AdonisBatheusPitchergirlemmieSaigotRenatecrazychickenCodayde_liciousMeapAimzSpearmintMilkMonopolygamypikabeauChewbansheeloveallFriday_Night_Lights_Lord_Voldemort_OkNowiceeselenawizMsChanandlerBongTim5okevinthegiraffeplano98eastcoastlucichMyDerailmentMusicianOfExtremesacisseJmmadalynnPamelaj629orange926TwoSpoonsNiallmcgwaterpaynetingCalebCatesChaseSinclairThat_Tall_Chikpolarice24evan123MoeTheFro64kaydenStepharoolucyjoanafterawhileJellybean845601BenjaminSusanfailsLemonlimeMtrenchieErix2502man

sb123Courage_WolfBigTRexSwolshJennitalialing_lingchiddybangDramaGrl151eldoritoshadowmario580DistinctionsJoshPetticrewrunnerdudePugAnnajoy97

nomnomnomnomMatrixNLiluvhockeypokerface111Anchored17dorkattackSabsThePandaArnoldVanDerWaltcarrottop7797actbadlookgoodGryndStoneTalkingRicekaydenkatroxlucyjoanI_am_Yo_Pimpevan123MtrenchieCalebCatesTheMeawnfoolwithdreams_TurtleleprechaunHakunaMatataMonopolygamyMoosraBun10INomOnBabieshiyayakaMikey015CloKamali
It's mind boggling why the world can't be as simple as, "Don't like gay marriage? Don't get one," or "Don't like abortion? Don't get one," or "Don't like atheists? Don't be one." amirite?

"Dont like murder? Dont commit it. But dont take that right away from others because you disagree with it!"
Your logic = owned

fartfacemcgee

Your logic = owned

fartfacemcgee

In response to “"Dont like murder? Dont commit it. But...

I was about to take you seriously but then you said "owned" like some self-righteous teenager.

Actually I might as well refute.

That murder example was retarded. Murder directly impacts another person's life. Homosexuality doesn't unless you make it so. Same with abortion. And atheism. Terrible example.

AdonisBatheus AdonisBatheus OP

In response to “I was about to take you seriously but then...

im sorry, how does abortion not directly impact another persons life?

TheShamWowGuy TheShamWowGuy

In response to “im sorry, how does abortion not directly...

Technically the fetus is part of the mother. The mother has a right to do whatever she wants with her fetus until birth. Then there are restrictions.

That's my personal belief, anyways.

AdonisBatheus AdonisBatheus OP

In response to “Technically the fetus is part of the mother...

not to rain on your parade but your personal belief is not an opinion. It's incorrect. There is no opinion on abortion... The fact of the matter is that a fetus is a human being; the location does not change its personhood. Killing a fetus would be exactly like killing a toddler... the size and level of dependency also dont matter in the topic of personhood. For example, just because a person needs oxygen or insulin does not make them less of a person. Therefore, just because a fetus needs help to survive does not make it a "tumor." In other words, any reason you can possibly think of to abort a baby would be the same thing as making excuses to murder.

TheShamWowGuy TheShamWowGuy

In response to “not to rain on your parade but your personal...

Ugh god just read everything else

Look it's their **** fetus they can do whatever they want with them and that's my belief (psst a belief can be an opinion).

If you want to try and persuade me otherwise I really don't care I'm just not even going to bother with some conservative high horsed Christian.

AdonisBatheus AdonisBatheus OP

In response to “Ugh god just read everything else Look it's...

first of all, my abortion opinion has literally nothing to do with God.
But I know you disagree with murder (You'd have to be a sadistic **** to support murder), and abortion is murder. Ergo, you should dissagree with abortion. Just because its the woman's fetus does NOT mean she can abort it. Children arent toys. By the logic you use, a woman should be able to kill her toddler if she felt like it. After all, its HER toddler.

Think about your position, its founded upon emotional response and not logic.

Psst beliefs can be incorrect. Remember when people thought the world was flat?

Not to mention, stereotypically calling me a "high horse Christian" is a FANTASTIC example of AD HOMINEM. This means that instead of confronting my argument, you attack me personally. Because that apparently makes you correct. Right.

TheShamWowGuy TheShamWowGuy

In response to “first of all, my abortion opinion has...

I don't wanna get really into this either, but the fetus isn't born yet, at the abortion state it's more of a jumble of cells than an actual human.

trueshimmerchapstick trueshimmerchapstick

Do you really think that having an abortion is exactly the same as killing a toddler? Exactly?

AntiJokeChicken AntiJokeChicken

Yeah the baby still has a soul and will be a person someday. Imagine if you were aborted. If you somehow knew that you were, you'd be pretty mad. I admit that some people getting pregnant are complete idiots but maybe the parents should be terminated instead of the innocent baby....

shadowmario580

In response to “Yeah the baby still has a soul and will be a...

It's hard to imagine that considering fetuses have no concept of empathy, sympathy, thinking, or morals.

If I was aborted then welp. Too bad. I don't really care.

Again, rape, the mother's life is on the line, the baby will die coming out anyways, money issues...

