happylooksgoodonyous avatar Food & Drink
18 76
@347888

hey guess what, in Australia drive thrus are upside down

@sara24 hey guess what, in Australia drive thrus are upside down

And in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people.

@466328

Australia's nicknamed "The Land own Under", so it's making a joke saying it's upside down.

mlpanda13s avatar mlpanda13 Yeah You Are 0Reply
@466328

some people are quite dim on this site
its called general knowledge

@347888

i dont get it? explain please?

@361556

It's true. That's how the drive thrus look over here. I'm not in England, I'm in NZ but they're the same.

@Kaitlyn It's true. That's how the drive thrus look over here. I'm not in England, I'm in NZ but they're the same.

New Zealand! Me too! In my opinion, it is the Americans that have it backwards, Brits and Kiwis do it the right way.

@New Zealand! Me too! In my opinion, it is the Americans that have it backwards, Brits and Kiwis do it the right way.

(Dice.in.a.can): Oh my gosh! I can't believe there's another person from NZ on here! And I so agree with that :)

(Dice.in.a.can): dont forget the aussies
backwards americans
the animals on the aus coat of arms cannot physically go backwards so we must be going forward

@361556

How do you order food?
Where I live, (not in England) We choose what we want, then pick it up.If you do that backwards, then you pick food up then order, which doesn't make sense.

For the love of all that is Holy, JUST LOOK AT ANTHONY'S DIAGRAM.

It's depressing that this many people must ask how they are backwards.

LittleMexicos avatar LittleMexico Yeah You Are +9Reply

People make funny things un-funny. Very quickly sometimes.

They go clock-wise in England, amirite?

Rockys avatar Rocky Yeah You Are +7Reply

no, they are backwards in the states, they are the correct way in the UK.

amiwriters avatar amiwriter Yeah You Are +4Reply

duuuuudde...

Wow, I never really thought about it.

I don't get why people don't grasp the concept after seeing Anthony's diagram, it's not that difficult.

random_usernames avatar random_username Yeah You Are +3Reply

I am in complete shock that so many people got in little arguments over the layout of a fucking drive-thru...

TheSpaceCowboys avatar TheSpaceCowboy Yeah You Are +3Reply

It's really not that hard to get... I don't understand why people need it explained

ali_ds avatar ali_d Yeah You Are +2Reply

This is the kind of thing that makes my brain malfunction trying to fathom it out. I still can't, but I voted up anyway.

baconFESTs avatar baconFEST Yeah You Are +2Reply

No wonder I was so confused; I read "thrus" as "thrus" (short U sound), not "throughs". :S

The poster isn't saying that our drive thrus are correct and your's aren't, there's just no other way to explain this thought.
So just compared to us, your's is backwards...

ultispys avatar ultispy Yeah You Are +1Reply

Neither of them are "backwards" just different ways. England is backwards to the U.S. and vise versa, so they are just different. If that makes any sense.

I suppose... assuming this is only considering the same building and how two different sorts of cars would approach it. There are still other options.

thanks for stating the obvious...wtf lame

Maybe it's just my conditioning, but to me it always seemed counter-intuitive to drive forward on the left side of the road. I've always suspected that the road planners (or car designers, depending on how you look at it) in such countries were left handed.

@SalientK Maybe it's just my conditioning, but to me it always seemed counter-intuitive to drive forward on the left side of...

It actually goes way back to the time when transportation was horses. They held their lance or sword or whatever in their right hand, and had to ride on the left. Get it? People are right in saying that driving in Canada/USA is opposite.

@twisted_memories It actually goes way back to the time when transportation was horses. They held their lance or sword or whatever in...

But transportation is no longer horses. It doesn't seem to make sense to adapt the ways of old technology to the ways of newer technology. That doesn't take advantage of the newer technology to its greatest extent.

Then again, I guess we do that all the time. Like how we're still using the QWERTY keyboard layout that was designed to slow typists down and not jam up typewriters. It's the same logic, and likewise, it doesn't exactly make sense.

@SalientK But transportation is no longer horses. It doesn't seem to make sense to adapt the ways of old technology to the...

It's just the origin. I don't think it's any more of an advantage to drive on either side, so it's weird to me the way it is on this side of the world.

But you do have the option to change your keyboard if you like.

Well. Not technically backwards but just mirrored.

Whoa, that would feel so weird! Hahahaha

cmonsters avatar cmonster Yeah You Are 0Reply

There's no reason they need to be backwards. The drive through lane just needs to be to the left of the building instead of to the right.

@361701

Define 'backwards' in terms of drive throughs, then. Either way, you get to the window where you pay before the window where you get the food, if it's a two-window setup. Nothing is backwards. Opposite, maybe, but not backwards.

@362063

The first time I read it, I actually thought the poster meant that the people drive in reverse through the drive-thru. I feel stupid for apparently being the only person to see it this way.

@Oh fuck you. It's backwarsds, don't get all "everything is relative" on us

No, fuck you for not being able to accept that people will disagree. There's nothing backwards about it anyway. And if you're going to call yourself a grammar Nazi, you probably shouldn't have mistakes in your comment.

@Whutsurnaym You're cussing someone out over the layout of a drive-thru.

Now see, if you actually looked at the comment I was replying to, you'd see that they said "fuck you" to me first.

@Now see, if you actually looked at the comment I was replying to, you'd see that they said "fuck you" to me first.

Ahh, the old "he started it" situation. It's called NOT ARGUING ABOUT STUPID THINGS. :D

Whutsurnayms avatar Whutsurnaym Yeah You Are +2Reply

Mind. Blown.

@Mind. Blown.

go back to mlia.

@go back to mlia.

ahahahahahaha soo true, good god i just cracked up. they say that so often over there it makes me want to die

I find this simple logic a little retarded. Until the car has to reverse it or go to the food window then order window it can never be backwards.

The direction of the road is correct, the building is set for use with road, car has a front and back that work accordingly.

This is like saying if you order from a drive thru in a different street you are driving backwards sideways upward etc as the road is point differently in accordance with the world.

As long as you are not driving an imported car to show off you wont have trouble with this simple set up.

@466026

You can't say something like this without starting a controversy anyways.

@466134

But there will always be one person who disagrees.

@466146

Many people agreeing doesn't mean it's right.

@466146

I didn't say you were wrong...

I live and the US and some of you people from the us are being fucking retarted

England doesnt really have drive thrus.... :(

Why did this get on the home page? It's not even that funny

Anonymous