-81

You think of numbers and letters in specific colors, amirite?

manderboos avatar
2 35
The voters have decided that manderboo is wrong! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

you have synesthesia!

@you have synesthesia!

I was gonna say that! I You're really lucky, I've always wanted that.

@rapemasterflex I was gonna say that! I You're really lucky, I've always wanted that.

same here! i have wanted it since i read about ti in a book called "the name of this book is secret" it sounded so cool! i think my friend has a weird version of it because she just looks at things and says what gender they are. like 2 is a girl well 8 is a boy kind of thing.

@Bethanytheravenclaw same here! i have wanted it since i read about ti in a book called "the name of this book is secret" it sounded so...

No no, 8 is a girl and two is a boy. And 8 has an obsession with pink and glitter and feathers, and two likes sports, especially swimming.

FlyingGuineaPigs avatar FlyingGuineaPig Yeah You Are +4Reply
@you have synesthesia!

That sounds so cool, but scary at the same time. Sometimes you can taste sounds. One time I read about a girl who said her principal's voice tasted like peanut butter.

@manderboo what does that mean?

I learned about it in psychology. It means that the sensory part of your brain has crossed different senses. Some people will "feel' music or "taste" words. in your case, numbers and letters are colored.

@FlashDelirium How do you feel music?

Your body gets confused about what sense it's using, so (I think) it sends the signal of you hearing the music to the feeling part of your brain, so you think you're feeling it...
My friend has the same thing as you, she gets words confused if they have the same color pattern as each other.

@Your body gets confused about what sense it's using, so (I think) it sends the signal of you hearing the music to...

Yep, you're right. The signals are crossed so when you are experiencing one sense another gets mixed in as well.

@FlashDelirium How do you feel music?

I can see music. It's awesome... I once painted a picture for the song "Day Tripper".

@Inamorata I can see music. It's awesome... I once painted a picture for the song "Day Tripper".

That's really cool. What did you paint? Also, I love The Beatles, so I'm extremely jealous. Haha :)

@FlashDelirium That's really cool. What did you paint? Also, I love The Beatles, so I'm extremely jealous. Haha :)

It wasn't really a "what". It was more an abstract mix of colors that I associate with certain sounds, but it ended up looking really cool.

@FlashDelirium Oh, yeah, I see what you mean. Did you paint to any other songs?

I tried Norwegian Wood once, but I often associate slower songs like that with earthy tones, so it wasn't as bright as Day Tripper. The Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds one i did was pretty trippy, though.

@FlashDelirium Wow, that's really awesome. I wish I had something like that. :)

I don't know if it's the same thing (I always thought I just had a vivid imagination). It's never gotten in the way, though, but sometimes I associate people's voices with different animals, even if they don't sound like that animal. It's not vision or taste or anything... It's only happened with sounds.

1: red
2: blue
3: red
4: purple
5: lime green
6: red
7: yellow
8: purple
9: reddish brown
10: green

sunday: red and white...like a candy cane
monday: red
tuesday: green
wednesday: yellow
thursday: blue
friday: purple
saturday: red

I also have colors for all the alphabet, but it's too much to type out.

There's a book about a girl who was like that.
I think I was called A Mango Shaped Space.

@ThisBlackChick There's a book about a girl who was like that. I think I was called A Mango Shaped Space.

URGENT ANY SYNESTHETES: in a mango-shaped space, the girl gets acupuncture and has these incredible responses in which each person has their color's haze around them, and they leave traces of their color wherever they go. Also, she can see emotional attachments between people, because their colors will shoot in darts at the other person. It this fictitious? (it sounds like it is, but you never know!) Has anyone tried acupuncture?? thanks(:

@855107

AHHHHH me too!!(: when things are unorganized, all of the colors get hazy and i cant think straight!

I always see different music notes as colors. For example: an E on treble clef is yellow.

@855237

OMG you too???? And YES, 4 IS purple! My favorite number by color is 72, because 7 is teal and 2 is blue, but by taste I like 252, because 2 tastes icy and 5 is lemon.

FlyingGuineaPigs avatar FlyingGuineaPig Yeah You Are +5Reply

Not numbers or letters but I do do that to days of the week.

I'm kind of like that sometimes... Like I can think of the numbers/letters/etc and they'll always be the same color whenever I think of them, but then when I start paying attention and try to identify the color I can't. :/