+697

Schools are banning the most ridiculous and petty things nowadays, amirite?

PurpleKneeSoxs avatar
13 239
The voters have decided that PurpleKneeSox is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

we can't wear anything with a smiley face on it...
they think it's a gang sign.

@OliveYou we can't wear anything with a smiley face on it... they think it's a gang sign.

OMG, I laughed too! I would get a smiley face henna tattoo on my face or hand or somewhere obvious, and if the school said anything to me, I'd yell "IT'S FOR MY FALLEN HOMIES!"

LittleReds avatar LittleRed Yeah You Are +55Reply

At my school, they suspended a kid for flashing his friend the peace sign, because they thought it was a gang sign. ridiculous.

Hugging. And high fives.
Not at my school specifically, but at others.

annikarosees avatar annikarosee Yeah You Are +75Reply
@annikarosee Hugging. And high fives. Not at my school specifically, but at others.

yup, my school bans PDA, once my bf got caught, but luckly he only got a warning, we werent sent to the office.

Nesss avatar Ness Yeah You Are +5Reply
@annikarosee Most schools have a rule against PDA. Mine just doesn't enforce it.

ares does but some just dont care. others do madly. but im in middle school. in high school you can like do anything.

Nesss avatar Ness Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Ness ares does but some just dont care. others do madly. but im in middle school. in high school you can like do anything.

Oh, yeah, when I was in middle school I'd get yelled at for hugging guys. Now people blatantly make out in the halls and it's cool.

annikarosees avatar annikarosee Yeah You Are 0Reply

We can't dance in the halls. =/ Guess what I did when no one was watching?

Took a hit from a bong.

Pokemon cards got banned at my primary school back in the day :(

@LastOneStanding Pokemon cards got banned at my primary school back in the day :(

Yeah pokemon cards, yugio cards, and pretty much any other card was banned at my school today too.

Nicole_Anonymouss avatar Nicole_Anonymous Yeah You Are +11Reply

they banned candy canes at one school because people could apparently "sharpen the ends into a little blade and stab someone"

@crazyllamas Wow they could do that with a pencil....?

probably not with your mouth like you can with a candy cane though.
937464 (lkro): When my friends and i learned of this we actually tried sharpening them and they did get really really sharp. I managed to stab my self in the cheek and did start bleeding from it.

@nantsingonyama they banned candy canes at one school because people could apparently "sharpen the ends into a little blade and...

Why don't they just ban pens and pencils? Can't those be used for the same purpose? It's ridiculous what they ban.....

@Crossfire3220 Why don't they just ban pens and pencils? Can't those be used for the same purpose? It's ridiculous what they ban.....

At our middle school a group of kids went around stabbing other kids in the halls with pens and pencils. From a high school perspective it was almost comical.

annikarosees avatar annikarosee Yeah You Are +17Reply

I laughed so hard when I read this. On an unrelated note, I did a glow in the dark painting a couple months ago using that simba same exact pic as my model. Weird, huh?

LittleReds avatar LittleRed Yeah You Are +7Reply

At my school we're not allowed to wear tank tops. The reason our vice principal gave us? "If a boy see's a girls shoulders, he may get distracted and run into something and the school would be liable."

Me and my friend were selling Christmas grams for starving children in West Africa. The school suspended us because we were selling "suspicious items" and "promoting religious values." How ridiculous. Not Christian grams, Christmas. Like with Santa. Not the nativity scenes. And they were freaking CANDY canes, not COcaine. Some people need to chill out.

At my school, they banned bandanas because they are a gang symbol and they can be used as a weapon. So my argument is this: "well technically, my shirt could be a weapon, I could take it off and choke someone. My pants could be a weapon too, I could restrain someone in them. Does that mean I have to come to school naked?"

Ellens avatar Ellen Yeah You Are +35Reply

Silly bands got banned at my sister's school

@fatima Silly bands got banned at my sister's school

Same here but we're in junior high. 7th to 9th grade. The principal thought it was for sex favors. I think she was the dirty one in that situation.

um why
i'm pretty sure we don't have anything banned not even any clothing

@danilol um why i'm pretty sure we don't have anything banned not even any clothing

so I could show up in a stripper outfit and they'd be cool with it?

@fatima so I could show up in a stripper outfit and they'd be cool with it?

basically yeah there's no dress code u just cant bring weapons

i <3 boobies braclets are a no-no

@Constance i <3 boobies braclets are a no-no

WHAT?!?!???!?!?????!!!!!!!!!!????