AdonisBatheus AdonisBatheus OP

That entirely depends on whether you believe life starts at birth or conception.

acisseJ acisseJ

In response to “That entirely depends on whether you believe...

The Law of Bio-genesis states that life reproduces after itself. For example, a dog will always reproduce a dog... And furthermore, a human will always reproduce a human. I struggle to understand how people can believe the fetus is anything but human! And, if its human, how can we kill it by saying "I don't want it." ... it does not make sense.

TheShamWowGuy TheShamWowGuy

In response to “The Law of Bio-genesis states that life...

Obviously it's human. No one is questioning that. Not life in the literal sense of simply "existing", but life with feelings, thoughts, consciousness. However, I really don't want to get into this. So I wouldn't suggest anyone coming up with an elaborate reply because I won't read it. I'm not getting any further into this lol

acisseJ acisseJ

In response to “Obviously it's human. No one is questioning...

I love how your comment starts out firm and confident and serious and then you end it with "lol".

BetterThanEzra1119 BetterThanEzra1119

In response to “I love how your comment starts out firm and...

I did that purposely so people wouldn't take it too seriously and reply to me with serious rebuttals haha

acisseJ acisseJ

Holy how do you not understand that after a few weeks it's nothing more than a lump of cells. No one's disputing that a human produces a human, but there are people who simply don't consider it a life until it's... y'know, alive. As in born.

SemiColin SemiColin

In response to “Holy how do you not understand that after a...

by your logic, someone can abort a baby 8 months in because, y'know, it's not born. it's still alive.

PeterPan

In response to “by your logic, someone can abort a baby 8...

No, that's a completely different topic. If you're going off on that tangent, then I think it's inhumane to abort a fetus if it's progressed to the stage where it can feel pain.

SemiColin SemiColin

In response to “No, that's a completely different topic. If...

I personally think that it's inhumane to simply kill a fetus / baby / whatever you want to call it because I'm sure it feels pain too.

PeterPan

In response to “I personally think that it's inhumane to...

It's been scientifically proven that it doesn't feel pain until I think the second trimester. It's a freaking lump of dividing cells.

SemiColin SemiColin

In response to “It's been scientifically proven that it...

Nevertheless, I believe that those lumps are alive. Is a single-celled organism alive? I'm gonna assume yes, and I guess the real question is when do you call a fetus / lump of cells a human?

PeterPan

In response to “Nevertheless, I believe that those lumps are...

I consider something alive when it's born. But do you care when you swat a fly? Or smash a spider? Do you honestly, truly care?

SemiColin SemiColin

In response to “I consider something alive when it's born...

No I don't, but in the case of a fetus, when given time, it will grow into a human being. But honestly, there's no real point in debating on abortion. Honestly, I'm stubborn and won't change my mind and I'm not here to change yours either, just to merely show you what i thought.

PeterPan

In response to “No I don't, but in the case of a fetus, when...

Well then stop ****

SemiColin SemiColin

In response to “Well then stop ****

**** won't make a human. A fetus already has the egg + sperm which will make a human (even though I say it already is one) but a sperm or an egg by themselves are not human.

PeterPan

In response to “**** won't make a human. A fetus already has...

The key is that you said "given time". A sperm doesn't have an egg, true, but a fetus doesn't have time to develop into a human.

SemiColin SemiColin

I was about to take you seriously, and then you based your argument on his example being 'retarded' like some ignorant teenager who can't properly iterate their opinion.

Also, many people (including myself) believe that abortion DOES affect others: the child that is being aborted. They are killed before they even have a chance to live and they never did anything wrong.

Anonymous

In response to “I was about to take you seriously, and then...

Piss off conservative ****.

Goddamn I've already given my whole opinion on abortion in this whole thread and if you don't agree with it ** off. I will /never/ change my beliefs on it. It's 6 ** AM and I have a sore throat and I'm tired as hell. Just kill yourself if you're gonna be so invasive of people's lives and never change from it.

I need some **** medicine.

AdonisBatheus AdonisBatheus OP

In response to “Piss off conservative ****. Goddamn I've...

Ok, I have to agree that you have greatly discussed your position, and I don't have any illusions of being able to change your core beliefs on an amirite discussion. I'm sorry your sick, I have a sore throat myself. Hope you feel better

Anonymous

In response to “Ok, I have to agree that you have greatly...

Gah sorry. I just shouldn't be online in the morning. I get really pissy and angsty.

AdonisBatheus AdonisBatheus OP

In response to “Gah sorry. I just shouldn't be online in the...

It's ok, I was pretty rude myself. Feeling any better? This winter has been killer with sickness going around

Momoka

Abortion is different. Gay marriage and atheism don't hurt anyone. Abortion kills an innocent child.

BigTRex BigTRex

In response to “Abortion is different. Gay marriage and...

So? Maybe the baby will die when it comes out of the womb anyways. Maybe the mother's life is in jeopardy if she gives birth. Maybe the woman was raped and doesn't want to spend the rest of her life looking at her child that reminds her that she was raped and has to live with that scene over and over again.

Innocence or not, it's not always about the fetus/baby/child.

