+129

There should be less focus on anti-smoking laws and more on laws punishing texting-while-driving/talking-while-driving, amirite? I can blow my smoke in well-ventilated area where it doesn't affect you, but I can't avoid the idiot with the cellphone in his/her hand on the road. amirite?

3 13

Unless younplan on living in a 50 foot bubble for the rest of your life, it won't matter how "well-ventilated" the area is. I can still smell it and it's disgusting. Yes, we should focus on anti texting and phone laws while driving, but anti smoking laws are just as important for the health of everyone in your life.

Smoking is just fuckin gross, I hate when people smoke near me, no matter how ventilated it is, smoking has ZERO benifits. Only tons of negatives. Enjoy lung cancer.

@Smoking is just fuckin gross, I hate when people smoke near me, no matter how ventilated it is, smoking has ZERO...

It's gross, but it has benefits for the people who smoke. I suppose there's some enjoyment in it for them despite the risks.
But the point is it's not your place to tell people what they can do with themselves.

@agent_eclaire It's gross, but it has benefits for the people who smoke. I suppose there's some enjoyment in it for them despite...

I think I have the right to not get lung cancer, just because somebody thinks it is cool to smoke.

@agent_eclaire Then don't hang out with smokers.

Some people do not have the choice whether or not they hang out with smokers. It could be passer byers on the street or it could be your own parent. Either way, some people try to avoid smokers but when many people smoke in public areas, other people's health are at risk.

It is a law in Washington. We even have a bunch of signs saying Talk. Text. Ticket.

It's law in Nevada as well. I just don't understand how txtng amd driving is illegal, but eating and driving isn't.

There should be more laws for both. I'm deathly allergic to cigarette smoke, even the reside on clothes causes my throats to close up and I live in a big city. I can't even avoid it in my own apartment (even though my building is supposed to be smoke-free) because my neighbors smoke. It SUCKS! I hate smokers because they are SELFISH, SUICIDAL IDIOTS!

Jeez

a) I'm the one who made this post and I'm super considerate. I don't even smoke when I'm with friends who don't smoke, and b) I actually do smoke for health reasons and don't try to argue with me because you don't know me or my situation.
However I do agree that some smokers are inconciderate, but don't judge everyone by the same.