-12

abortion is not as popular as the media makes it out to be... and it IS wrong. Amirite?

0 67
The voters have decided that this post is wrong! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

how can it be wrong when it feels so right?

Wow, you'd rather have a child be born into this world suffering, if the parents can't take care of it, than have it "killed" before it even has a thinking mind and an ability to feel pain and suffering. niice.:/

Lulus avatar Lulu No Way +2Reply
@Lulu Wow, you'd rather have a child be born into this world suffering, if the parents can't take care of it, than have...

If it makes you feel better, virtually everyone pro-choice would also prefer that unwanted pregnancies were prevented in the first place. That's why you see things like NARAL's Prevention First campaign. It's a last resort.

ZuRGs avatar ZuRG No Way +1Reply
@ZuRG If it makes you feel better, virtually everyone pro-choice would also prefer that unwanted pregnancies were...

Yeah, because I'm not pro ABORTION, I don't want this to happen. Your right, it's better if this just doesn't happen in the first place.

Lulus avatar Lulu No Way +1Reply
@I couldn't have said it any better!

Thank you:) This really is what I think, and i definetly thought about it because I can understand how people could think differently. but this is what I believe.

Lulus avatar Lulu No Way 0Reply
@It's called adoption sweetie. No need for murder.

(>__<): but like....it is only allowed before a certain point. BEFORE the fetus has even formed into a baby, so its not rly like killing anything.
...and do you really think every child put up for adoption is immediately adopted into a loving family?
and don't call me sweetie.

Lulus avatar Lulu No Way +3Reply
@Lulu (>__<): but like....it is only allowed before a certain point. BEFORE the fetus has even formed into a baby, so its...

God created that fetus, and He has a plan for it. Why don't you read the detailed descriptions of how the different abortions are done and maybe if you had a heart you could see how disgusting and violent some of those methods are.

@God created that fetus, and He has a plan for it. Why don't you read the detailed descriptions of how the different...

(>__<): If you read about how disgusting bypass surgery would you be against that too because it is also gross and creepy?

(>__<): You ever see a vaginal birth? Bypass surgery? Root canals? "Disgusting and violent" is not grounds for outlawing a medical procedure.

ZuRGs avatar ZuRG No Way 0Reply

(>__<): PS, if god is omnipotent, how could a mere mortal mess up his plan by making a decision?

ZuRGs avatar ZuRG No Way 0Reply

(>__<): someone who is pro choice doesn't believe it's ''murder". that's the point. if it was legally defined as murder, then it wouldn't be legal.

@(>__<): someone who is pro choice doesn't believe it's ''murder". that's the point. if it was legally defined as...

Actually it's incredibly controversial on whether it's murder or not. That's why it's gone through the Supreme Court like 30 times.

Saints avatar Saint Yeah You Are +1Reply
@Saint Actually it's incredibly controversial on whether it's murder or not. That's why it's gone through the Supreme...

Even if it was made illegal, it would NEVER fit the definition of murder because it fails the requirement of "malice aforethought." PS, lawsuits don't always mean that it's controversial so much as assholes can afford to lawyer up.

ZuRGs avatar ZuRG No Way +1Reply

(>__<): ok, seriously? over-dramatic much? it's not "murder." and don't call me sweetie.

pro choice!

Whether abortion is wrong or right depends upon the circumstances. this issue isn't just black and white, there are various things that could happen to a woman to make abortion seem like a good idea, or not.

@Whether abortion is wrong or right depends upon the circumstances. this issue isn't just black and white, there...

(The Walrus): I agree. I think we should have the right to choose. We don't know everybody's individual situation. Besides there are way to many babies being thrown away and abandoned because people can't take care of them.

I don't know, I think there is always hope for the babies that are unwanted, etc. For example, there are stories like that French Olympic figure skater that was abandoned as a baby in Brazil, and was adopted by a French couple and brought up to be an amazing athlete and great person.

aggie2014s avatar aggie2014 Yeah You Are 0Reply
@aggie2014 I don't know, I think there is always hope for the babies that are unwanted, etc. For example, there are stories...

