+1

You can't bend your pinky finger without bending your ring finger, even if you hold your ring finger with the other hand, amirite?

wickedawesomechicks avatar
16 91
The voters have decided that wickedawesomechick is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I can bend my pinky finger without bending my ring finger, easily... I'm a freak! :O

I know a guy who can make the tip of his middle finger touch the back of his hand.. This is completely off topic, but whatever..

I can bend my pinky finger down without bending my ring finger, but I can't bend it all the way down to how it would be if I made a fist.

DylanLiebhausers avatar DylanLiebhauser Yeah You Are +10Reply

Yeah I really don't care. I just continously YYA and NW because it was 56 Yeahs and 57 No's and I wanted to see the 0.

I'm double jointed, so I guess it's kinda easy for me. I can also make the top segment of my finger bend forwards without the rest of the finger bending. Have you tried it? ;)

@there's no such thing as being double jointed you rahtard.

(Lil Beck): actually yes there is and anyone who spells "retard" as "rahtard" is one

It's easy for me to bend my little fingers without my ring finger, but not all the way down.

YA FREAKS!!!!!!!!!!

Holy fuck. That's awesome.

A7Xs avatar A7X Yeah You Are +2Reply

i can bend the pinky finger without the ring finger it wasnt even hard to do

jstmes avatar jstme No Way +2Reply

i'm a violinist too, so i can bend my pinky on my left hand easily but my right hand my ring finger follows(:

I have a double jointed pinky, it's easy XP

I can bend it without the ring finger bending

I can do it with both of my hands.. I thought that was normal? lol

If that happens to you, then it's a birth defect, I found out :O.

i think this is such a controversial topic only because the OP wasn't clear about bending it ALL THE WAY DOWN. i didnt know what to vote, for instance, since i can bend it half-way(so i can technically bend it)but I can't bend it all the way.

@i think this is such a controversial topic only because the OP wasn't clear about bending it ALL THE WAY DOWN. i...

I meant that you can't bend the top joint of your pinky finger to a right angle without your ring finger bending at all

I DONT KNO IF ITS RIGHT OR WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!! (im a violist and therefore i can easily bend it on my left hand which is used on the fingerboard, but not at all with my right hand which is only used for bowing...) :O

I can, all the way as well. Yeah baby ;). I only know one other person who can do it though.

I've been trying to conquer this for years. Also, I just told my dad about it and he can actually do it!! =O

I can easily with my right hand? allll the way, but not with my lefttt:) hahah

I no wayd it because i can do it

I can... not double jointed either

hahah i can't bend any of my fingers without other ones bending :(

Meekakitty can! But not on her left hand.

I thought it said blend so i was very confused for a moment bahahahahaha

BradyJ96s avatar BradyJ96 Yeah You Are +1Reply

I've actually been testing people with this one for years. I'll tell them what to do and say "Betcha can't do it!" Usually they can't, but recently I encountered a friend who could do it better than myself - with BOTH hands. I can bend my pinky without bending the ring finger, but only on my LEFT hand. No idea why. 'Specially since I'm right-handed, you'd think the left one would be less dextrous. Ah, life's mysteries.

I can do it too, but my fingers are double jointed

I am also a violinist.

I can on my right hand, but not my left... and I don't think I always could on my right hand.

I can do this with both hands easily and I can bend my pinkie really far, lol.

Can't do it. :(

I tried it and couldn't but if you hold your pinkie while you bend it it is possible.

to all the people who clicked no way: did you try it with your fingers spread apart? because its easier when you hold your first three fingers together and then bend the pinky. well. for me anyways. still can't do it though :P

@rosinbackrider to all the people who clicked no way: did you try it with your fingers spread apart? because its easier when you...

Yes I've tried and no different results. My ring finger and pinky do the same thing all the time. And my middle finger follows my ring finger XD only my index finger and thumb are independent. If I strain, the middle finger can stay up, but not the ring finger.

redmask38s avatar redmask38 Yeah You Are 0Reply

I can do this. That's kind of odd how some people can and others cannot though.

If you bend it backwards (your pinky), it's possible.

@If you bend it backwards (your pinky), it's possible.

without using your other hand to move your pinky finger

That's easy though. I can bend it backwards easily, but it's bending it FORWARDS that's stumping some people like me :P

Strangely enough I could do it.

So, I'd never tried before, and I learned something new about myself: my pinky like snaps into place and the ring finger follws. Its. Weird o.0

gracelovesyous avatar gracelovesyou Yeah You Are 0Reply

The ability to bend your pinky in that fashion is most likely genetic. Some people can do it, and others can't. I can't do it because I am most like my dad, and his whole side of the family can't do it. On the other hand my sister, who takes after my mom, can do it as well as my mom's side of the family. It depends on the person and their lineage of whether they can or can't bend their fingers like that... I guess.
It's kind of annoying.

Ah hahahaha! I just thought about all the people who read this trying to do this! It's a pretty funny mental picture!

there is no such thing a being double jointed. Some people just have more flexiblity in there joints (google it if you don't believe me). Also the bending of you pinky and your ring finger is more to do with the tendons in your hands than the joints.

Am I the only one who bent their finger backward and thinking OP was dumb then realizing they were the idiot?

Left hand only

What constitutes moving? Because the skin stretch makes it move a bit, but it certainly isn't bending.

I got freaky fingers, I can bend them back and forth without assistance from another finger or while moving another finger. I can also bend each joint individually.

MrTies avatar MrTie No Way 0Reply

i can only do it if i push my pinky finger down while holding my ring finger up, and for some reason that's easy and it doesn't resist... but i can't even bend my pinky on its own if i'm holding my ring finger or not holding it at all. i can't believe some people can do this! i've always been aware of this since i was little and i thought it was just a reflex like when you tap your knee and your leg swings up!

dingoatemybabys avatar dingoatemybaby Yeah You Are 0Reply

very easy to do

I can do it. It's not hard.

Devins avatar Devin No Way 0Reply

I did it for five seconds

I can on my right hand! My left pinky can't move an inch without the ringer finger though.

It's impossible! XD

Nope ... I can do it quite easily, without holding the ring finger.

I can on my right hand.

on my right had i can do it no problem and on my left hand i have to hold my ring finger but i can still do it...

it's possible. Just use your right hand.

Wow. Seriously people who No Way'd this? Seriously?

@OMFGItsME Wow. Seriously people who No Way'd this? Seriously?

I don't think the people that No Way'd this have tried it

@OMFGItsME probably right. I guess they never learned about it either.

Actually, I DID try it, and I COULD bend my pinky finger without bending my ring finger. It's like when people say it's impossible to lick your elbow, there are still people who can do it. :)

OMG THATS SO TRUE!

KrisGs avatar KrisG Yeah You Are -4Reply

This is soooo easy!! I can do it on both hands witthout a problem and Im not even double jointed. Whoever cant needs to see a doctor. And ya i can bend my finger all the way down like in a fist too.

@This is soooo easy!! I can do it on both hands witthout a problem and Im not even double jointed. Whoever cant...

Haha ya right? I think it'd be better if the freaks who bend their fingers unnaturally went to the doctors :P