itstylermaries avatar Relationships
10 68

4 'no way' people, I hate you.

@SpewingRainbows 4 'no way' people, I hate you.

Wow. Hating someone because they do not believe that gay people should be able to get married is just as bad as hating gay people or hating people who think that gay people should be able to get married.

Anyone who voted "No Way" for this post should jump off a cliff.

Actually you are all arong. Homosexuality is seen as a sin ONLY because when God wiped out the world with a fire, he said be fruitful and mutiply. The children of Ham were forced to have sex with him to concieve. So actually it has nothing to do with the nature of the people, more to do with the fact that it is God's word to have a union to have children. So gay marriage is not hurting Christians, they need to shut the fuck up and read ALL versions of the bible more carefully than for their own selfish reasons. Did u peopke also know that they used the Bible to justify slavery... Exactly didn't think so.

@Actually you are all arong. Homosexuality is seen as a sin ONLY because when God wiped out the world with a fire...

"God wiped out the world with a fire" Wrong, never happened. "The children of Ham were forced to have sex with him to concieve." Wrong, not in the Bible. Perhaps you are confusing the story of Lot? "So actually it has nothing to do with the nature of the people, more to do with the fact that it is God's word to have a union to have children." Wrong-o.

I Corinthians 6:9-10 " 9Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither [...] nor HOMOSEXUALS, [...] will inherit the kingdom of God."

"they need to shut the f**k up and read ALL versions of the bible more carefully than for their own selfish reasons." What messed up Bible are you reading? I really hope you are a troll.

"Did u peopke also know that they used the Bible to justify slavery... Exactly didn't think so." Uh, yes, I did. And they were wrong.

This is just the latest part of the civil rights movement. How long will it be until everyone reallly has all of the same rights as everyone else. Those of you who oppose gay marrige are going to be on the wrong side of history, the same way that segragationists are today.

Not allowing gays to marry contradicts everything America stands for. We're all equal and we're all free.

@damn straight.

I'd just like to say that all these comments were starting to annoy me, and yours made me laugh at the irony. You just made my day :) Thanks!

Denying gays marriage is just segregation. What if we denied blacks marriage? That would be just wrong, completely utterly wrong, right? Well, what makes gays different? You would think by now the government would have at least legalized some sort of marriage under government, not under God type thing that would allow gays to be legally married and get all those benefits and crap, but not be married under the church.

For all of you who said no, what would you do if your child was gay. Would you deny them happiness and love?

Hell yeah, you're sooo right!!

You know, who cares if in the past that marriage supposedly was a religious institute? I'm sure people got married FAR before Jesus came along. Even if the word was not used, the act was being committed. And now you can get married without any involvement from the church, so if churches don't want to get involved they don't even have too. Nobody is forcing churches to marry gays, they can refuse that service.

And if you don't like gays because they can't bring forth the reproduction part and carry on God's creation, then I guess all those who oppose gay marriage should also oppose people that are sterile or barren, those that chose NOT to have children, those that are too old to have children (no grandma you can't be married because you can't have children!), etc etc.

Why do people focus just on the gays because they can't reproduce? So many others can't do the same thing and nobody cares when they get married.

@fuckoffbitch3 You know, who cares if in the past that marriage supposedly was a religious institute? I'm sure people got married...

Oh and then of course they argue the "Children can't be brought up properly without a mother and father" spiel. Okay then, lets ban single parents from having children. If someone dies in a marriage, all those children must be taken away because God forbid they can't be raised right with just the remaining parent. Anybody who is single can't adopt, if you get divorced your children have to be taken away because the children can't be raised right without both the mother and father in the household. This is of course going by some of the arguments about gays adopting.

Please that argument is ridiculous and just downright insulting to the women and men out there who raise their children BY THEMSELVES because either their spouse left them or died.

Separate but equal, when the fuck does that ever work out?

yes, people who choose not to have children are doing something wrong, too. but being unable to have children is out of their control

I find it amusing that the google add that pops up beneath this page is "Queer News... Gay and Lesbian news that's important to you."

Love is love is love. Tell me that it isn't. If it's an institution under God, why are straight agnostics allowed to be married. Stumped? because people are people and you can't know who they are or what they believe by looking at them. If you don't believe in gay marriage, fine. YOU don't have to have anything to do with it. let OTHERS be who they want to be. You have no say in who anyone else is, nor should you.

@Love is love is love. Tell me that it isn't. If it's an institution under God, why are straight agnostics allowed...

Marriage may be partially about love, but it is an institution between a man and a woman. Under your logic, then if a man and a horse love each other, then they should be able to get married. But they can't, why? Because marriage has certain rules and qualifications. One of them is that it is between a man and a woman. Anything else is not marriage. If gay people want to get a certificate from the government allowing them to play house, that's fine, but it is not marriage.

@VictoryAAC Marriage may be partially about love, but it is an institution between a man and a woman. Under your logic, then if...

why do you care what other people do with their lives? and i'm saying yes, it should be between people, but we live in a world today where life is not governed by religion.. at least not publicly.

@why do you care what other people do with their lives? and i'm saying yes, it should be between people, but we live...

