+212

Read a book or watch a movie. If you do both, you'll be very disappointed, amirite?

sapphyres avatar
0 8
The voters have decided that sapphyre is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Do you mean the movie version will disappoint you if you read the book first?

@Do you mean the movie version will disappoint you if you read the book first?

Either way. If you watch the movie then read the book, it will still feel wrong.

sapphyres avatar sapphyre Yeah You Are 0Reply
@sapphyre Either way. If you watch the movie then read the book, it will still feel wrong.

How come? I love seeing filmic interpretations of books. Theyl usually never hold a candle to the book, but that's inherent in the medium change. Just like how some movies don't work well as books.

@How come? I love seeing filmic interpretations of books. Theyl usually never hold a candle to the book, but that's...

Hmm, but you were still disappointed in the movies. Maybe not a giant disappointment, but one nonetheless. I just can't appreciate a movie after I read the book. =/

@sapphyre Hmm, but you were still disappointed in the movies. Maybe not a giant disappointment, but one nonetheless. I just...

You there are some movies that disappoint but then there are some like Princess bride and LOTR that aren't too bad on both ends you just have to except it. i do have to say if you read Eragon then don't watch the movie because they completely butcher it.

@me-myself-and-fred You there are some movies that disappoint but then there are some like Princess bride and LOTR that aren't too bad...

(me, myself, and fred): I agree. I guess what I'm trying to say is something will always go wrong. Something like leaving a piece of plot out or casting some ridiculous person to be a character. Oh man, Eragon was a train wreck. =/

@sapphyre (me, myself, and fred): I agree. I guess what I'm trying to say is something will always go wrong. Something like...

Read princess bride and watch the movie it makes up for all the book/movie mistakes because you can't picture anyone else but who they cast as the characters of the book.

@me-myself-and-fred Read princess bride and watch the movie it makes up for all the book/movie mistakes because you can't picture...

(me, myself, and fred): Yeah, I actually have a set with the book and the movie. It's absolutely loverly =D They really did an amazing job with it. =]]