AdonisBatheus AdonisBatheus OP

In response to “So? Maybe the baby will die when it comes out...

I'm not talking about rape or endangering the mothers life. That only 7% of all abortions. I'm talking about when it is all about the baby. I'm talking about the ridicules amount of irresponsibility girls have when they simply don't want the child. Just because they didn't mean to get pregnant doesn't mean they should be able to throw the baby away like a piece of trash.

BigTRex BigTRex

In response to “I'm not talking about rape or endangering the...

Where is that statistic coming from? Link me.

If they don't want the child they shouldn't have it. Get an abortion then, so what? Teenage girls shouldn't even be giving birth. It raises the chance of deformities.

AdonisBatheus AdonisBatheus OP

In response to “Where is that statistic coming from? Link...

http://abortionno.org/Resources/fastfacts.html
"1% of all abortions occur because of rape or incest; 6% of abortions occur because of potential health problems regarding either the mother or child, and 93% of all abortions occur for social reasons (i.e. the child is unwanted or inconvenient)."
If the only reason for not having the baby is it's unwanted or inconvenient then that mother is a sick human being. At the very least, she owes that baby its life. If she isn't fit to raise the child then she cant put it up for adoption. There are plenty of couples dying for a child because they can't have their own. Abortion is not the answer.

BigTRex BigTRex

In response to “http://abortionno.org/Resources/fastfacts.html ...

This information seems outdated. 1998? Jesus. Get something recent and come back to me.

The mother is a sick human being? Oh I'm sorry I didn't know you were the judge of all of humanity. Go **** yourself. You think your morals and yours alone and 100% right or something?

ADOPTION HAHAHA ** please you think that many people adopt? Look it up. I can't believe people think adoption is this magical process with the happily ever after **.

Even if there are many couples wanting to adopt it doesn't mean they fit the qualifications.

AdonisBatheus AdonisBatheus OP

In response to “This information seems outdated. 1998? Jesus...

Even if it's outdated, the percentages wouldn't have changed much. It's wrong to kill your own child because it might inconvenience you. Period. And adoption isn't perfect, but it is so much better than the alternative.

BigTRex BigTRex

In response to “Even if it's outdated, the percentages...

Also there's no sources for /that/ website, either. Where are they getting their information? I don't see any links to college studies or government statistics anywhere.

Personally I think abortion is better. This world sucks ****.

"It's wrong to kill your own child because it might inconvenience you. Period."
I read that as, "I'M RIGHT I'M ALWAYS RIGHT MY MORALS ARE /RIGHT/ I'M RIGHT ALWAYS CORRECT NEVER WRONG RIGHT RIGHT RIGHT!"

AdonisBatheus AdonisBatheus OP

In response to “Also there's no sources for /that/ website...

Dude... Chill.
She's just trying to discuss with you for why she thinks your wrong. You're making it waaay more personal than it should be.

iceeselenawiz iceeselenawiz

In response to “Dude... Chill. She's just trying to discuss...

I'm not, this is just how I debate. Angrily, pushy, and judgmentally.

Don't like it? Don't debate with me.

AdonisBatheus AdonisBatheus OP

I'd like to point out that your statistics are from www.abortionno.org
How about an unbiased source?

I would also like to add that the fetus is completely unaware of what life is or could be while it is still in the womb, so killing it won't impact anyone but the mother. And what if the baby was not aborted and instead had to live through less than desirable conditions the duration of its childhood? By the way, I'm being modest when I say "less than desirable" because there are some really **** situations you could be thrown in.

Friday_Night_Lights Friday_Night_Lights

What if the mother is having financial troubles? Is there a statistic for that or is it just lumped together with "social" reasons?

BetterThanEzra1119 BetterThanEzra1119

"There are plenty of couples dying for a child because they can't have their own."

Where'd you hear that? Are you not aware of the massive number of children desperately waiting for adoption? Putting your child up for adoption only augments that group.

YeahIAm

What the hell kind of logic is that?
"So what if I stabbed that guy? He might have died of cancer later. He might have fallen down an elevator shaft." And there's always adoption rather than abortion.
You're barely making valid points anymore.

Tape Tape

In response to “What the hell kind of logic is that? "So...

The logic of the post is saying if it doesn't affect anyone, it should be okay to do. Stabbing someone obviously hurts others. Abortion is still being debated on whether or not it hurts the fetus. But I don't want to get in that debate. It's never ending, and I've got class today.

pikabeau pikabeau

Part of me would really like to jump into this debate, but the other, more reasonable side of me realizes that I've participated in the same debate countless times and it has never gotten me or anyone else anywhere. However, I do agree with your post :P

acisseJ acisseJ

In response to “Part of me would really like to jump into...

Wish I could be that self-controlled. Respect.

AdonisBatheus AdonisBatheus OP

In response to “Wish I could be that self-controlled. Respect.

I'm just lazy haha

acisseJ acisseJ

Don't like intolerance? Don't use it.

Truuninja Truuninja

In response to “Don't like intolerance? Don't use it.

I'm not sure what this is referring to.

AdonisBatheus AdonisBatheus OP

Continue