+638

Romeo and Juliet should not be considered the greatest love story of all time. Their "love" was really just infatuation. The real love stories are the ones that happen every day between people whose lives will remain unknown to the majority of the world, amirite?

Your_Average_Zebras avatar
10 19
The voters have decided that Your_Average_Zebra is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

wow... our class got yelled at everyday for saying that! funny... plus friar lawence should condense what he has to say, amirite?

I thought you were going to mention something about the poison and the suicide, but I guess all that bullshit about the difference between infatuation and love also works...

@I thought you were going to mention something about the poison and the suicide, but I guess all that bullshit...

Oh yea... Well, I guess if you actually are in love, you would possibly commit suicide and all that other stuff that happened.

But, I just meant that they each thought the other was hot and had a bit of a teenage rebellion that went too far.

What does true love feel like? And how do I really know that this is love and not infatuation? You guys seem so experienced.....

You know what's even worse? Some people consider Lolita to be the greatest love story of the 20th century. That's a little disturbing.

I agree!
We just read/watched Romeo and Juliet in class, and the whole entire time I was shouting in my head 'YOU'RE NOT IN LOVE!'

Although my English teacher said back then you weren't expected to live as long, and there weren't as many choices for mates, so they probably just figured they were in love.

Ah, friar Laurence. I actually have to perform Romeo and Juliet tomorrow, and I'm Laurence.
And it's true. romeo was a horny little teenager, ne second he's trying to get with Rosaline, the next he's drooling over Juliet. And am I the only one that thinks it's wierd juliet's only 13?

I always kind of liked the fact that they weren't completely in love- it makes the ending all the more powerful. They weren't passionately in love, they were passionately trying to break that hate between their families.

I think Romeo's a twit and I can't understand why people think he's great. I don't even really understand why Juliet liked him.
And I agree with Murkrow, Romeo liked Rosaline, then all of a sudden he sees this girl and falls in love with her based on sight?
And I think it's weird Juliet's thirteen, too. Dx

my biggest problem with romeo and juliet was the suicide. in my opinion, its way more romantic to live on for someone than to die to be with them, like rose in titanic who lives on because thats what jack wanted (im kind of a sap and love that movie)

Actually, not that long ago, I wrote an essay for my English class about how I didn't think that Romeo and Juliet were in love. I thought they were just being horny teenagers (I didn't say it like that in my paper). It's next to impossible to fall in love with someone over the course of the 3 days or however long they were together before they died.

MY 8 REASONS WHY JULIET AND ROMEO SHOULDN'T HAVE MARRIED

1 At the point of this decision she hadn't seen him more than 3 times!

2 He is kinda a creep to ask her to kiss him we they just met

3 SHE IS 14

4 She has no plans of the future what so ever except the fanciful idea of Happily Ever After with Romeo!

5 YOU JUST MET HIM JULIET! (there is no such thing as TRUE love at first sight!)

6 THEY ARE BOTH TO YOUNG AND DONT THINK OVER THINGS WELL (NOT thinking over things and acting on impulse is imature)

7 THE ONLY REASON ROMEO LIKES JULIET IS THAT SHE IS PRETTY!

8 HE JUST COMPLETELY FORGOT ABOUT THE GIRL HE PREVIOUSLY LOVED WHAT DOES THAT SAY ABOUT HIM!

.....it's a tragedy actually

@353844

I know, that's why it was a tragedy