+284

I hate it when movies are rated R just because of cursing. amirite?

th3b055s avatar
3 13
The voters have decided that th3b055 is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Frankly, that happend to King's Speech

I hate it more when it's rated R just because of violence.

DimezXs avatar DimezX Yeah You Are +4Reply

So its appropriate for a thirteen year old to be saying 'Fuck you cunt!'

@pb55020 So its appropriate for a thirteen year old to be saying 'Fuck you cunt!'

It's only inappropriate because society thinks it's inappropriate. They're just words.

personThingys avatar personThingy Yeah You Are +1Reply
@personThingy It's only inappropriate because society thinks it's inappropriate. They're just words.

And you can honestly say that a word has never affected you in your life?

@pb55020 And you can honestly say that a word has never affected you in your life?

No, but I don't find "I don't give a crap" to be much less offensive than "I don't give a shit." There is a slight difference, but that only exists because of the way I was raised.
Also, I consider being called "stupid" much more rude than being called "fucking awesome," but the former would not change the rating on a movie.

personThingys avatar personThingy Yeah You Are 0Reply
@personThingy No, but I don't find "I don't give a crap" to be much less offensive than "I don't give a shit." There is a slight...

I see your point. And agree. I just don't think children (and that's what 13 year old are) should be exposed to them that early. Probably just my environment, but I knew like ass and hell when I was 13. I didn't start hitting the big ones until sophomore year.

@pb55020 I see your point. And agree. I just don't think children (and that's what 13 year old are) should be exposed to...

I knew ass when I was 8, I heard bitch the first time when I was 10, and I learned shit and fuck when I was around 12. I didn't even know Hell was a swear word, I just thought it was impolite (If there are any more swear words, then I don't know them). I never used them until I was 14, and my mom wouldn't let me watch movies with swear words until 14.
Maybe there should be some censoring, but rating a movie 18+ because of swear words is overdoing it.