B10ckH34ddeeviantK_Steezy8DUrkaronTrishNowhere_WOmanhufflepuffandproudSergioRacelloCgymnast7Angelepeace_love_happinessEustacerowanneawesomesocksmashBuddyCakesSuperSukhFred_WeasleyMarylivelovemusic12Admiral_BeenayesnomaybePinkSpongeDylanSaysHeepwahScottyDxxharrypotterfreak16Idling_Rocket_ShipBetaEmissioninnocentbunnysslairtotallyawesomegingernameCpt_McMuffinLemon_cupcakeSuperFastJellyFisheastcoastthatgirlsShugahFailAtLifeKashuKoalaHugger_Jelly_JarsydnaynayAnnDeevariteamiPuroboricua13blonde_zoeWinniethePoohwaterpayneting

SpearmintMilkReadzwobbuffetSobriquetXefonSuzywaoYeahIAmCherryBlossomcoletteCuban_BEmperorerror

Nobody :(

wha? =s

8DUrkaron 8DUrkaron

In response to “wha? =s

Everyone think they're worse off or less well off than they actually are. So girls experience and go through it themselves, so maybe they think sexism is twice as bad as it really is but guys don't really understand the real disadvantages, like the ones you need to experience first hand, and maybe think it's half as bad.

B10ckH34d B10ckH34d OP

In response to “wha? =s

Aaah ...got it
Lovely that you tried to articulate that ...I'm sure a lot of people(including me) have given this a thought in the past.

8DUrkaron 8DUrkaron

In response to “wha? =s

I think I agree with this post mostly because of the warped reality aspect more than the guy girl issue ;D

8DUrkaron 8DUrkaron

Damn, so I must really think inequality between the sexes is rampant, considering I am male and do already.

Emperorerror Emperorerror

In response to “Damn, so I must //really// think inequality...

I refer to guys as one entity. That implies that I 'm taking the average, not each individual's views.

B10ckH34d B10ckH34d OP

Hmm, well, I don't really think most males are so unaware that they don't notice gender-based injustices.

Emperorerror Emperorerror

I don't think it's really unaware, but if you don't have to live with it you don't notice it as much.

LittleRed LittleRed

It's not that we don't notice, it's that we automatically belittle them. Girls are a lot more sensitive than guys (in general), so any small thing would mean a lot more to a girl than a guy, who would probably say to shake it off. As a guy, I can say that this happens even for pretty big things (I can't name any, but I'm sure there are some. I only have very vague recollections of such things).

Conversely, girls tend to exaggerate stuff. Because of this, the real discrepancy between genders is probably somewhere between the perceptions of girls and guys.

B10ckH34d B10ckH34d OP

I'm mainly talking about inequalities where males are the ones taking the negative, and it seems that both of you are assuming I'm speaking of inequalities experienced by females.

However, the traits of both guys and girls you've stated, B1ock, are certainly true. But I still don't agree with your final point based around inequalities between the sexes, and that is your main point of the post, so I have to say I still disagree.

Emperorerror Emperorerror