• Featured on the home page on May 19th 2010
  • Post Of The Day on Sep 12th 2010

CmonYouKnowImRightarmtheangelsfifthfogelBlacklightsAndQueenssassyculpepperkenziee1725Angelebeatleslover7AssuaTIDDLYWINKStheRacheysaurusswankornGoldAaaaa07InsanePPGlyzaanimonsternaEioSlothsteelydanshmadAllieqewiDaenerysCandyCounterGirlchinchillinegarcia22JennaGeejilliebeanEllyPhantCoffeeFan267ApplescruffLikerawrrx3diff3r3ntfighterJust_Another_Atheistsamanthax77broadwaygleekpeace_love_happinessTroublepoop44Grilled_Cheesusorangesocksbookworm1429poisoncontrol99MerleGerleNickBrociousIamrite23RedBullODLittleMissSlytherindangerous_moustachesureynotimnotaskingSunsetLife

chocolatecakeisbadgoabbieCamiiWamiilittle_dezzyTheCombatWombatflectorahmadk19Bananapeelrandomviewer896shootingstar62

LazynezmadstuhgleslieRebeccaSalientKLindsashleyeatsfleshNessJustBeingMaryJuiceBoxcappyJokeridolR21steelydanPurplePenguinRichardAsphyxiatedMelodiesKhayllayRunDontWalkyjooyoungOhLookAmosquitozeewierkoekjeVictoryAACverver373LacynarniaisinmyclosetJohnPlaysGuitardramafreeworldwittynamehere2cool2barkIEatRiceellephaba101soupmuffinsibehollygblackroses523HeySoulSister345hannnnahGuardian_AngelskywayavenueImTheRealShadyBoyBoy5BoyBoySo_SwaqqerificOMGitsJasminanimaguscourt_manzanaCaptainObvioussepulveda313eks95thebabooshkabrenduhhhhhhhhxD
If you want to be less awkward, use the power of the sun. Global warming is the ultimate ice breaker. amirite?

Isn't this like the 3rd post of the day today? :P

SalientK

lol

marsellas

fat penguins also are great for breaking the ice!

Caught

Unless that person happens to know that there isn't a such thing as "global warming.

Hansna

In response to “Unless that person happens to know that there...

Global Warming is a natural occurrence, so it IS real, just maybe not to the extent everyone is claiming.

Katffro Katffro

In response to “Global Warming is a natural occurrence, so it...

global warming is not naturally occuring, humans have a very big role in it.

Ross Ross

In response to “global warming is not naturally occuring...

Yes it is. We get into and out of ice ages. It's a slow process that takes thousands of years

Katffro Katffro

In response to “Yes it is. We get into and out of ice ages...

the earth's average temperature has risen a degree in celsius the past 150 years, the steepest temperature change ever recorded in earth's known history

Ross Ross

In response to “the earth's average temperature has risen a...

Global warming is a natural occurrence, but humans are speeding up the process.

Anonymous

In response to “Global warming is a natural occurrence, but...

False. How can our emissions be speeding up the process when ONE volcano eruption releases more green house gases than mankind ever has in recorded history combined?

Double_hawk

In response to “that isn't true...

that was an interesting article even though there was a lack of sources

Thomas

In response to “False. How can our emissions be speeding up...

Obviously, a volcano that is big enough to cover the whole world with ash for a course of years is in no way comparable to any volcano we have today. And it is a fact that we significantly increase CO2 levels, and it is a fact that high CO2 levels trap in greenhouse gasses.

polarthebear polarthebear

150 years is like a blink in geological time. The fact is we can not know if the temperature is increasing at a normal rate or not, because we haven't got temperature recordings back far enough.

twisted_memories twisted_memories

Yes, it is a natural cycle. That's why there are ice ages and warm periods. Humans speed up the process.

polarthebear polarthebear

In response to “Yes, it is a natural cycle. That's why there...

That's what I believe, but I was afraid people would say it was B.S.

Katffro Katffro

Humans MAY speed up the process.

twisted_memories twisted_memories

In response to “Humans MAY speed up the process.

