+149

How is screamo music? You can't understand a word they say half the time, amirite?

RiddlesAreHards avatar Music
2 31
The voters have decided that RiddlesAreHard is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Well I personally don't listen to much screamo, but it's kind of ducked up to say it's not music. Maybe we just can't grasp the concept.

I listen to rap music, so I know what it feels like to hear people say "that's not music". It really posses me off sometimes, but I've gotten used to it. In the end, the people who really enjoy the genre won't care if anyone else thinks that it is music or not. Who are we to judge what is and is not art?

Some of the breakdowns in Screamo make me jizz....

But there isn't anything wrong with that though.

I don't even listen to Screamo but I still understand what they're saying. It's not hard.

yeah, if you LISTEN to it you can understand it, andd i always listen to it when i don't want to think, so i don't really try to understand the words.

"How is rap music? You can't understand a word they say half the time, amirite?"

Screamo is quite hard to understand at times but it is still definetly music! do you really have to understand some things to enjoy them? if screamo isnt music neither is rap..

Is your definition of music "Stuff that I can easily understand and comprehend"? If so, you're right; if not, you're wrong. That's the beauty of music; it's interpreted a different way by everyone.

you cant understand rap or foreign songs either

@sara24 you cant understand rap or foreign songs either

You can't understand foreign songs because you don't know the language, and I don't consider rap music--to me it's just talking really fast to a beat.

It's so easy to understand rap, and I hate foreign songs anyways.

You actually can, it's just something you learn after years of listening to it. i love it :)

I don't like it much, but it's music. And understanding words doesn't make it a song, it's the music that does.

I enjoy both screamo and rap but screamo is my favorite of the two.

It's still better than a black guy rapping about money and bitches. You don't focus on the vocals mostly anyway, it's the guitar thats amazing. PS. I hate most screamo and it is Shit. But the stuff I listen to is epic. Still, rap and pop are the Lowest forms of music, I consider someone slapping their dick against their belly more musical than pathetic rap.

such a weak argument. classical and instrumental music without words at all is music nonetheless. there's so much more to music than words and vocals; it's about expressing emotions.

technically the music part is the instruments so no, the actual vocals aren't music, they're VOCALS

True, but it's something different to listen to.

i like sreamo not because i can understand it but because the music is awesome..people like rap because it has good beats...whether you understand it or not.. its music

to the people who are saying you have to listen to screamo to understand it, how do you not listen to music? i mean do you understand it more by muting it? i have nothing against screamo, its a unique style, and although i have to look up the lyrics everytime i listen to it, they have some very talented musicians. biggest problem is most screamo bands sound EXACTLY THE SAME, while the genre is unique itself, bands all do the same songs.

@to the people who are saying you have to listen to screamo to understand it, how do you not listen to music? i mean...

Bull shit it doesn't sound exactly the same take some time and listen the aspects of the music

does understanding words define good music? obviously nou can understand the lyrics in friday by rebecca blackthat doesnt make it a good song :/ amirite?

Without the music in the background, they are just talking. So, it is OK when you don't understand the words. The problem is when you can't hear the music.

random creepy dude.....

I like Screamo music, but I hate Screamo singing. The singing is the only thing keeping me away from the genre.

not, u can understand; black, that* lol srry

i mean, u can understand Friday by Rebecca black right?

So yeah.......that doesn't make it a good song though. lol srry i made4 comments, i didnt feel comfortable with my first comment, to many grammar mistakes. :/

Vocals are considered an instrument so your argument is invalid.