+504

White people living in Africa is not considered the same as black people living in America, even though it's the same principle, amirite?

Hullabaloos avatar
1 13
The voters have decided that Hullabaloo is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Well, america is so diverse that its not even close the same thing

It's not really the same principle. Blacks live in America because they were forcibly brought here. Whites live in Africa because they voluntarily went...(for the most part)

@It's not really the same principle. Blacks live in America because they were forcibly brought here. Whites live in...

I know you said "for the most part" but, just putting it out there, not EVERY African country was conquered/colonized/part of the slave trade (cough, cough, Ethiopia, cough) and has families who were brought here so long ago that they don't even look African anymore, just Black. I'm a first generation Ethiopian-American and my parents came here by choice for education...and then just ended up staying...Just saying.

No, but a lot of the countries were not only conquered but sucked dry by the Europeans, so even if people wanted to go there, they still couldn't, because the land is inhospitable. And this is still going on to this day by not only Europeans, but also with Americans.

Also, during WWII, Italy had technically, "conquered" Ethiopia for 3 - 5 years? Not sure, but because technically, "England" helped them by coming in last minute and kicking out the Italians, they ended up using it as an opportunity to separate Eritrea AND steal a bunch of natural resources and created turmoil and war in the country. So even though Ethiopia was never officially colonized, it still suffers the consequences of a colonized nation.

OMG i was just thinking about this the other day.

You can be african-american without being black.

@You can be african-american without being black.

That's the most irrelevant thing I've read today

There are white Africans in Africa, not everyone born there is black.

Ok America is a very diverse country. So you can find pretty much every race here. I mean there are areas full of asians or blacks, etc etc...but its nothing to compare to Africa.
There are whites there, and you're right...seeing one is a lot different than seeing a black in America.
But this post makes me, as a black, feel uncomfortable because people think its odd...

I was born in south africa and im white. I consider myself an African.

You are so ignorant. You can make the comparison of whites in america also because who was here first? The NATIVE Americans. So white people can go back to Europe whenever they would like too.