+462

Its bad that loads of celebrities are doing 'telethons' for Haiti and getting loads of publicity, whereas doctors and nurses and surgeons are VOLUNTEERING to go there and are getting no public recognition, lets give them a medal, amirite?

AgaDoos avatar
5 8
The voters have decided that AgaDoo is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I feel sad that this wasn't home paged earlier!

sassypieanns avatar sassypieann Yeah You Are +4Reply

Sure, plebeian volunteers deserve recognition but...

Contrary to popular opinion, most high-profile individuals are good people. They aren't using these charity events to promote themselves, they're doing it to help.

Having a celebrity promote a charity event exponentially increases the amount of money donated. Many celebrities even make large donations out of their own pocket, whether they are part of the charity event or not.

@DanielJames Sure, plebeian volunteers deserve recognition but... Contrary to popular opinion, most high-profile individuals...

Is that why every celebrity that went to an event to help stop poverty in Africa were all given a gift bag worth over $8000 a piece? If they were really trying to help why would they accept something like that?

@DanielJames Link or GTFO.

It was on a show on MTV that was talking about all the free stuff celebrities get. There was a concert helping to raise money for Africa and every celebrity that attended was given a gift bag worth thousands of dollars. I don't have a link because I saw the episode a few years ago. Look it up, they get free stuff every time they go to any party, awards show, etc.

@It was on a show on MTV that was talking about all the free stuff celebrities get. There was a concert helping to...

I know they receive gifts when they attend parties and award shows. Those aren't charity events, though. And I did try looking it up, to no avail. It's your responsibility to provide evidence for your claims.

I just don't get how someone could say, "No Way!" to this!

waterpaynetings avatar waterpayneting Yeah You Are 0Reply
@waterpayneting I just don't get how someone could say, "No Way!" to this!

because doctors dont help people to be famous, celebrities do. thats just the way it is, besides that no one knows any of the doctors and if they got any sort of personal publicity no one would give a fuck who the individual was all we need to know is that a group of doctors are helping