SEXY_BEASTs avatar SEXY_BEAST Yeah You Are +14Reply

SAME HERE! We flip the bracelets inside out ;)

Same at my school. We get them taken away if we wear them

but those bracelets are supporting the cure to breast cancer! what the hell is WRONG with them?!

No hair dye, no lip rings, no nose rings,no bright colored make up, no "ridiculous" hair styles, no more than 2 ear piercings, nothing revealing shoulders-thats my school thanks to our new assistant principal. We even had this one girl who dressed exactly like she came out of a magazine. It wasn't inappropriate. It wasn't bad or anything but they said it was to "distracting" for her to wear to school.

Nicole_Anonymouss avatar Nicole_Anonymous Yeah You Are +28Reply
@Nicole_Anonymous No hair dye, no lip rings, no nose rings,no bright colored make up, no "ridiculous" hair styles, no more than 2 ear...

A few questions/comments...
1. What qualifies as a "ridiculous" hairstyle
2. Do you mean no actual hair dye or no dying your hair? How could they tell it was dyed?
3. The piercing thing- that's ridiculous. What if it's your religion/culture?

LittleReds avatar LittleRed Yeah You Are +17Reply
@LittleRed A few questions/comments... 1. What qualifies as a "ridiculous" hairstyle 2. Do you mean no actual hair dye or no...

read my other comment to define "ridiculous". Like if you have brown hair then come to school the next day with like red or something they'll make you change it and if you put like blue or pink or even bright red in your hair you have to be in iss until you get it out. Also they said school is not a place for religion so and that its "distracting". So you can't have it. If you don't take them out the suspend you everyday you come back with them still in.

Nicole_Anonymouss avatar Nicole_Anonymous Yeah You Are +13Reply
LittleReds avatar LittleRed Yeah You Are +20Reply
@LittleRed That's so harsh! Why can't school just focus on your education and not how you look.

I know! Its like what the hell happen to freedom of expression or whatever??

@Nicole_Anonymous read my other comment to define "ridiculous". Like if you have brown hair then come to school the next day with...

That's dumb. "school isn't a place for religion," is a gross misinterpretation of separation of religion and state.

Sqwanchos avatar Sqwancho Yeah You Are +5Reply
@Sqwancho That's dumb. "school isn't a place for religion," is a gross misinterpretation of separation of religion and state.

I know my principal is stupid. A whole bunch of kids used to do a prayer circle every morning and my principal got them in trouble! Now they only do it occasionally.

@Nicole_Anonymous I know my principal is stupid. A whole bunch of kids used to do a prayer circle every morning and my principal got...

If it's not being enforced by teachers or other administrators then there is no way (if in the United States) that they could legally prohibit that.

Sqwanchos avatar Sqwancho Yeah You Are 0Reply

The whole school isn't about religion thing is bullshit. ALL the teachers in my school are always going on about how God gave them their job and crap, but the second I mention I'm agnostic I get yelled at. :/ They shouldn't even care about stuff like that.

KingCrobats avatar KingCrobat Yeah You Are 0Reply
@KingCrobat The whole school isn't about religion thing is bullshit. ALL the teachers in my school are always going on about...

ok? that's your school not mine. MY school doesn't allow religion at all. Know what you're talking about before you call someone out.

My school doesn't care at all about hair color or style. In fact, every year when the boys swim team wins sectionals, they all dye their hair a color. Last year it was purple and the year before was light blue.

BassClarinetists avatar BassClarinetist Yeah You Are +2Reply
@Retooser Define ridiculous.

like mohawks and really long hair on guys and stuff like that. That's what my assistant principal says anyway.

Nicole_Anonymouss avatar Nicole_Anonymous Yeah You Are +14Reply

i can think of at least one person for each of those descriptions at my school. that must stink :(

how can they ban hairdye? how would they even know if you already had your hair dyed...just keep touching up your roots

riris avatar riri Yeah You Are +10Reply

fuck that shit. i would show up at school with my hair dyed pink, snake bite piercings and piercings all up my ears while wearing a tank top. then when i got suspended, i'd be like "fuck you mother fuckers, this is me."

you have just made me very grateful to my school.

my school just bans PDA, and spaghetti straps, and shorts above your fingertips.

I've got 3 different shirts that I've been told never to wear to school again. They're "a distraction". So apparently a demon on your shirt is distracting but girls having their tits hanging out of their shirt isn't.

armtheangelss avatar armtheangels Yeah You Are +26Reply
@armtheangels I've got 3 different shirts that I've been told never to wear to school again. They're "a distraction". So...

Once, a girls shirt was so low cut and baggy I could see her nipple. And the teacher said nothing. She wasn't in my class though, so it didn't last too long.

