-73

The more they play hard-to-get the more you want them, amirite?

Selly_Ems avatar
2 10
The voters have decided that Selly_Em is wrong! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

No. I refuse to date anyone who likes to play little mind games with me. Be direct. You either like me or not. If I get any hint that a person is uninterested in me I back off even if I later find out they were "just playing hard to get". Life isn't a big teen drama and it's annoying as fuck how some people pretend it is one.

The harder something is to obtain the more we want it just in general.

Lens avatar Len Yeah You Are +1Reply

There's always a threshold. I agree with notmuchnotmuch, fuck wasting time.

scojos avatar scojo No Way +1Reply

I don't want what I can't have. It's a self preservation thing.

this makes me think of Pride and Prejudice...

Depends on my mood. Usually this only applies when I'm in on of my super-seductress flirty moods, like at a party or something. In that case I'm viewing the person as a prize for my own ego and not as an actual human being and those things never last.
If I actually really like someone as a person, have gotten to know them and respect and admire them, then I hate games. I respect the person enough to back off if they're not interested and move on, even if I don't really want to. But if they ARE interested, I want them to be upfront with their feelings about me so I'm not stuck in this constant state of wondering.

Being the person I am and having the experiences I have had, it is VERY difficult to tell between hard to get and actually them not wanting me. So no, it's almost a put-down.

It's pretty intimidating.

Not really. Maybe to a very small extent, but I'm not interested in waiting around for someone. If I get the feeling someone is uninterested, I usually just back off and try to move on.

Sounds like rape.