'it doesnt hurt anyone' isnt a good reason. prostitution doesnt hurt anyone, and its still illegal.

@'it doesnt hurt anyone' isnt a good reason. prostitution doesnt hurt anyone, and its still illegal.

Prostitution is exploiting ones body for monetary gain. There is a huge difference between that and two people who love each other sharing a bond recognized by the state.
And just because it's a learned lifestyle doesn't make it bad or strange; aren't manners learned lifestyles too?
But how can a society that focuses on straight couples teach anyone to be gay? Do you think you were you born liking the opposite gender, or do you believe that you were taught that that was how you were supposed to act?

prostitution hurts the hooker and the john. with STDs and the mental effects of selling yourself for money.

Well, as a Christian, I believe that people can do what they want with their lives, however, some things that people do are sin, for example, homosexuality, and they should not do it. Yet I do not advocate banning homosexuality or something of that nature, as it is not the government's business. However, marriage is not simply a union between two people who love each other. It is a covenant between and joining together of one man and one woman. Anything other than that is not marriage. Legalizing gay marriages is degrading marriage, a God ordained institution.

@VictoryAAC Well, as a Christian, I believe that people can do what they want with their lives, however, some things that...

in what way is it a sin? its not like they choose it. its just they way they are. is it a sin to prefer chocolate ice cream to vanilla? of course not. god made them the way they are, which means he made them gay. its not up to us to tell them their life is a sin.

@in what way is it a sin? its not like they choose it. its just they way they are. is it a sin to prefer chocolate...

According to the Bible, homosexuality is a sin:

Leviticus 18:22 ' You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.

Romans 1: 25For they exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.

26For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural,

27and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.

Also, being gay is a choice. You are not born gay. You choose to like chocolate ice cream or vanilla ice cream, but it is not a sin because the Bible doesn't say so.

@VictoryAAC According to the Bible, homosexuality is a sin: Leviticus 18:22 ' You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a...

Actually, it's not a choice. You're born that way. There have been scientific studies done. Did you choose to be attracted to whatever the opposite gender from you is? I'm guessing no. How is it any different for gay people? Nobody WANTS to be different, nobody ASKS to be different from everyone else. Why would anyone CHOOSE to be gay in a world where people are so discrimitory? There's no reason to choose, there's no incentive.

@Actually, it's not a choice. You're born that way. There have been scientific studies done. Did you choose to be...

actually, youre NOT born gay, lesbian, etc. its a LEARNED lifestyle, according to scientific studies.

I agree with you completely; no one in their right mind would choose to alienate themselves from society like that.

If religion is believing in something stronger than is in your power as a human to understand, and love is believing in something stronger than is in your power as a human to understand, why agree with one and not the other? If two people love each other, no matter if they're a heterosexual or a homosexual pair, they have the right to get married. And not just a "union" that isn't recognized with the same dignity, but a marriage, and all the benefits go along with it.

being gay is a choise? okay, go be gay. right now. you cant. people dont want to be gay, dont want to be different and therefore persecuted.

I'm a Christian, and I still believe gay people should be able to get married. Marriage is a symbol of love. I think the government should get with the times and legalise gay marriage. Not just in the US though, everywhere in the world.

I'm Christian and I think people who are gay or lesbian should have the same rights as everyone else. In fact, where I live (NZ) people who are gay or lesbian have the same rights and because various people have different views on marriages and different religions have different religious laws same sex marriages are officially termed Civil Unions and are normally performed in similar ceremonies to the majority of two sex marriages. I have no problem with this, and neither does most of my country.

Ok someone said earlier something about a man and a horse getting married. That was just stupid. HORSES ARE A DIFFERENT SPECIES. Gay people are as human as anyone else so don't compare their love to that of a human and animal. And just because the bible says so doesnt mean it's right. Being gay is not a sin. God made people that way, people are born that way and everyone has the right to love who they want and no one can say anything about it. Their love live is between them and their partner so don't screw up their happiness because they are different.

wow im personally not gay, but i completely support same sex marriages. now tat fucking wrong seeing as a lot of the guys who posted would kill to see two women together but cringe at the sight of two men what the fuck is the difference. and to the Christians if god really loves us then should he not care what we do?!?! which one is worse? being gay or committing serial murder? if you can pray to god for forgivness in murder than why cant you pray for forgivness for being gay, but then why the fuck would you need forgivness if god supposedlley loves us?

@wow im personally not gay, but i completely support same sex marriages. now tat fucking wrong seeing as a lot of...

technically though, all sin is equal in the eyes of god. but i do see what you're saying, to US, obviously murder would be worse, but some ignorant assholes (like the lesbo loving, gay man hating douchbags you mentioned) think homosexuality is worse.

god loves you (AND THE GAYS! :D).
peace :3

can somebody explain this to me? why if two people love eachother and want to enjoy the legal benefits of marraige, should they not be allowed to marry? isnt there supposed to be a separation of church and state, and freedom of religion? christianity isnt the only religion in the US, so we shouldnt have laws based off our ther bible. If we did, then guess we have to have slaves and stone disobediant children, too.