@Once, a girls shirt was so low cut and baggy I could see her nipple. And the teacher said nothing. She wasn't in my...

My grade is known as "those slutty retarded freshmen" so that's like a daily thing. And nothing's enforced on it. But between this year and last year I've had 3 different times getting lectured on "how while I might not mind the shirt, some kids are easily frightened".

armtheangelss avatar armtheangels Yeah You Are +3Reply

And that, my friends, is the beauty of college.

@Retooser And that, my friends, is the beauty of college.

Agreed. Most of us just roll out of bed and go to class.

Stepharoos avatar Stepharoo Yeah You Are +11Reply
@Stepharoo Agreed. Most of us just roll out of bed and go to class.

Except for the few who decide to dress up EVERYDAY. It's weird to see a girl with her hair and makeup done up completely in class now.

Sqwanchos avatar Sqwancho Yeah You Are +4Reply

at my cuz's school they aren't allow to wear anything more low cut than three fingers below their collarbone, they have to wear pantyhose or tights with their skirts,they can only wear stud earrings, they can't wear any makeup, they can't have any bracelets, they can't wear any heel at all(one girl came with a one inch heel and she had to change), all shirts have to cover the shoulders and if you have long hair it must always be pulled back....i think it's extreme but it was a private school, so they can make whatever rules they want. oh and no male/female physical contact whatsoever....so glad I don't go there.

riris avatar riri Yeah You Are +26Reply
@mybentobox or an extreme Catholic school

Yeah It's a baptist school, but that's dress code, not what they wear when they get home. they still follow the skirts rule because that's their religion, but the stuff like bracelets and earrings they wear all the time. I guess the school said they could be held liable if the earring tore the girls ear, bracelet flew off and hair someone and your hair can't be down because it might get caught in something

riris avatar riri Yeah You Are +2Reply
@riri at my cuz's school they aren't allow to wear anything more low cut than three fingers below their collarbone, they...

They were the rules for my school, plus more, like no nail polish, no un-natural coloured hair dye, uniform must be to standard at all times and more retarded rules. Nothing says lack of freedom like a private, catholic all girls school

My school has the shirts three fingers from their collarbones rule. So many girls were dresscoded in the first week of school because of it.

@OptimusBeyonce My school has the shirts three fingers from their collarbones rule. So many girls were dresscoded in the first week...

I don't think that the three fingers one would be so bad. I guess they have to set a standard somewhere so boobs aren't hanging out and you could just buy a bunch of tanks to go under stuff.

riris avatar riri Yeah You Are +2Reply
@riri I don't think that the three fingers one would be so bad. I guess they have to set a standard somewhere so boobs...

I didn't think that three fingers was that bad either. But all of the girls in my school threw a fit because it was a new rule, and they all thought it was "unfair".

One teacher is threatening to suspend me for wearing skirts, even though I make sure everything is covered, and I wear shorts under. A girl in her class who wears short shorts goes by unnoticed.

School people are fucked up.

kayawithpigs avatar kayawithpig Yeah You Are +26Reply
@riri how long was the skirt? some schools have rules about the length.

The latest one I got in trouble for passed the "finger test". And my fingers are freakishly long, so that says a lot.

kayawithpigs avatar kayawithpig Yeah You Are 0Reply

my cousin told me at his school that you can't sit in your cars in the morning. like teachers will knock at car windows to make sure nobody is in their in the morning. he told me that at his high school, the principal came from an elementary school about 3 years ago, hired all of his old administration at that elementary school, and basically turned the high school into an elementary school. the student body was planning to make orange t-shirts with the words "Sanderson Penitentiary". they were also planning a sit-in to against the earlier said rule of not sitting in your cars.

@Ross my cousin told me at his school that you can't sit in your cars in the morning. like teachers will knock at car...

Haha my school had a sign outside it saying "___ Presentation college" and because it was a private, catholic all girls school you can imagine all the stupid rules we had. Someone crossed out the "Presentation" in the sign and wrote "Prison" it was there for months : D

Whoa, freaky. That's like the history of my high school. Well, minus the car thing and the t shirt thing. But the elementary principal, hiring teachers, and sit in was DEAD ON. We even made the paper.

LittleReds avatar LittleRed Yeah You Are +4Reply

At my middle school, boys weren't allowed to wear shorts, because summer clothing apparently means we won't work. Girls....well, they didn't need pants at all. My principal was a sexist whore. :(

They're banning yoga pants and thinking about banning sweatpants at my school

Smile_Prettys avatar Smile_Pretty Yeah You Are +23Reply
@annikarosee Why?!

Because yoga pants "cause distractions from learning" or something like that. Because after yoga pants are banned everyone will suddenly do a lot better in school, definitely.

