+745

Many kids these days don't even share the same last name as their mom anymore, amirite?

1 22

It's not sad at all, and all the people saying it is, are anti feminist. My mom made the decision to keep her maiden name when she was married, and i fully support that. However, that means her children have a different last name than her. But there is nothing wrong with that whatsoever

@It's not sad at all, and all the people saying it is, are anti feminist. My mom made the decision to keep her...

exactly! my mom didn't keep my dad's last name either, it's also complicated when you get a divorce and all. if i get married i'm just keeping my own last name, besides what if he has a weird last name, i like mine:)

@spoo26 exactly! my mom didn't keep my dad's last name either, it's also complicated when you get a divorce and all. if i...

If your going to get married and your anticipating a divorce so you keep your last name.... I feel bad for you.

@Mickey If your going to get married and your anticipating a divorce so you keep your last name.... I feel bad for you.

She's keeping her last name because she wants to, not because she's anticipating a divorce.

@TailFeathers She's keeping her last name because she wants to, not because she's anticipating a divorce.

No anonymous just said that shes keeping her last name cause its complicated when you get a divorce!! Read before you reply.

@"besides what if he has a weird last name, i like mine:)"

That didnt have anything to do with what i just said. And if you love someone enough to marry them you should accept their name and keep it because thats the way its supposed to be!

When I said it was sad, I meant that it's sad that most kids have different last names than their children because people always divorce nowadays. The divorcer rate is sad. I didn't even think about someone keeping their last name when they got married.

It is not a tradition, its a way of thinking, the same way of thinking that said woman could not vote. It is just another way of saying men are more important than women, and my parents have been married for 57 years, i don't think they are planning on getting a divorce anytime soon.

@It is not a tradition, its a way of thinking, the same way of thinking that said woman could not vote. It is just...

Ways of thinking can be traditions too. That said, I don't believe it's saying women aren't men's equals; I've never gotten that impression. I've always seen it as merely a traditional way of making things less confusing.

it's not a bad thing at all....my mom didn't change her last name because she was a doctor and she didn't want to make it complicated for all her patients and the hospitals, so she just kept her maiden name

Yeah, my mom kept her maiden name. It's not a big deal at all. Why should she change her name? Why not my dad? It's just an old way of thinking, like when people used to say "Mrs. John Smith" or whatever. That's really dated now, and eventually so will changing your last name when you get married.

I'm thinking they were referring to the fact that parents are getting divorces more often and remarrying... therefore the kid has a different name from their mother.

Well, its kind of tradition that people get their husbands name and I'm going to also cause otherwise it's also harder to tell who is marrieds to who and who cares if you dont get your own last name!

Having the same last name as your husband is to show that you're commited and gives a bond between the couple. If they have a weird last name or anything shouldn't matter

Are you trying to say it's a bad thing, cause it's not...

my mom doesnt have the same as me its sad

I thought this post was stupid and then I realized that I don't. haha

My mom kept her maiden name, sooooo yeah.

I don't have the same last name as my mom, haha

Anonymous