+156

You find it odd that movie stars get paid obscene amounts of money to cause scandals and film a few movies while teachers hardly get paid enough to support their families, even though they are the ones who are educating future generations so that they can bring America into a better and brighter tomorrow, amirite?

1 15

I don't think it's strange really, but it's a bit unfortunate. Think of it this way: actors are providing entertainment to millions, sometimes billions of people, as well as contributing to multi-million dollar projects that help employ many people. Not only that, but they're involved in a private sector that can afford to pay them obscenely, as opposed to teachers who usually work in public schools.

Barely enough to feed there families?
My history teacher gets 6 figures and drives a Porsche to class.

@Montana Nope, Catholic.

Catholic schools are a type of private school. No public school would support a religion.

@shelbyam118 Catholic schools are a type of private school. No public school would support a religion.

In Canada, they're the same as public schools, only they teach religion.

@1682167

in Canada, our catholic schools are funded by the government, they are public religious schools.

Just America?

Boufakas avatar Boufaka Yeah You Are +2Reply

It's about supply and demand

Would you really want the teachers to be in it for the money? The fact that they get paid so little and still do it show they have a passion for what they are actually doing. (I probably worded that extremely weird.)

@bluedreamer Would you really want the teachers to be in it for the money? The fact that they get paid so little and still do it...

There are a lot of teachers that are still REEEEEALLY bad even though they get paid absolutely nothing. And hey, if schools are able to afford it, they can fire the bad teachers and replace them with amazing ones.

I think the same thing can be said for any person of any country. But of course you would say it as if it only applied to Americans. I belive this may be due to the fact that you are American, and therefore obnoxious.

Enjoy,
Your neighbour to the North

Anonymous