Did they ban purple knee socks?

My school baned bandanas because they thought it was a gang symbol. We only wore our school colors anyway...so I guess my school is a gang. O.o

lovemrhatandclogss avatar lovemrhatandclogs Yeah You Are +23Reply
@lovemrhatandclogs My school baned bandanas because they thought it was a gang symbol. We only wore our school colors anyway...so I...

Same here but for us it got banned because the white kids thought it would be cool to like "gangsta" for a day and put it in their back pockets. Laaame.

I went to Catholic School in middle school, and they banned low cut socks. I kid you not.

@I went to Catholic School in middle school, and they banned low cut socks. I kid you not.

DUDE i got a demerit for that once at my catholic middle school
what did i get demerits for that year? oh yeah
socks
forgetting gym shoes
flicking piece of paper at somebody
forgetting algebra homework
yawn that was "too loud"
all adds up to 5 demerits and one detention y smilie

@LaurenZie Um, why?

I'm not entirely sure, the rule was they had to cover our ankles haha. Also we couldn't wear colored shoes.... Catholic schools are nuts...

Yeah, we're not allowed to wear low cut socks at my Catholic school either. We're also not allowed to wear nail polish, jewellry, make up, heels, or have dyed hair.
There was also a time when my friend got in trouble for wearing a weave O.o

Gosh my catholic school was so not that strict at all. As long as we wore the school uniform it was okay.

KirstenAnns avatar KirstenAnn Yeah You Are 0Reply

My school does not allow us to wear sweatpants or leggings (even under skirts).

Its weird.

My school won't let us have holes in our jeans, not even the little fringe looking stuff on the pockets. It's so damn difficult to buy pants now, since almost every other pair has some sort of hole or fringe on it. It's ridiculous.

I've been told that holding hands makes babies.

_>

PurpleKneeSoxs avatar PurpleKneeSox Yeah You Are +21Reply
@PurpleKneeSox I've been told that holding hands makes babies. _>

Me too! Also, I got in trouble for PDA by my guy friend popping my back after school one day. (You know like when you cross your arms over your chest and they pick you up, and it pops your back?) Yeah. My Gov't teacher told me I might get AIDS from it.

I brought in a bible, silently reading it in class. The teacher came up to me and said to put it away, because it felt distracting. I thought I'd be smart and say 'You are causing a bigger distraction now than I am, sir.' Detention was worth it.

@__________ I brought in a bible, silently reading it in class. The teacher came up to me and said to put it away, because it...

During class i guess they want you to be paying attention not reading. but after or before or after you should be able to I mean it's the BIBLE.

riris avatar riri Yeah You Are +5Reply
@937393

in 5th grade the girls in my class ended up getting pj bottoms banned along with stuffed animals. we all brought our build a bears in and wore pj bottoms to class. but its not like any of those things caused a distraction. we had our stuffed animals on the floor beside our chair its not like we were playing with them in class.

My school banned those naruto headbands. They thought it was a gang

@donpatch My school banned those naruto headbands. They thought it was a gang

My school tried to do that but we just kept wearing them, so the teachers gave up.

My school banned "that's what she said"

in my elementary school we weren't allowed to play red rover, any form of tag, duck duck goose and any games like that. we weren't allowed any form of cards like Pokemon or anything. we were not allowed to wear sweats, tank tops, legging or skinny jeans. there was so many books we couldn't bring to school and so many songs we were not allowed to sing. they were crazy!

@Bethanytheravenclaw it was.

no tag? that's really sad.

riris avatar riri Yeah You Are +5Reply
@riri no tag? that's really sad.

yupp and hide and go seek was banned to. it didn't stop us from playing them we just went as far out in the field as we could with out getting in trouble and played there.

@Bethanytheravenclaw in my elementary school we weren't allowed to play red rover, any form of tag, duck duck goose and any games like...

No duck duck goose!? All right, ban all the dodgeball you want, but take away MY irritating bird game and IT'S ON!

my school banned bedroom slippers O.o

@Ross my school banned bedroom slippers O.o

@937396 (_iUzaki_): @937393 (Homosexualpumpkins): all those are banned at my school too.

My school has everything banned. :/

My school doesn't let you dye your hair an unnatural color. They wouldn't let a girl graduate because she dyed her hair blue

@My school doesn't let you dye your hair an unnatural color. They wouldn't let a girl graduate because she dyed her...

my school suspended my friends sister because she dyed her hair blue and wouldn't let her back in until it was a natural colour again. their excuse was it went against the schools catholic beliefs.

