+445

It's a shame that most so-called Christians don't act like they should, therefore making the real Christians (people who believe in John 3:16 and live for Jesus Christ) get persecuted by the people who hate the fake type of Christians, amirite?

Relationships
3 21

You have heard that it was said, "Love your neighbor and hate your enemy." But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? And if you greet only your brothers, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect. - Matthew 5:43-48

@tara You have heard that it was said, "Love your neighbor and hate your enemy." But I tell you: Love your enemies and...

I 100% agree with you and we just talked about this stuff in church today. and the true, not screwed up definition of Christian=Disciple. Christians are people who act like Jesus and want to live their lives for Him. Believing in Him isn't just going to church every so often and just believing in his actions, but also acting like Him, living out your life for Him, and spreading the TRUE word- being a disciple.

It never once states anywhere in the Bible to hate your enemy. You should always pray for them because when Jesus was on the torture stake, a criminal next to him asked him to remember him in paradise. Jesus stated that he would be there too. Even when he was dying, Jesus never hated anyone because he always loved his neighbors just as Jehovah wants.

@It never once states anywhere in the Bible to hate your enemy. You should always pray for them because when Jesus...

The verse doesn't say that it was heard from the Bible, just general teachings from that time, or so I believe anyway.

Most are actually good people. We should accept all people. And encourage them not tear them down.

let's not start a religious argument here, k?
last time i tried, it got really messy and no one won.

Let's all just agree that you can't judge a whole group for one person's mistake.

I am Christian. I was practically raised in a church. But I cannot stand when people bring religion into everything. I believe in God but that doesn't mean once in a while I can't do something stupid or crazy. And I must say, where are all these people who are being judged for being a Christian? No one has ever said anything to me about it. They respect my beliefs just as I respect theirs. And I'm kinda getting tired of so many religious posts.

@I am Christian. I was practically raised in a church. But I cannot stand when people bring religion into...

Then why don't you just ignore the problem? Since, according to you, no Christians are persecuted. And Christianity should not be taken as a religion. It is a personal relationship between yourself and Jesus Christ. Just because you were practically raised in church doesn't mean anything. No, Christianity doesn't mean that you can't or won't do anything stupid or crazy, only that you have the choice and that it would be better if you did't do something stupid.

so you're saying its wrong for christians to be open minded? And you're judging them because they are not restricting their lives for JC

@so you're saying its wrong for christians to be open minded? And you're judging them because they are not...

Be open-minded, but not so open-minded your brain falls out. You're supposed to restrict your life for Jesus. As a Christian, there are some things God says to do and not to do.

@Welp, I am sure thats working for you dandy

It really is. Where's YOUR open mind?

@It really is. Where's YOUR open mind?

I actually wasn't being sarcastic there. It works for you, nice. I am just saying that not everyone see that way.

It's all rubbish anyway. Jesus is just some poor, confused Jewish boy. Haven't you people read the actual translations? Or even seen what the old testament says? If Jesus was the Messiah, then when he walked down Mt. Olive the dead would have risen. Woops! There's one inaccuracy. Not to mention the mistranslations like the whole walking on water and born of a virgin thing. Turns out he was born of a young woman who, yes, HAD SEX! Also, the actual translation states that he walked by the water, not on it. I can do that too, does not make me a prophet.

@sabachthani you're jewish aren't you?

Born and bred gorgeous ;) Doesn't mean I put much faith in the religion's claims, just attached to the culture and traditions.

It's all stupid anyways. You still beleive in things that have been proven wrong. If there is a God, I think he'd be a more leniant God who would let you into heaven as long as you are a good person. If it was a wrathful old testament God, then everyone is screwed.

@It's all stupid anyways. You still beleive in things that have been proven wrong. If there is a God, I think he'd...

Wow, you proved there isn't a God? Weird I haven't heard about this proof yet. You should put it on wikipedia or something.

I think I speak for a lot of people on here when I say - Who cares? Really? Get over yourself.

@Luxor I think I speak for a lot of people on here when I say - Who cares? Really? Get over yourself.

Maybe you don't care because you're not the one who's being hated for your belief. But there are christians who actually try to do what Jesus told us to do, and we're being hated by people who judge us because of the bad things other christians have done in the past.