+918

It sucks when catchy songs have crappy lyrics. amirite?

RoseWeasleys avatar
4 16
The voters have decided that RoseWeasley is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Ke$ha songs. >_>

Hmm you know what this reminds me of! "BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY OHHHHHHHH" Justin Bieber's lyrics... aren't the greatest...

LilLyssas avatar LilLyssa Yeah You Are +6Reply

Stacy's Mom is a great example.

@485406

Creepy lyrics are lush.

Lazy town actually has some really catchy tunes, but who wants "Cooking by the book" On their iPod?

Half of the music that comes out nowadays has crappy lyrics..

OR....... Good lyrics with a crappy tune (?) :)

RainbowUnicorns avatar RainbowUnicorn Yeah You Are 0Reply

You should appreciate music for music, not for its lyrical value. ={p. I tend to not even pay attention to lyrics anymore unless I feel like singing

@sestrada16 You should appreciate music for music, not for its lyrical value. ={p. I tend to not even pay attention to lyrics...

No, sometimes, when I am really sad, I listen to songs with lyrics that MEAN something, not about what most songs are about right now..The lyrics mean something in the song too..

@theultraraptor No, sometimes, when I am really sad, I listen to songs with lyrics that MEAN something, not about what most songs...

Yeah, of course, but that's kind of the same point I'm making. Only pay attention when there is reason to. Besides that, the meaning should come across semi-clearly without lyrics. You know tone mood and atmosphere from melody and harmony while beat and rhythm emphasize on those traits. If lyrics are EXTREMELY important to a song (I mean you can't tell what's happening without lyrics at all) it may as well be poetry. (I love poetry)

@sestrada16 Yeah, of course, but that's kind of the same point I'm making. Only pay attention when there is reason to. Besides...

if you just listen to music for the lyrical aspects then what of styles such rap which are lyrical styles, i would say that a song might be more lyrical or musical but both are very important for a song to be actually good ... but then i guess bad lyrics are why parodies are so good WEIRD AL FTW!!

@if you just listen to music for the lyrical aspects then what of styles such rap which are lyrical styles, i would...

Yeah, you're right, but ive completely given up on rap. I no longer consider most of that music. The lyrics are bull and meaningles, rhythyms are sloppy and beats are just bum.bum BUM.BUMBUMBUM.BUMBUM.BUM. but yes, wierd al FTW