During the day of homecoming, everyone who is in a sport at our school wears their uniform on that day. It's just that thing to do. Well, this year, one teacher decided to send EVERY cheerleader down to the office because their skirts were too short, in his opinion.

1. The skirts were not that short, at all.
2. They all wore spandex under the skirts because they have to anyways.
3. They preform at the pep rally later in the day, the need to be wearinf their uniforms for that.
4. IT WAS A UNIFORM PROVIDED BY THE SCHOOL. OBVIOUSLY IT'S NOT THAT BAD.
Needless to say, it was stupid, but luckily no one was forced to change.

The principal that day also banned the boys' soccer team from wearing rolled up pink bandanas in support of breast cancer because they were "too distracting".

yeahhbuddys avatar yeahhbuddy Yeah You Are +15Reply

I go to an arts school. They ban what they want to, but nobody (including the teachers or the principal) enforce it. Most teachers even let us use our cell phones.
Anything to not limit our creativity.

canadianspunges avatar canadianspunge Yeah You Are +13Reply
@LaurenZie Wow. I need to find a school like that.

Yeah... It's the only school in my city like it. It's because of the humongous range of people that go there, and everybody's so creative and free-thinking =)

canadianspunges avatar canadianspunge Yeah You Are 0Reply
@canadianspunge I go to an arts school. They ban what they want to, but nobody (including the teachers or the principal) enforce...

you are so lucky it is my dream to go to a school for the arts! but there is none around where i live i would most likely have to go to the states to go to a good one.

@canadianspunge I go to one in Canada. It's great! Are you into arts?

yeah i am a drama kid. the preforming arts are like my life. its kind of like how some people get a rush from drugs or doing dangerous things i get that rush from being on stage. also where in Canada?

@Bethanytheravenclaw yeah i am a drama kid. the preforming arts are like my life. its kind of like how some people get a rush from drugs...

The capital, baby!
I'm personally in music, and feel exactly the same way about performing. However I must say most people at the school smoke weed anyways, seeing as it's an arts school and all.

@canadianspunge The capital, baby! I'm personally in music, and feel exactly the same way about performing. However I must say...

yeah thats kind of to be expected. i hate people who claim it helps there creative process. it bugs me. whats the name of the school i kind of want to look it up.

@Bethanytheravenclaw yeah thats kind of to be expected. i hate people who claim it helps there creative process. it bugs me. whats the...

It's called Canterbury.
I don't think it's to be more creative, I think it just goes hand in hand with all the arts.

My school this year started to allow social networking on the computers, iPods and cell phone use, just because we switched principals

Reading all these makes me realize how lucky I am. Poor people :(

In seventh grade, I made a sword for a book report, and I made sure to wrap it up so it wasn't dangerous. It got taken away and I got an F on it.

I_Live_Alones avatar I_Live_Alone Yeah You Are +10Reply

My brother's middle school banned Yu-Gi-Oh cards(I probably didn't spell that right but whatever) and yo-yo's. Apparently the Yu-Gi-Oh club and the Yo-yo club had a battle about which club was better, and someone got attacked by a yo-yo.

Because we are in the process of merging two high schools, we don't really have like a dress code anymore (which can be gross when some people take advantage of it). But we also don't have a cell phone policy anymore.

Elocins avatar Elocin Yeah You Are +9Reply

Wow, that's all pretty insane. o.o
My school hasn't banned anything, really, except for yoga pants. But, I can see why they'd do that, it shows off wayy more than I'd like to see.

for me, there's no shorts allowed, all pants have to be "buisiness formal" (no jeans, cargo pants, leggings or sweatpants), skirts must be below the knee and "formal" (no prints), shoulders must be covered, and we have to wear a collared shirt every day (but not a polo shirt). no make-up allowed, and no high heels, no dying hair, no long hair on guys, all hair that touches the shoulders must be tied up, and no more than one piercing in each ear. i go to a british school. they're strict.

Our school is only bad in some parts.
No holes of fringe in jeans.
No chains, but only me and one other kid wear them, and they're afraid of us, so they won't say anything. Banned trading cards.
my lunch table got in trouble for LOOKING at another table. But they just hated us.
I'm glad my school doesn't have the piercings or hair rules. I'd be fucked.

Our school has a stupid dress code and rules:
1. Everything has to be school color [red, white, navy blue, and royal blue (except pants, which have to be khaki or navy)].
2. Jackets are only permitted when the principal says so.
3. Absolutely NO tennis shoes allowed. They have to be either black or brown, and a bunch of other crap. Basically, everyone has to wear Sperry's.
4. You can't wear your jacket at lunch; you WILL be accused of stealing food.
5. Emblems on shirts are prohibited (unless, of course, it's the school's emblem). Even small, unnoticeable emblems that blend in with the shirt will get you written up.
And a bunch of other crap that I don't feel like writing. Not as bad as some of the stuff already written on here, but still...

