DanielJamesMontezumaSobriquetsarahlovelyctiscoolerMeapbrunetterox915Nikola_Goddamn_Teslax2502manmydaddidntpulloutUzumaki_NarutosamiisawesomeFriday_Night_LightsStickCavemanArneGoeteynAlfredoBig_BossamyrawrsLarryHiMarymelisophoclesAndromedasydnaynaysansaWynautsuperkeeliradgrlRainbootsRelevantlyRandomLegalAlienihearandomusicrunnerdudecheshire_catpika_kesDragonTickleeSaigotOfcourseiamriteSuzywaoSergrubienicoleohlookitsmattRenatepolarice24KirstenAnnBlueJayWayTwoSpoonsJennitaliaCyanideBearFrostehhMaryKateBurnett

coolstoryaabbccddeeboogierRicedestiny7livelovemusic12qwerty123chiddybang

LarryHiRubenKrazorsofttrueshimmerchapstickihearandomusicsuperkeeliSuperFastJellyFishsansaLaresistance123SimbaSaigotStickCavemankingfor_besitosYour_Stalkermashmallow515Bun10MadameDerpingtonamyrawrs
If God created the sun, which is essentially a ticking time bomb, then it is conceivable that He intended to expunge humanity at a certain point (if we somehow manage to survive that long). Maybe, then, He did this with all the older stars: created, watched fail/destroyed, and moved on. And the younger stars wait in an eternal queue to be God's next science fair project, amirite?

I think that if our universe has a creator, this is the most likely explanation. We're his experiment. He doesn't love each and every one of us, we're just his Sims to play with.

wobbuffet wobbuffet

wobbuffet wobbuffet

In response to “I think that if our universe has a creator...

I picture it like moldy cheese or bread. God will remember that planet he put away in the fridge that he forgot to eat, get it out, see that it has spoiled, and toss the Earth into the trash.

StickCaveman StickCaveman

They key word here is "if".

qwerty123 qwerty123

In response to “They key word here is "if".

No .

Anonymous

I'd like to think that the humans on each of his worlds has different physical bits. Like one experiment might have eyes on stalks on the head.

Also, I don't get why Christians capitalise pronouns relating to God.

Chromana

In response to “I'd like to think that the humans on each of...

Respect? If you believe in an all powerful God, you'll want to respect Him.

boxtop

In response to “Respect? If you believe in an all powerful...

I respect Gandhi, yet I don't write "I think He was a good person."

YeahIAm

In response to “I respect Gandhi, yet I don't write "I...

Well, Gandhi is a human.

I capitalize pronouns relating to God for the same reason that God is capitalized. Because, in a sense, they are all proper nouns and other ways to refer to Him. In Christianity, God doesn't really have a specific name so anything used to refer to Him, at least to me, is kind of used in the same way that you would use a name.

And this isn't just referring to the Christian god. The capitalization of pronouns referring to a specific deity is often encouraged in certain grammar circles.

However, capitalization of these pronouns is not necessary. Not all versions
in the Bible do so. It's really a style choice.

Anonymous

In response to “Well, Gandhi is a human. I capitalize...

Thanks, you pretty much covered everything.

boxtop

In response to “Thanks, you pretty much covered everything.

Thank you!:D

Anonymous

I'd argue that "God" is his name.

Chromana

In response to “I'd argue that "God" is his name.

I like it better capitalized for two main reasons. The first reason is so that there is no confusion as to who the He is. It's easy to tell what it's referring to. The second reason is that a "he" seems to imply that God is like a regular man, and honestly, I don't like to say that because I don't believe that God has a specific gender and to place God on the same level as other males is, in my opinion, just wrong. It really is a style choice so I suppose that it doesn't matter, but these are my personal reasons as to why I capitalize. I am a Christian but even if I wasn't, I would still capitalize for these reasons.

Anonymous

In response to “I like it better capitalized for two main...

If you don't think he has a gender why do you use "He" and not just God all the time? That also removes ambiguity for who the "he" is.

Chromana

In response to “If you don't think he has a gender why do you...

True, but that would sound weird in a sentence. Besides, the capitalization marks a distinction and that's enough for me. I'm not going to let pride get in the way. Using a masculine pronoun doesn't always mean that something is masculine. Like, if I say "hey guys" referring to a group that includes girls.

Anonymous

But by the rules of proper written English, you do not capitalize pronouns. The only way you could capitalize the word "him" would be if it were a proper noun. And God's name is not "Him", therefore it remains a pronoun.

qwerty123 qwerty123

In response to “But by the rules of proper written English...

Respecting God > obeying grammar rules

boxtop

I don't think they fail. I think God plans for them to die out.

boxtop

I think the people that wrote the bible didn't think about it too much

freddo

In response to “I think the people that wrote the bible...

The Bible itself talks about how there is an end of time (at least for humans). One of the major themes of the Bible is that life in finite, in every sense, except with God, because God is timeless and He is life.

Anonymous

This posts describes exactly what I've been thinking!

Andromeda Andromeda

What the hell would he do all day if humanity was gone?

Ram27 Ram27

In response to “What the hell would he do all day if humanity...

Create a world of Pokemon? That'd be pretty cool.

Anonymous

There's a One-Act I was in called The Whole Shebang where the Earth is just god's science fair project (I was god, naturally) and he's getting judged.

He got a C+ for us, I'd say that's fair.

CapedCrusader CapedCrusader

In response to “There's a One-Act I was in called The Whole...

Generous but fair.

Suzywao Suzywao

'God' would then need to not be all powerful and all-knowing, or else wouldn't He know how the experiment will turn out?

dan94 dan94

Continue