONE is wrong. And people would rather just downvote and offer no argument than discuss that.

Saying that is NOT the same as saying "you're religion is stupid hurr durr". People write off any kind of criticism or questioning as "shoving down people's throats" or "bashing". Yes, some of these posts WERE bashing and were worded rudely, but other people were just trying to get at the truth and it's sad that people would rather they don't.

Logan Logan

I don't think you (and many many other people) are wise. "Doubt is the origin of true wisdom". Well, I really don't see you doubting about the existence of God. And hallucination, imagination, indoctrination,... are not depending on your age and experience. You are falling in a trap, a trap of your own human wishes. That is not a good reason. That is a bas reason.

LeviHook LeviHook OP

Makes sense if your atheist

Anonymous

7/10 Interesting stuff bro, could use some funnyness, tho.

Note: All my ratings will be in bold because it looks official and stuff.

AppAwesome

In response to “**7/10 Interesting stuff bro, could use some...

I thought this post was **** hilarious. What are you talking about?

Len Len

You need to shut the up.

Note: I use bold letters to portray opinions held by the majority of the amirite community.

YeahIAm

I will never understand why people get so pissed off at AppAwesome over the ratings.

Len Len

Because they're absolutely pointless.

Reviews are posted for movies and books so consumers can decide whether or not they should see/read the product. We've already read the post, and it's therefore useless in that aspect.

Furthermore, there's already a set system for expressing agreement or disagreement with the post. If someone wants to view how others perceive the post, they can view the post score and/or the number of favorites. No one gives a **** what AppAwesome thinks.

YeahIAm

I think they don't know about the Block feature amirite? has. Probably because he secretly wants to know what I rate his future POTD. IF HE GETS ONE.

AppAwesome

Also, the point of POTD is to bring in users, since the POTD is the first thing they see. If they see something terrible there, they won't like it, most likely. That's why I give ratings. To say what I think of it.

AppAwesome

AppAwesome, if I block you, you'll be unable to send me messages but I'll still be able to see your comments in anonymous form.

Anyway, I've already had a POTD: http://amirite.net/725692 . Just please don't rate it.

YeahIAm

YeahIAm, if AppAwesome wasn't just taking you for a ride his comments would still be perfectly fine because he's giving his opinion on the post and telling us how he feels about it.
Do I care or find his 'reviews' constructive most of the time? Not really, but the site is based completely on what he does. You just don't like him (d).

Len Len

I have an idea. Ignore the ratings. Could be easier said than done...

Furthermore, we also already have a set system for expressing agreement or disagreement with the comments
If you wish to show your approval, disagreement, or love for a comment simply proceed the the end of said comment. There you will find, located in the bottom right hand corner, three buttons. An up arrow, a down arrow, and a heart. Choose one as your heart so desires, and go on merrily with the rest of your day :)

SkylarOctavious SkylarOctavious

I really like the way bolded words look. I'm going to bold things more often.

Statefarm

I love Statefarm with a passion. (l)

So much better than Progressive.

boxtop

You started off saying life is completely pointless; then you said there is no benchmark to say if it is pointless or not. That means it's not always pointless and is subjective.

_Jojo_ _Jojo_

Sure life has a meaning! There are clues hidden in nature.
The most number of spheres that can be in simultaneous contact? 3! A B C
The number of suns in our solar system? 1! A
The number of proteinogenic amino acids that are encoded by the standard genetic code? 20! A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T
The first number with more than one digit that can be written from base 2 to base 19 using only the digits 0 to 9? 19! A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S

Favvkes Favvkes

In the grand flow of time our lives are inconsequential. But we're also the 'God' of our own existence.

PopsicleStick PopsicleStick

My purpose in life is to serve my God. I know it's been posted by Pug before. Although I know it'll get me thumbs downs and people trying to prove me wrong, I don't care. It is called faith for a reason. :)

jraaey jraaey

In response to “My purpose in life is to serve my God. I know...

My purpose in life is to serve my God too :) He told me to kill my daughter and I almost did, but then he was like "lol, just playing, bro! It means a lot to me that you would do though." She doesn't talk to me very much anymore.

HopeImrite HopeImrite

If the internet was a person, it would be an obnoxious hypocrite.

boxtop

My purpose in life is self-defined. I think we all ultimately want to accomplish certain goals with minimal negative affect on other life. I don't believe that in order to self-define meaning, ultimate meaning has to exist. They are independent of each other. Likewise, if you DO believe that life has an ultimate cosmic meaning, you can still have self-defined personal meaning.

Furthermore, not all atheists believe life doesn't have ultimate meaning. Many Buddhists don't believe in a god, yet they still believe that enlightenment, a mystical and metaphysical experience, is their ultimate goal.

Logan Logan

Minecraft.

SpanishGirlRock

This is the same logic people use to justify their claims that Skyrim is the best game ever.

Uzumaki_Naruto Uzumaki_Naruto

I'm glad that I started such a long and interesting discussion.
Yet it is a pity that I haven't been able to participate.
See you next time.

LeviHook LeviHook OP