+168

What color are you eyes is a one word answer. Is that you natural hair color is a one word answer. Not: "well around the rim they are," "they sometimes change colors," or, "well it was this color when I was little...", amirite?

8 39

People just want to big up their eye colour and sound RLY SPESHUL. "Well sometimes they're kind of greeny and in certain lights they're flecked with blue but then sometimes they're like this reddy orange colour and then-"
YOUR EYES ARE BROWN, DEAL WITH IT.

I hate it when people are like, "Well, my eyes are blue=green, but a little but more green, and with some goldy-brown in the middle, but sometimes it almost looks orange in the right light-"
If your eyes are a bunch of different colors, it's called hazel.

sansas avatar sansa Yeah You Are +24Reply

Sometimes the one-word is hyphenated (like blue-gray eyes, or reddish-brown hair), but I completely agree! Yes, your eyes do change color... it's called lighting, and everyone's does!

God I hate it when people say their eyes change colours.

Cydonias avatar Cydonia Yeah You Are +20Reply
@Cydonia God I hate it when people say their eyes change colours.

Light does have a lot to do with it. I'm Chinese and my eyes are always brown, but there was one day in a store when I noticed my eyes were blue for a second. I havn't been able to replicate it though

B10ckH34ds avatar B10ckH34d Yeah You Are +1Reply
@B10ckH34d Light does have a lot to do with it. I'm Chinese and my eyes are always brown, but there was one day in a store...

Yeah but the whole thing about lighting is completely different. I once heard one girl say that she didn't know what colour eyes she had because they change colours all the time.

Cydonias avatar Cydonia Yeah You Are -6Reply
@Cydonia Yeah but the whole thing about lighting is completely different. I once heard one girl say that she didn't know...

lol. I do tell people my eyes are brown though. Ive never mentioned it before. Not even to my parents cos i thought it happened to everyone. I was like five

B10ckH34ds avatar B10ckH34d Yeah You Are +5Reply

Why? My eyes actually change colors, and it's not just depending on the light like some people's are.

Meagans avatar Meagan No Way -2Reply

what if the person who you're questioning on their eye color has heterochromia? like, sectoral or even complete?

Well, my eyes are really different. They're brown normally, red when I'm angry, gold when I'm annoyed, green when I'm envious, pink when I'm happy, blue when I'm sad, and white when I use my magic powers.

I normally just say they're brown, though.

My eyes are green and gold. If I say only one of those colors, it's like I'm lying because there's enough of both colors that it counts.

Well, I hate when I tell people my eyes are blue and then when they see me they're like, 'you lied. They look gray/green.'

Bitch, they're blue.

Did you know that blue eyes are a genetic defect that looked so awesome that it carried through the generations?

Just give the freaking general colour. I didn't ask for a detailed description, just to get a rough idea. WHen I imagine you, I don't use a micrometre screwgauge for everything so how the hell am I supposed to get in so much detail?
Just tell me what they're like now and say they change colours. If I want more, I'll ask again. Or say a lot of colours, but mostly brown. I will ask for more detail if I want.

B10ckH34ds avatar B10ckH34d Yeah You Are +3Reply

My eyes are BROWN with maybe a bit of black...wait...that might just be my pupil.

saratabas avatar sarataba Yeah You Are +2Reply

What about people who have dirty blonde hair? Or who have naturally highlighted hair where its both red and brown. Strawberry blonde? Do those people not have a hair color?

Well my hair colour at the moment isn't natural but I always feel the need to explain that when I dyed it, it wasn't supposed to go ginger, it just did.

I think mine are brown... they're a weird mix of one part brown, one part bluegreen.

@1528124

Hazel? :)

angels_001s avatar angels_001 Yeah You Are 0Reply

sometimes mine have gold specks sometimes they're green sometimes they're blue sometimes they're both. quit your bitching not everyone has just one color

th3dons avatar th3don No Way -2Reply
@th3don sometimes mine have gold specks sometimes they're green sometimes they're blue sometimes they're both. quit your...

Eyes don't change colors like that. They can change, but it takes a long period time. You're eyes may appear different due to lighting or colors in your backroud.

I'm sorry my eyes aren't simple enough for you. If someone actually cares enough to want to know what my eyes look like then I'm going to mention that they are sometimes green, sometimes blue, sometimes grey, and sometimes appear black because my eyes are weird.

Meagans avatar Meagan No Way -3Reply

I was born with blue eyes and one day I woke up when I was about three and they were green,-and now they range anywhere from hazel to blue-green. It makes a cool story, but I still usually just say green when someone asks.

Dirait_ons avatar Dirait_on Yeah You Are -3Reply
@_Jojo_ Unless you have dark brown eyes.

Babies are usually born with little melanin in their eyes, so they default to blue.

@_Jojo_ Yeah, I was just saying because I was born with brown eyes.

When I was born my eyes were really blue, I think it's kind of funny now because they ended up being a very dark hazel.

@ThatIsSoFetch When I was born my eyes were really blue, I think it's kind of funny now because they ended up being a very dark hazel.

That's interesting, but It's probably why you have hazel eyes and not just plain dark brown ones.

@_Jojo_ That's interesting, but It's probably why you have hazel eyes and not just plain dark brown ones.

Maybe so, but mine have ZERO blue. Just brown and a little green. I few of my friends have hazel eyes, but they've got a whole lot of blue.

@angels_001 Everyone is born with blue eyes.

I know that, but usually they change within a few months. It's rather unusual for them to change when you're a few years old, which is why it makes an interesting story.

@1527897

We need a new form of "Cool story, bro." It's getting old.