-118

jealousy is just a sign that you really love the person, amirite?

sarahfs avatar
0 14
The voters have decided that sarahf is wrong! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

To an extent, I suppose. A little bit of jealousy shows that you are afraid of losing them. Excessive jealously shows that you are insecure in yourself and in the relationship.

Maybe OP means that if you're jealous of other people because they spend time with said person and you might not, or like a situation with a bf/gf/spouse where they don't let you hang out with the opposite sex.

it's a sign of insecurity. which, by the way, is very unattractive to either of the opposite sex.

Containment of jealousy is a sign of love. Being openly jealous all the time will probably make your partner drift away from important friends for no good reason.

I can be jealous that my brother has a new car, but it doesn't mean I really love the car.

@I can be jealous that my brother has a new car, but it doesn't mean I really love the car.

Wrong type of jealousy. I didn't say anything to the first comment because it was there before the clarification.

I don't think it's objectification if it's attention that you're after. It's not very object-like to have attention to give.

And I can be jealous of someone for having an awesome girlfriend, rather than a hot girlfriend.

Agreed, but my point is that it doesn't mean you truly love the "awesome girlfriend."

Some people treat other people as objects. For instance, if someone is jealous of a person who's dating a supermodel, that doesn't mean they love the model. It just means that they covet her body/attention.

I think that falls under the realm of the clarification (if you mean whyuhappy's comment).

Nope, I'm jealous of Donald Trump. In love? No. Heck i'm jealous of miley cyrus. again, no love.

If you really love them, you should be able to trust them.