Mr_Awesomenesss avatar Mr_Awesomeness Yeah You Are +6Reply

At my middle school, we couldn't wear colored finger nail polish, couldn't wear makeup besides light mascara and blush, couldn't wear dangly earrings, couldn't have more than one peircing, couldn't dye our hair an unnatural color, couldn't wear hair bows other than school colors, couldn't wear any necklace unless it was very simple, only one bracelet, no jackets other than the school one, etc. etc.

All this PLUS a uniform.

broadwaygleeks avatar broadwaygleek Yeah You Are +5Reply
@broadwaygleek At my middle school, we couldn't wear colored finger nail polish, couldn't wear makeup besides light mascara and...

Oh, ANOTHER one. Guys' hair couldn't touch the top of their ears or their collar. One time they got really mad and called the parents to get them a haircut. If the parents couldn't get them, then they cut their hair at school.

And sometimes the teachers brought nail polish and makeup remover to lunch and went around checking everyone and made them take it off....

broadwaygleeks avatar broadwaygleek Yeah You Are +2Reply
Frostehhs avatar Frostehh Yeah You Are +9Reply
@Frostehh The teachers would seriously cut their hair in school? That is definitely ridiculous.

Yes! It was only once, I don't know what made the principal suddenly want to do that... I was in fifth grade at the time so no one was really in trouble whom I knew. But someone came into my classroom asking my teacher to cut hit hair, and she did!

broadwaygleeks avatar broadwaygleek Yeah You Are 0Reply
@broadwaygleek Yes! It was only once, I don't know what made the principal suddenly want to do that... I was in fifth grade at the...

That happened at my old school too, more than once. Also, us girls had to have a ponytail, no more than one bracelet per hand, no jewelry, no makeup, natural hair color, we had uniforms, we had to wear white shoes and socks that covered our ankles. It sucked.

GoodVibrationss avatar GoodVibrations Yeah You Are +2Reply

Tamagotchis at my school, because it's a gang symbol. And apparently so was wearing pink. In the end even having the same kinda hairstyle was to the school, so they gave us uniforms and we can only wear are hair down or in a pony tail.

My school's computers block google images, culturegrams.org (which there is a link to on the school website), and some random website about plants.

@LittleRed My school's computers block google images, culturegrams.org (which there is a link to on the school website), and...

My school's computers block just about everything...school computers are completely useless to me.

Frostehhs avatar Frostehh Yeah You Are +1Reply

My school has uniforms. Blah. I hate them. And guys’ hair can’t go past their shirt collar or cover their ears or eyebrows. Our hair can only be natural colors, no piercings except for ears on girls, no heels on our shoes over an inch, and much more. It’s not as bad as it could be though.

LaurenZies avatar LaurenZie Yeah You Are +4Reply

One time on a "Christmas Hat Day" I wore my Peruvian hat around and the assistant-assistant principal made me take it off but not the assistant principal herself, who actually matters more because our actual principal doesn't even show up. I put it back on anway.

My school is basically all talk, no action. They have a great big book of the dress code banning a bunch of things but nobody (including teachers) really cares...you still see girls wearing shorts so short that their asses are hanging out and people who just got out of bed and a bunch of guys in Morphsuits showing the outline of their junk.

nummypies avatar nummypie Yeah You Are +3Reply
@nummypie My school is basically all talk, no action. They have a great big book of the dress code banning a bunch of things...

oh god we have a uniform and kids in my school still show up in morphsuits. our drama department actually got a bunch of black ones. i am tempted to give up my part in the play just to be stage crew so i can wear one xD

The public schools here in South Africa have uniforms. In primary school, they banned hugging. They banned cellphones (even though there was some pervert trying to get a little girl in his car in one of the parking lots). I just put mine on silent in my pocket. I got in trouble twice for having long nails. We had to have them shorter than our fingertips. The teacher made me cut them in class with a scissors. I had a side-fringe, with the hair a little bit longer on the side, and they made me clip the longer part up so it looked really weird.
In high school, no cellphones/iPods/mp3 players, even at breaktime. No necklaces, even if it's completely hidden under your shirt. The girl's shirts were white, and we weren't allowed to wearing coloured bras, although that does make sense. No facial piercings, only lobe earrings(only gold or silver) and if you dyed your hair in the school week, you had to die it back. Dying it in the holidays was okay.
Thank goodness I left and started homeschool.

