MeapBuddyCakesAWillStickCavemande_liciousSpearmintMilkPeytonDuPreeAllSmiiilessRealityMaryKateBurnettsomepeoplepeace_love_happinessDevilishEggStepharoosparesecondsandypantsMoosraTim5oEthanWinniethePoohcoletteThat_Tall_Chikcheshire_catCanadian_Ninjasansameemer147TRecksWholesomeMuffingoodtimemc2147DragonTickleeRainbootsMsChanandlerBongCyanideBearepic_fail11Brunettie91Mj1996HarryPotterFan777makeup_nerd_Lord_Voldemort_ImNotGretchenSetUp4SarcasmOkNowsarahlovelyQuaintPancakesTruttaceousTemulenceRingo_StarrBeautiful_Rivalhandydansmiles97

runnerdudeKalopsiastacysmomLegit_LatinburntbreadJacobColleyCourage_Wolffoolwithdreams_thisisnotaudrey

SarwatthelittlethingsWholesomeMuffin
It shocks you how much racism there is about Rue, Thresh, and Cinna in the Hunger Game movie, amirite?

It makes total sense. I mean, there's no way there could be any black people in the future, right?

Anonymous

Lenny Kravitz is just too **** awesome for them to handle.

MaryKateBurnett MaryKateBurnett

In response to “Lenny Kravitz is just too **** awesome for...

Lenny Kravitz makes the perfect Cinna. He could be purple and still be perfect for the part.

Stepharoo Stepharoo

In response to “Lenny Kravitz makes the perfect Cinna. He...

Exactly! They couldn't have thought of a better guy for the part. He just... I don't know... completely OWNED it.

MaryKateBurnett MaryKateBurnett

Rue was said to be black in the books so thats the least understandable.

Anonymous

The book says both Rue and Thresh have dark skin and eyes. I don't know how that many people missed it.

ScottyD

In response to “The book says both Rue and Thresh have dark...

I didn't realize that Rue was going to be black. They probably did mention in the book that she was, but most readers, including myself, got married to the idea that she reminded Katniss of Prim, so we all pictured her as a little blonde haired girl. Thresh and Cinna were casted perfectly.

And then there was Peeta. Played by Josh ** Hutcherson. Peeta was supposed to be this bulky, blocky guy, who isn't very attractive. And they use Josh Hutcherson. Okay, yeah, Peeta was supposed to be blond, but not 6'2'' with a freaking chiseled body. This wasn't supposed to be ** Twilight.

yay_im_wrong yay_im_wrong

In response to “I didn't realize that Rue was going to be...

Josh Hutcherson is only like 5'5"...he's barely taller than Amandla (Rue)

Purple_Rose Purple_Rose

In response to “Josh Hutcherson is only like 5'5"...he's...

And not to mention he's not very attractive anyway. He has a butt-chin and pouty-eyes...

AlexandraTheGreat

He should just change his middle name to "****" lol

ScottyD

I missed it for about half of the book until towards the end Katniss said something about her being just like Prim except for her skin. But yeah, at least I noticed it at one point.

MacaroniSalad MacaroniSalad

Anonymous

The two **** boys next to me at the theater kept making jokes, especially when she was eating the bird (fried chicken, they kept saying). I hate high schoolers.

Anonymous

I missed the part in the book where it said they were black. It wasn't really a big deal, I just didn't know.

Starkiller731 Starkiller731

In response to “I missed the part in the book where it said...

I took note of it, on Rues part anyway, because it helped show the contrast between her and Prim.

shorkian shorkian

There hasn't been any racism I've seen, except for a facebook article...

Ethan Ethan

jezebel.com/5896408/racist-hunger-games-fans-dont-care-how-much-money-the-movie-made

sansa sansa

Id pictured them all as having Indian-coloring. Not like Native American Indians, but Indians like Hindu and from India.

Anonymous

In response to “Id pictured them all as having...

For some reason, because of his name, I couldn't help but think of Peeta as Indian, even though the author repeatedly stated he was blonde.

ChaseSinclair ChaseSinclair

In response to “For some reason, because of his name, I...

That's what made me picture them all as Indian too!

goodtime goodtime

I can't even read "Peeta" in my head without it having a British accent. I thought they were all going to be British in the movie.

Starkiller731 Starkiller731

In response to “I can't even read "Peeta" in my head...

Did you recently read Harry Potter?

goodtime goodtime

I imagined the districts having American accents and the Capitol having British accents because the book said Capitolites had weird accents.

mchalla3 mchalla3

lol yeah of course, let's analyze a freaking movie.

fanayay

Continue