middleseisBrambleclaw8eastcoastPurple_CowKermy_____MeapyeahithoughtsoSkr3wBallMonopolygamyBuddyCakesFragecremep0psSarahvdmCowboyGirlstephx777Juliaface_Jojo_AxolotlLkunhattrick36de_liciousboomboomroomPitchergirlemmietyperteckkayla_nicolebailey143SobriquetgoodtimesydnaynayI_Predict_A_RiotthisisnotaudreySmileyTaractiscoolerElizabethhhaquanut12Montanafirerescue343saxybandgeekRam27samiisawesomemashmallow515peace_love_happinesskerouac_pi_pokerface111awesomesockscanadianigloosOptimusPrime69cheshire_cat

silvershadow6HastyCroissantPajamiescookiedoughOhEmGee_MuffinDrewt

Emily_Marieevan123cremep0ps
It is stupid how people say that teen drivers are in the most accidents because they are always texting or are irresponsible, when really the cause could be that teen drivers are beginners and do not have a lot of experience to get out of tough driving situations. amirite?

I think it's a combination of both texting and being a novice driver.

SkylarOctavious SkylarOctavious

Or just a general disregard for authority and the rules.

Aintnothing

In response to “Or just a general disregard for authority and...

Did you not read the post?

mchalla3 mchalla3

do you really believe that? Nearly every one of my friends will text while driving. I do it as well. Sometimes stereotypes are more true than you think.

TheShamWowGuy TheShamWowGuy

In response to “do you really believe that? Nearly every one...

I am a teen driver too. I know that people text while driving. I meant that not ALL accidents are caused by texting.

middleseis OP

In response to “I am a teen driver too. I know that people...

That's the thing about stereotypes. They generalize. What may not be true for you, could be true for the other 99% of teenagers. it's just one of those things that you cannot let bother you. As long as you don't do it, then there is nothing to be worried about.

TheShamWowGuy TheShamWowGuy

In response to “That's the thing about stereotypes. They...

Until a texted kills you.

mchalla3 mchalla3

In response to “Until a texted kills you.

*texter

mchalla3 mchalla3

Then you shouldn't be worried about it either. My whole point was that some teen drivers just don't have a lot of experience and that is what can cause accidents. It was not about stereotypes or how "99% of teenagers text."

middleseis OP

SkylarOctavious SkylarOctavious

I somewhat agree, but I know from personal experience that when teens do get their licenses they have this feeling of "independence" and being invincible.

MaitiuSexton MaitiuSexton

I think it really is texting. I've done it, I see people do it all the time. It doesn't really shock me. And, I also know that I went so freaking slow when I learned, and stayed away from big roads, so I think it would almost go down. So, even though it's stereotypical, I think it's true.

cookiedough cookiedough

In response to “I think it really is texting. I've done it, I...

I've seen loads of stuff on tv about texting and driving being a big problem in america (and possibly other places) and i was really shocked. I'm english and i've never seem anyone do that. I didnt think anyone would actually be stupid enough to text and drive.

Fv92

Yes, it's extremely irritating. It's like, "herp da derp, let's increase the driving age to 28, then no one will be in accidents." They'll still be amateurs...

Emperorerror Emperorerror

Also, I think the reason that young drivers text is because they're inexperienced. They don't know how much of an issue it is.

Emperorerror Emperorerror

It's amazing how people act like adults don't text and cause accidents too, I understand that it's more teenagers but that doesn't mean it's only teenagers.

Carterqr

In response to “It's amazing how people act like adults don't...

Exactly. And the adults that do it are just more experienced and aware of their surroundings, so they get in less accidents because of it. But it is not only teenagers that text, and it is stupid how that is the stereotype.

middleseis OP

I'm actually surprised at the amount of people saying that they text and drive. Why would you do that? It's just unnecessary. Though I do hate it when people say things like this. Just recently on the 1 month anniversary of a girl at my school's death, a substitute lectured my class on how teens die from not wearing seat belts. The awkward thing was that she was wearing a seat belt and the car wasn't even speeding.

ihatebakas

For the most part, accidents happen because someone isn't paying attention to the road, not because one of the drivers is inexperienced. One of the biggest reasons that teens don't pay attention to the road is because of texting. Just sayin'.

chocolatecakeisbad chocolatecakeisbad