@The public schools here in South Africa have uniforms. In primary school, they banned hugging. They banned...

In high school, there were 2 computers in the library(as well as the computer room, but you didn't need permission to use the ones in the library) with internet, we were told that we could use them for research, and no facebook(they didn't block it though) and also nothing ''bad''. They used the example that if we were on a website where there happened to the a blond joke, we'd get kicked off the computer.

If my school banned yoga pants and/or sweatpants I would probably cry. Yoga's are my favorite type of pants and I wear those or sweatpants probably like 3 out of 5 days of the week sometimes more. And about 70% of everyone else at my school are the same way

I feel so lucky now, my school hasn't banned anything! :D It's like the least strict school ever. :P

Rainbow35s avatar Rainbow35 Yeah You Are +2Reply

We have no "bedroom appropriate apparel" So, no slippers, no pj pants, and no tanktops. All skirts must be longer than the middle finger when hands are by our sides. No shirts lower than one hand-width below top of collarbone. No tattoos showing. Limited piercings. No suggestive t-shirts, no beer/drug/sexual-advertising clothing, No skin showing out of holes/fringe in jeans. No "flashy jewelry". And nothing cute.

@Kateisme We have no "bedroom appropriate apparel" So, no slippers, no pj pants, and no tanktops. All skirts must be longer...

So, what would happen if someone got a real tattoo in a visible place? It's not like they'd be able to wash it off.

@So, what would happen if someone got a real tattoo in a visible place? It's not like they'd be able to wash it off.

They have to cover it with a bandage or something. Like one of my friends has a tattoo on his arm, and everyday that he comes to school he has to wrap some fabric over it. It's ridiculous

my school banned dodge-ball in elementary/middle school because apparently its a "bullys" sport

In my district's middle school, they banned the I <3 Boobies bracelets and boys had to stay 12 inches away from girls.
In the high school, we can't wear trench coats or slippers. Cell phones are only allowed to be out between classes, at lunch, or during mid-morning break. If a teacher sees us in the hall with a cell phone and it's during normal class periods, they can take it away from us and send us to the dean.

@SRHPerk16 In my district's middle school, they banned the I <3 Boobies bracelets and boys had to stay 12 inches away from...

Wow, at my school if you had to stay 12 inches away from people you could never get through the hallways.

Frostehhs avatar Frostehh Yeah You Are +11Reply

Also, my elementary school banned mercy, sodas (for parents and students, but not teachers) red rover, and cards.

LittleReds avatar LittleRed Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Frostehh Red rover can get very dangerous...

At my elementary school I remember they banned co-ed red rover. Girls couldn't play against guys, and vice versa. Which I kinda liked, because I swear I must've gotten a good deal of bruises before they enforced that rule.

@kayawithpig At my elementary school I remember they banned co-ed red rover. Girls couldn't play against guys, and vice versa...

Yeah, that is a good rule. I hate playing with girls who don't even try though..I would probably much rather play with the guys.

No yoga pants or tank tops.

track_stars avatar track_star Yeah You Are 0Reply

When I wa in middle school eighth grade sucked. Socks ha to be completely white no other color on it. No skirts, no jewelry at all, no sweaters or hoodies, nothing.

@_Nephilim_ When I wa in middle school eighth grade sucked. Socks ha to be completely white no other color on it. No skirts, no...

They can't say no skirts. What if you were baptist or something and you have to wear skirts?

riris avatar riri Yeah You Are +1Reply
@Stepharoo Baptists don't have to wear skirts...

Ever baptist i know does. They have to because they think pants are men's clothing. Some less strict types wear pants.

riris avatar riri Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Stepharoo I'm Baptist and I've never heard of anyone doing that.

really? What type of baptist are you? I know the baptists in my area are pretty strict. They're fundamental baptist. My cousin is even going to Hyles-Anderson for college when she graduates high school.

riris avatar riri Yeah You Are 0Reply
@riri They can't say no skirts. What if you were baptist or something and you have to wear skirts?

Well yeah there were these two girls but they were pretty mug the only exception.

riris avatar riri Yeah You Are 0Reply

We're not allowed to wear yoga pants, i <3 boobies bracelets, or ''chains'' or ''spikes''

They banned beyblades and pokemon cards when I was in elementary school, and they might've banned silly bandz and bakugans recently but I'm not sure. And the middle school in my district banned I Heart Boobies bracelets.

heyitsallykays avatar heyitsallykay Yeah You Are 0Reply

My teachers do enforce it? Why would they not do what the pricipal said?

I am willing to say that compared to your guys' schools, mine is the best EVER. The dress code is: shorts must not reveal underwear, no halter tops or tube tops. Must wear closed toed shoes for PE.

