+442

It's weird/clever how in Harry Potter, if you say Diagon Alley / Knockturn Alley as one word, you get diagonally / nocturnally, amirite?

krystynlees avatar Countries & Places
18 24
The voters have decided that krystynlee is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Yeah, this was cool when I figured it out in fourth grade.

Also, "Erised" from Mirror of Erised is "desire" backwards.

Actually, the entire Mirror of erised inscription backwards reads, "I show not your face but your heart's desire." If you look at the wikipedia page for the spells, you'd be amazed at all the little things, and the crazy latin nonsense that went into almost every magical WORD in the books. I love that shit!

It IS clever, (which was actually half of the Amirite question, so why don't YOU shut up?) and I love that there's a few different things like that in the Harry Potter series, like the Mirror of Erised: Mirror of Desire <3

In norwegian it's "Diagonallmeningen" and "Spindelsmuget", so I never really got why he ended up there..

Icels avatar Icel Yeah You Are +6Reply
@Icel In norwegian it's "Diagonallmeningen" and "Spindelsmuget", so I never really got why he ended up there..

I have now found the two funniest things to say ever. Diagonallmeningen, and Spindelsmuget.

Isn't Diagon Alley named because it runs diagonally, and Knockturn Alley named because it's frequented by the type of wizard who acts nocturnally?

When I first realised that, my mind had spontaneously combusted.
It was pretty clever.

Ha, I never really thought about that. Mirror of Erised I figured out though

That's clearly done on purpose, and not coincidental.

@A7X That's clearly done on purpose, and not coincidental.

The post says that it's clever, not that it's a coincidence. >_>;

@Butts The post says that it's clever, not that it's a coincidence. >_>;

It also says it's weird. Which it isn't because it's done on purpose. It isn't even clever. SO SHUT UP!

@A7X It also says it's weird. Which it isn't because it's done on purpose. It isn't even clever. SO SHUT UP!

Well when I realized this, my reaction was "Whoa! weird! I never noticed that!"

OFrabjousDays avatar OFrabjousDay Yeah You Are +1Reply
@Someone fails.

Well excuse me for paying more attention to the plot than the structure of words.

OFrabjousDays avatar OFrabjousDay Yeah You Are +7Reply
@1202338

Go back to MLIA.

mind blown...I can't believe I haven't noticed that.

allwaswells avatar allwaswell Yeah You Are 0Reply

Diagon Alley just sounds stupid.