They DO. picture it this way. You know how they say turning the thermostat up or down can do a lot of good (or bad) for your energy bill? it must take a lot of energy to control the temperature of your house. Now imagine the whole world. It must take a TON of energy to warm the ENTIRE EARTH. where does that energy come from? perhaps the 14 billion metric tons of carbon dioxide released every year into the atmosphere trapping more heat in the earth. and that's not the only gas. We also have methane, which is 20 times more potent then carbon dioxide. And i wouldn't say sped up by humans as much as i would say caused by humans.

Ross Ross

In response to “They DO. picture it this way. You know how...

Methane and carbon dioxide were around long before humans. Also, a lot of the energy comes from the sun, which doesn't only shine in rays. It pulses sending out bursts every two hundred something years, causing a warm time. We're also coming out of an ice age, the earth should be steadily warming up.

Also, greenhouse gases cause clouds, those clouds (depending on the type and location in the atmosphere) are just as likely to cause cooling as they are to cause warming.

twisted_memories twisted_memories

In response to “Methane and carbon dioxide were around long...

A little less sunlight hitting the earth has been observed due aerosols and other particles caused by pollution in the atmosphere. These particles make clouds reflect more sunlight. This is actually very scary, knowing just how bad global warming could be had it not been for these aerosols and pollutants causing a counter effect

Ross Ross

In response to “A little less sunlight hitting the earth has...

The location of the clouds is what causes the reflected sunlight. Scientists actually fear global cooling, because with the heating more water is being evaporated, adding to the clouds. I believe it will even itself out eventually.

I would like to say this: While I don't believe global warming to be caused by humans, that does not make me an eco-terrorist or something (I'm not saying you think this, but I know those who do). I believe in recycling and I believe in using green products, I believe that we need to use less packaging and whatnot. That said, I think the earth has seen far worse than what humanity can throw at it. In a few years we'll all be gone, and Mother Earth will clean herself up for the next species.

twisted_memories twisted_memories

Post of the day! Nice!

Moonshoes Moonshoes

In response to “Post of the day! Nice!

aaaaaand the user deleted his account. Oh, irony.

Moonshoes Moonshoes

In response to “aaaaaand the user deleted his account. Oh, irony.

I didn't even know you could do that. And how is this ironic?

SalientK

In response to “I didn't even know you could do that. And how...

oh, I don't know. it sounded good, so I said it.

Moonshoes Moonshoes

"My mate told me that I just don't understand irony.

Which was ironic because we were at a bus stop at the time. "

(poecilonym)

In response to “ "My mate told me that I just don't...

((poecilonym)): Haha I am so going to use that!

SalientK

SalientK

In response to “Isn't this like the 3rd post of the day today? :P

amirite is from a place with a different timezone. There, it's the 12th. Here, it's the 11th.

Katffro Katffro

In response to “amirite is from a place with a different...

There were still 3 POTDs within 24 hours. Unless the length of hours varies from time zone to time zone, my statement is still true. :P

SalientK

I believe it's the third because many people got mad that the 9/11 joke post was POTD on 9/11. The other 2 are because of the different time zones, just the one after the 9/11 didn't get its full time as POTD because the 9/11 post had already taken up most of the time for that day.

JghRocks JghRocks

In response to “I believe it's the third because many people...

Good theory. I guess the two 9/11 ones were half of the same day.

SalientK

Bahahahaha funny!

socal socal

Is it just me, or are there a lot more "post of the day"s lately?

reeree reeree

so what youre saying is that if i want to be less akward i should drink sunny d?

heyitsallykay heyitsallykay

In response to “so what youre saying is that if i want to be...

Dude, Ah! Sunny D all right!!

Stewie

Cows emit more methane than cars. Thats why my conversations always start with cheeseburgers!

Bossman Bossman

Was the pun intentional?

LAM LAM

As in Sunny D and Ice Breaker's liquid ice?!:P

LittleMexico LittleMexico

This is a pretty bad POTD. Just quality wise I think. Not a real opinion but also not funny enough to be a joke

StJimmy StJimmy