This ALWAYS happens in posts like this.
Alright: Marriage precedes modern religion by a huge amount of time. It is in no way a religious union, although religions add extra meanings to weddings performed between members of their religion.
Weddings are a legal union, and can be performed outside churches.
If marriage is purely religious, then why is there no outcry against atheists getting married?
Stop bickering, and realize that a marriage outside of your religion is outside your rules and affects your own marriage in no way whatsoever.

What does gay mean?

@What does gay mean?

Homosexual, a.k.a being attracted to somebody of the same gender.

I'm Christian but I disagree with a lot of the rules. I'm for gay marriage. I think that the church might make up rules to benefit itself. No gay marriage=possible gays denying sexuality and getting married=more money for the church. That's just my opinion.

@I'm Christian but I disagree with a lot of the rules. I'm for gay marriage. I think that the church might make up...

I sorta-of agree-ish. I am very christian but I think that the bible says to love our neighboors and when we shouldn't prevent them from doing somthing that they want to do just because we don't like it. It is their choice and we need to respect that.

@I sorta-of agree-ish. I am very christian but I think that the bible says to love our neighboors and when we...

It is their choice and we shouldn't hate anyone for being gay, but as Christians, we need to stand up for what we believe in and what the bible says is right. I have friends that are gay, and I love them and respect them, but I know its wrong and would never vote for gay marriage.

@It is their choice and we shouldn't hate anyone for being gay, but as Christians, we need to stand up for what we...

just out of curiosity, do your friends know that you would vote against their rights? because if i were one of them i dont think id want to be friends with you...

@just out of curiosity, do your friends know that you would vote against their rights? because if i were one of them...

I would like to add that I am a straight Christian who would never THINK of invading upon homosexual rights. It doesn't affect me, so I should keep my nose out of it. After all, isn't it God who should be the only one to judge? This is only MY opinion, though.

Haha this funny who the fuck cares

There should be a legal civil union for all people, gay straight or whatever. You should be able to have a civil union with whomever you want. Then, if you want to be married in a Church or whatever house of worship you choose, find one to marry you.

I honestly done understand why so many people are against gay marriage. I am not a christian and i dont have any problem with christianity, but honesltly, those of you who believe that christianity is a sin are ridiculous and ignorant. Do you honestly believe that you are superior to someone just because you are straight? does this mean that women should no longer have any rights, because thats how it used to be. these are modern times. slavery no longer exists. women have gained rights, so why cant people who fall under the catagory of lgbtq?

God made Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve. Marriage is for a man and a woman to share together, nothing otherwise, in my opinion. Sure, all people should have the same rights, but being "gay" isn't a race like being Black or Asian. It's not racist to say gay marriage shouldn't be allowed. Even if it doesn't affect me that gay people can be legally married, it's still wrong in God's eyes and it defeats the purpose of a relationship.

@Texashick God made Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve. Marriage is for a man and a woman to share together, nothing otherwise...

Not everyone subscribes to your religion. Not everyone cares, either.
Telling someone they can't get married because of your religion is exactly like telling them they can't eat a donut because you're on a diet.

the Killers clearly taught us that there is a difference between being "Humans" and "Dancers" and a lot of gay people like to dance we should have different rights

As all Christians should believe...NO WAY

@As all Christians should believe...NO WAY

And this is what I hate about Christianity. How can you say gay marriage is bad? Yet, in the Middle Ages/Renaissance, it was perfectly okay to kill thousands of people in the name of God.

@Katffro And this is what I hate about Christianity. How can you say gay marriage is bad? Yet, in the Middle...

According to Christians, gay "marriage" is bad because marriage is a God ordained institution to unite a man and a woman together for life. Gay "marriage" then is not really marriage to Christians, but a sin and perversion of God's original intentions.

Also, please do not commit the part-to-whole fallacy. Just because some Christians thought that the Crusaders were OK doesn't mean that all Christians do. The vast majority of Christians do not believe that the Crusaders were acceptable. The Crusaders were murder under the guise of Christianity and were certainly not right.

Marriage is a religious union, that is recognized by the government, not a legal union often performed in a church.
Different terminology (for something bestowing similar rights), would remove a lot of the resistance. Due to the fact that you insist using a religious term, for something that is forbidden in a certain major religion, this becomes a more pronounced religious conflict. Many (but not all) Christians already have issue with homosexuality, this is like an extra slap in the face.

You also don't seem to realize that the Churches today, and then, are hardly the same thing. The name marks them as the same, but none of the same people are involved, and many rules and teachings are different.

The Christians weren't the one doing the killing, they were being killed because they would rather die than deny Christ. Gay marriage is BAD, and wrong before God.

God made man a WOMEN to further his plan of creation...How exactly does a man and a man help with that

@BiteMe Marriage is a symbol of love, not of having kids.

Marriage is not a symbol of love. It is an institution. If you want a symbol of love, go get a heart necklace or something, marriage is a sacred institution with certain rules and parameters.

@God made man a WOMEN to further his plan of creation...How exactly does a man and a man help with that

how can you deny two people that love each other? plus it's not like you can choose if your gay or straight.

In saying that you have also said a woman is to make me sammiches cause God made her for ME.

Anonymous