+274

When you get an average score on a test and you say to your parents that actually you are with the highest score 'cause all the other kids failed at the test, your parents say that they don't care about other kids' grades. But when you get a high score, they always ask you if you are the only one or everybody did good like you. amirite?

FlamesToDusts avatar Life
7 11
The voters have decided that FlamesToDust is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

*well

why would your parents care about what other kids got? surely if you got good or even average grades, if thats your very best (to quote a cliche) who gives a damn what the others got?

@penelope why would your parents care about what other kids got? surely if you got good or even average grades, if thats your...

If only, if only. Some parents have this thing about how their child is the best, so if there is any mention that somehow their child didn't do well/perfectly (as in an average score) or someone else did better (as in getting 1% higher on a test), they get furious with their child.

Wynauts avatar Wynaut Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Wynaut If only, if only. Some parents have this thing about how their child is the best, so if there is any mention that...

thats really sad. Parents should be proud of whatever their kids get. im suppose i should be happier with my parents then. at least the only pressure put on me is the pressure i, or my school tbh, put on me. surely one could just say that its not helping to their parents though, or that it only undermined your confidence or whatever?

@penelope thats really sad. Parents should be proud of whatever their kids get. im suppose i should be happier with my...

Yeah, early on it's good to instill the importance of grades, but I'm such a tightly-wound person that I could really frustrated with my parents pressuring me about school. I know I put enough emphasis by myself, yet they seem to miss that. But oh well. Only thing to do about it is live with it and try to keep others from becoming too harsh of parents about that sort of thing.

Wynauts avatar Wynaut Yeah You Are +1Reply
@Wynaut Yeah, early on it's good to instill the importance of grades, but I'm such a tightly-wound person that I could...

yeah. i see what you mean. different things work for different people and all that. I suppose it just means they want the best for you and think your capable of being the best.

@penelope yeah. i see what you mean. different things work for different people and all that. I suppose it just means they...

And nothing is wrong with that. Wanting the best for your child and believing in the is wonderful. Telling them how disappointed you are when they aren't the best however...