Thats it.

Granted, we live in California, so it gets pretty hot here and would probably be a crime to make us where pants all the time...

Also, I have a nose piercing, a double-piercing in my ears, and plan on getting triple and a cartilage. I died my hair pink in sixth grade (I'm in eighth now) and my Vice Principal told me how cool it looked. A bunch of guys have really long hair (Although on most of them it looks terrible.) I use a duct tape backpack, so they really don't care about that. People wear work-out clothes, skinny jeans, tank tops, sweat pants, spaghetti straps, anything. My school hasn't banned anything for it being a "gang symbol."

The worst that could happen if you violate the dress code, is you have to put a jacket on (shirt) or you have to put your PE pants on.

@OvergrownTurkey I am willing to say that compared to your guys' schools, mine is the best EVER. The dress code is: shorts must not...

That is NOT all Californian schools. I live in Southern California where it gets super hot too. Shorts/skirts have to be no more than 4 inches above the knee, and any tank tops must be at least 2 inches thick. And the no tank top for guys rule was JUST changed. Oh, and no holes in jeans. and no off the shoulder tops. It's stupid.

@open_mind_open_soul Lucky. I hate our schools dress code haha.

Yeah, it sounds pretty terrible. I would ask you which school you went to, since my friend went to a school in SoCal too, but I already know the answer. Hogwarts.

@OvergrownTurkey Yeah, it sounds pretty terrible. I would ask you which school you went to, since my friend went to a school in...

Haha well I was talking about my Muggle school that I go to....uh....during the summer. Or something like that.

@OvergrownTurkey Oh. Ok. Is disappointed at lack of wizarding insight

Hey, sorry to let you know, but this IS amirite. And there is this whole Statute of Secrecy thing going on anyway.

@open_mind_open_soul Hey, sorry to let you know, but this IS amirite. And there is this whole Statute of Secrecy thing going on anyway.

Oh, yeah, your right. It's not like my BEST FRIEND, Harry Potter, didn't tell me abot it already. Scoffs Yeah, we're pretty cool.

@OvergrownTurkey Oh, yeah, your right. It's not like my BEST FRIEND, Harry Potter, didn't tell me abot it already. Scoffs Yeah...

Haha I'm sure he did. So you're an overgrown talking turkey? Geez, Hagrid's getting a little wild with his experiments now. He'll be in trouble with the Ministry soon...

@OvergrownTurkey No! Don't tell on Master!

Don't worry, we're on Christmas break right now. I'm sure I'll "forget" by the time I'm back at Hogwarts. Just stay away from the Ministry. You seem pretty smart for a breeding experiment anyway.

@open_mind_open_soul Don't worry, we're on Christmas break right now. I'm sure I'll "forget" by the time I'm back at Hogwarts. Just stay...

Why thank you. And don't worry, know better than to get anywhere near that darn Scrimgouer. >:( The first time I met him was in November. Shudders Not a good time.

I go to a Catholic high school, but it's surprisingly not strict. We have to wear uniforms and stuff, but the girls can pick from two colors of skirts (2 colors of pants for guys) and five different shirts. We can wear whatever shoes we want, and we can wear colored socks, leggings, or tights under the skirts. We can wear whatever jewelry (even I <3 Boobies bracelets), but we just can't have facial piercings. Some girls also accessorize with like big belts or scarves, etc.
There's no rules about touching each other, either. We hug and jump on each other in the halls all the time!

for the sophomore semi formal at my school, the permission slips said that front to back dancing is not allowed. Nor 90' angles, nor gyrating. I personally, don't dance, but I don't want everyone else just standing around awkwardly. I'll blend right in!

My school CLAIMS to have banned PDA, but they don't bother enforcing it. The teachers monitoring the halls get a kick out of making fun of them, though.

My school banned sex on the bus. Go figure. They also banned any bf/gf relationships during school hours. Does that include teachers??? LOL

they're trying to ban the n word from huckleberry finn

@That has nothing to do with school...

It's the fourth most banned book from school nimrod.

@niemann2006 It's the fourth most banned book from school nimrod.

But they can't just ban the n word from the books in school, nimrod.

@niemann2006 But they can ban the book

Well, that's not what you said...

@niemann2006 it's implied

No... you said "they're trying to ban the n word", not "they're trying to ban the book". It is most certainly not implied.

@niemann2006 they're trying to ban the n word from huckleberry finn

I know. I think that's so dumb. They should have the edited and the original version available and let the parents decide what is right for their kids.

riris avatar riri Yeah You Are +12Reply