An unwanted baby is a completely different story from an unwanted fetus. (post-birth vs. pre-birth)

ZuRGs avatar ZuRG No Way +2Reply
@ZuRG An unwanted baby is a completely different story from an unwanted fetus. (post-birth vs. pre-birth)

"An unwanted baby is a completely different story from an unwanted fetus."

Please explain. Why would it be an unwanted baby if it was a wanted fetus? Don't these two go hand-in-hand? I realize the time difference between the two, but... it means the same thing, no?

@"An unwanted baby is a completely different story from an unwanted fetus." Please explain. Why would it be an...

A 3-year-old will eventually turn into a 23-year-old, but do we treat them the same? A 3-year-old does not have the right to vote, drink, smoke, consume pornography, etc., like a 23-year-old even though it will become one because it is not.

In the meantime, an unwanted baby (post-birth) is not living BIOLOGICALLY dependent on one particular person. It has social dependence but this can be fulfilled by the mother, a wetnurse, a babysitter, a dog with a bottle of formula in its mouth, etc. An unwanted FETUS (pre-birth) (before viability) is indeed biologically dependent on the woman, at the cost of stabbing the hell outta her bodily autonomy (whether or not she consents). If she does not consent, should she be forced to go through this? If I needed your kidney to survive, should I be entitled to it without your permission (by force, if necessary)?

ZuRGs avatar ZuRG No Way +2Reply
@ZuRG A 3-year-old will eventually turn into a 23-year-old, but do we treat them the same? A 3-year-old does not have the...

oo okay, I gotcha. I was thinking the fetus/baby itself, not what it does to the mother. That makes more sense.

a fetus and a baby are the same. when you see a pregnant woman you don't say "oh, how's the fetus doing?" because it is a BABY growing.

@a fetus and a baby are the same. when you see a pregnant woman you don't say "oh, how's the fetus doing?" because...

People aren't doctors and/or it's just proper empathizing to use the same word that they'd use, even if it's not technically medically correct. You want to get technical? (I'd recommend getting technical, since "murder" is followed by "prison sentences" and such.) It's a fetus.

ZuRGs avatar ZuRG No Way +5Reply
@ZuRG People aren't doctors and/or it's just proper empathizing to use the same word that they'd use, even if it's not...

I'm pretty sure this issue goes beyond medical/legal terms... it is an emotional issue, people have every right to empathize.

@I'm pretty sure this issue goes beyond medical/legal terms... it is an emotional issue, people have every right to...

Yes, so that means the terminology has some leeway in casual conversation. Still doesn't mean that an 8-week nonviable fetus is the same as a baby from a medical (or legal) standpoint.

ZuRGs avatar ZuRG No Way +1Reply

Alternately, for every Einstein there's a Hitler. You can't know which way things will end up so it's senseless to legislate in either direction.

ZuRGs avatar ZuRG No Way +2Reply

Please check out this video whether you are pro-life or pro-choice. It just makes you think for a minute. Who knows you may change your minds.

Actually, you'd be surprised how many women get an abortion these days. Yeah, you don't just meet a person who gets an abortion, but that doesn't mean it's not popular. Although I do not support abortion, why do we suddenly have to judge whether it's right or wrong? People have their reasons, and we (We, as in everyone who does not support abortion) should understand that. And as insensitive as it may sound, the Earth is overpopulated anyway.

Did you know that in some countries, your age is counted starting when you are conceived? And babies have a heartbeat starting in week three. They are alive.
And just because something is still legal doesn't mean it is right. If it really is a baby, and it is, then aborting it is killing it... aka murder.
As a former fetus, I oppose abortion.

@Did you know that in some countries, your age is counted starting when you are conceived? And babies have a...

Who said it's not alive? Of course it's alive.

Murder requires malice aforethought, which is not the motivation behind abortion.

ZuRGs avatar ZuRG No Way +3Reply
@ZuRG Who said it's not alive? Of course it's alive. Murder requires malice aforethought, which is not the motivation...

With that technical explanation, it may not be murder as you say. However, the baby/fetus whatever still dies, and the person getting the abortion kills it on purpose. Last I checked, killing anything on purpose is... wrong. No way around it.

aggie2014s avatar aggie2014 Yeah You Are -2Reply
@ZuRG Like the death penalty? Like war?

It could be argued that the death penalty recipients deserve to die. And for war, it's definitely sad but people do sign up to be in the military, at least in the USA.
Babies didn't ask to die.

