TheRagingDilemmaeastcoasticonhahnSabsThePandawhat_upPredyJessiyeahithoughtsoCowboyGirlBlueJayWaypeace_love_happinesssmiles97EmptyMelodiesBoufakacoastalsydnaynayThisBlackChickalohomoramyheartStarshipRangerHarperde_licioustheycallmereemajustsuperplano98iluvhockeyRachelNKashuwaterpaynetingSpearmintMilkMsChanandlerBongmakeup_nerdCucumberslideawesomesocksKirstenAnnrunnerdudeGryndStoneBlueBatmanClementinesflapjackluxThatCrayCrayGirlBellaGrace1003cuzimasherpaSobriquet123mdog123OHdarlingThisChickDameequacanadianigloosSeptember128RemyHemingway

SuzywaoEustaceMagestic_mermanSarcasm_on_iceGalileosansahahaimrightwobbuffetali_dCourage_WolfBuddyCakesmc2147RidgePsychochemicalDragonTicklee

ThatCrayCrayGirl
'The Hunger Games' is not for children. It is for teens and up, amirite?

What's worse are the people who are all of a sudden "the biggest fans" because they saw the movie, when they never read ANY of the books. -_-

coastal coastal

I agree I know a 10 year old that read it! I'm like: Do you even understand it!

what_up what_up

In response to “I agree I know a 10 year old that read it!...

It's not very hard to understand...

Eustace

harsh **** series i totally agree.

Predy Predy

Why not?

Suzywao Suzywao

In response to “Why not?

The whole second half is about teenagers being forced to kill each other. Kids don't need that thought of violence put in their little heads.

Harper Harper

In response to “The whole second half is about teenagers...

I read violent books as a child, I think making a blanket statement about it doesn't make sense, it depends on the maturity of the kid.

Suzywao Suzywao

Kids are too sheltered nowadays. I think they should be able to handle it.

Magestic_merman Magestic_merman

In response to “Kids are too sheltered nowadays. I think they...

All I know is, my brother and his friends started fighting each other playing "Hunger Games" after he read my copy of the book.

Harper Harper

In response to “All I know is, my brother and his friends...

Just keep in mind not everyone's an idiot.

YeahIAm YeahIAm

coastal coastal

In response to “What's worse are the people who are all of a...

The movie only included about half the book, some of it was out of order, and they changed things up. I don't think that the movie showed the book very well, I really think it's stupid how they become 'the biggest fans'.

Pergenstein Pergenstein

In response to “The movie only included about half the book...

I KNOW. I mean, at least if you read them you can appreciate the movie a little more.

coastal coastal

In response to “I KNOW. I mean, at least if you read them...

A lot of people didn't entirely understand the movie because it left a lot of gaps in the plot, and didn't really build up well. I understood everything because I already knew, but many others didn't.

Pergenstein Pergenstein

In response to “A lot of people didn't entirely understand...

Yeah, some girl that goes to my school was talking about how it sucked because she was confused the whole time. Then again, she has the IQ of a cat.

coastal coastal

There's this kid in my class who thinks he knows everything about it because he saw the movie. It's annoying.

what_up what_up

This is dumb. It's not like it's complex or mature or anything. It's a book. There isn't anything that says young people can't read it.

Magestic_merman Magestic_merman

Ha I read it when I was eleven. My younger sister read it when she was ten. Neither of us is scarred or anything.

sansa sansa

Eh, I think you have to give kids a little more credit here. If they like the story then they should be able to read and enjoy it. If it's too violent for them, then they can stop reading it. It won't turn them into killing machines. If it does, then the parents are way more to blame anyway.

Sarcasm_on_ice Sarcasm_on_ice

I think its target audience is older teens and young adults, but why shouldn't kids read it? Some kids are avid readers; it isn't uncommon for children to be reading stuff with "violence" in it, like LOTR or Harry Potter (of which the earlier ones in the series are definitely children's books, as JK Rowling intend them to "age with the reader"). If they get freaked out, they can always just put the book down.

Chou

I actually have to agree, although it does depend on the kid. Most children can't handle that much violence, but a few can read it and think about the themes in it maturely.

Aliyah K.

Continue