Watchful_questioneerSkylarOctaviousMusicIsAGiftBuddyCakesilikefurrywolves4815PhilboydStudgeeastcoastFrank_n_Furterjustfuckmeupjpn518LuseroomileycyrusJokeriEmilystill_no_inspirationMj1996dontsteponaduckJimiHendrixPrincessMidgieIGGYremagLenKirstenAnnrosebudWinniethePooh_Dakota_southernlovinits_melucichTrishde_liciousislandersaywhensuperkeeliMayamiddleseisStarlight_dragonToniBaloni_creative_username_Marybudgerigar42photoice89riteamix2502manrilaraalohomoramyheartThymeAgainNymphadoraTonksCanadian_NinjaYamiAmy

WunderscoreBlue_eyed_reader

eastcoastbudgerigar42redsapphire

If you put any random person who doesn't want to have power in a leadership position, things probably won't go well. There must be balance.

Wunderscore

In response to “If you put any random person who doesn't want...

The post doesn't say random person, it says 'leaders'. Not everyone can be a leader

Anonymous

In response to “The post doesn't say random person, it says...

Yes but I don't think that one size fits all in this scenario.

Wunderscore

(hmm) I like to lead, and I generally do because I'm one of those "natural-born leaders" but I don't desire power. Does that even make sense? I'm not sure if that's a contradictory statement or not.

Pergenstein Pergenstein

Claudius?

elmo

The only problem with that is that those people won't try to get into positions of power.

rilara

In response to “The only problem with that is that those...

they could be nominated for it by someone else, like George Washington (see comment below)

Watchful_questioneer Watchful_questioneer OP

George Washington is the perfect example of this.

BigTRex BigTRex

“It is a curious thing, but perhaps those who are best suited to power are those who have never sought it. Those who have leadership thrust upon them, and take up the mantle because they must, and find to their own surprise that they wear it well.”

-Albus Dumbledore

Ethan Ethan