@ZuRG And I agree with you. But nobody's talking about killing babies.

I guess that's the controversy part. I think abortion is killing a baby. Unborn or not, it is still a baby in my opinion and should be treasured, or at least get the chance to be. And in a lot of cases, the abortion affects the mother after too.

@aggie2014 I guess that's the controversy part. I think abortion is killing a baby. Unborn or not, it is still a baby in my...

Is that because people like you shout from the rooftops that she's a baby-murderer? The levels of depression following abortion are the same as post-partum depression.

ZuRGs avatar ZuRG No Way +3Reply
@ZuRG Is that because people like you shout from the rooftops that she's a baby-murderer? The levels of depression...

Haha, people like me? You don't even know me. And not really, because this depression is much more common percentage-wise and has a very high suicide rate associated with it.

aggie2014s avatar aggie2014 Yeah You Are -1Reply
@aggie2014 Haha, people like me? You don't even know me. And not really, because this depression is much more common...

Or you were fed bad/misleading statistics with the assumption that you wouldn't catch the flaws that the propagator's assertions relied upon.

ZuRGs avatar ZuRG No Way +1Reply
@ZuRG Or you were fed bad/misleading statistics with the assumption that you wouldn't catch the flaws that the...

And you would know so much better? For your information I'm in an AP Statistics class, I know how to read statistics. I'm not attacking you or your beliefs, just giving my opinion, so it would be nice of you to please stop insulting me.

@aggie2014 And you would know so much better? For your information I'm in an AP Statistics class, I know how to read...

Oh, that explains it. You're not in college yet, you have no access to look up the very professional-looking citations that actually link to steaming piles of logarrhea.

ZuRGs avatar ZuRG No Way 0Reply

Or it was assumed that you wouldn't care about any flaws so long as it made abortion look bad. I think this one is most likely.

ZuRGs avatar ZuRG No Way 0Reply
@ZuRG Or it was assumed that you wouldn't care about any flaws so long as it made abortion look bad. I think this one is...

That doesn't even make sense- high school kids can look up anything college kids can. I think you're judging my experience and knowledge a LITTLE too narrowly.

@aggie2014 That doesn't even make sense- high school kids can look up anything college kids can. I think you're judging my...

On Google, maybe. I don't know of any (normal) high school students that can pull up the full text of basically any academic study, at will. You need subscriptions to access the information, and it's easiest to get cover-all access through your college.

ZuRGs avatar ZuRG No Way 0Reply

Not only are you wrong, you don't even know how/why you're wrong. That's really wrong.

ZuRGs avatar ZuRG No Way 0Reply
@ZuRG Not only are you wrong, you don't even know how/why you're wrong. That's really wrong.

AP students have more access than the average high school student.
I'm not wrong. I believe abortion is wrong. In my opinion, every human has a right to have an opportunity to live. There are many, many others that feel the same way as me. I'm sorry you don't feel the same way, but there is no reason to be condescending here.

@aggie2014 AP students have more access than the average high school student. I'm not wrong. I believe abortion is wrong...

I think that women have that same right and restricting this right in favor of fetuses is nonsensical, because you're giving this fetus rights greater than any born person on the planet.

ZuRGs avatar ZuRG No Way 0Reply

I'm also skeptical that even a non-average HS student has access to 10% of what any university student can dig up with proper motivation.

ZuRGs avatar ZuRG No Way 0Reply
@ZuRG I'm also skeptical that even a non-average HS student has access to 10% of what any university student can dig up...

Actually at our school anyway, we get the subscriptions enrolled college kids do at some universities, so that's pretty cool. We may not have the exact same quantity but we still know our stuff when we want to.

@aggie2014 Actually at our school anyway, we get the subscriptions enrolled college kids do at some universities, so that's...

Being as smart as a college student is nothing to brag about. College kids are often some of the dumbest people in existence. Taking AP classes is really nothing to brag about either.

Once again, this is a post with two points. It's just as popular as the media makes it, if not more popular. AND it is wrong. Obviously.

I agree.The media does make it sound very popular. And yes, it is a wrong.

A baby develops a sense of touch after about 2 weeks. They can feel pain. They can feel you slowly killing them. Abortion is murder.