+250

I don't believe there is a God, but if there is, I have to admire his work...our universe is quite beautiful, amirite?

3 60

There is. :) and you're right. It is absolutely stunning.
everything made is an incredible feat of engineering and creativity that cannot be reproduced by evolution or millions of years of change or the environment. Think about all of the intricate systems and details in your body... God is truly amazing. :)

danieljc2008s avatar danieljc2008 Yeah You Are +24Reply
@danieljc2008 There is. :) and you're right. It is absolutely stunning. everything made is an incredible feat of engineering and...

I don't think God and evolution are incompatible, maybe to us humans, the universe took billions of years to create, but to God, it took a lot less, cause, you know, he's God. I think God would want us to study science and how our universe came about, and if you believe in God, it's silly to reject a scientific theory that does nothing to disprove his existence.

fuustoleits avatar fuustoleit Yeah You Are +5Reply

Yes, the human body is perfect and obviously divinely inspired... if you don't count wisdom teeth, nipples on men, poor sinus drainage, nerves and muscles that we no longer have any use for (plantaris muscle of the foot), poor back design (scoliosis or sciatica), inability to produce vitamin c, the unneeded length of the recurrent laryngeal nerve, the appallingly designed eye, the weak point in the abdomen wall (leads to hernias), the appendix (whose only job is to explode), the nail we grow in embryonic development and then lose a few weeks later for no reason, ectopic pregnancies, the horrendous collection of congenital illnesses, the unfortunate placement of the urinary system and the reproductive system in the same location, horrible location of liver, over-sized head on infants and badly positioned pelvis (leads to unnecessary pain in pregnancy), unfortunately placement of airway and food tube being in the same place, very weak knees, etc.
If God create...

@Brett ...d the human body he didn't do a great job doing it.

Or... you could count the good. There's all sorts of mess going on in the body because of sin.

danieljc2008s avatar danieljc2008 Yeah You Are 0Reply

HOLD THE FUCKING PHONE. ConnorK gets downvoted because he says there isn't a God and you people say you can't know for sure. Then this guy says that he's sure that there is a God and you guys vote him up?! I didn't know that there was this many hypocritical cunts on amirite...

Dameequas avatar Dameequa Yeah You Are -2Reply
@Dameequa HOLD THE FUCKING PHONE. ConnorK gets downvoted because he says there isn't a God and you people say you can't know...

They didn't vote him down because he said there was no God. He got down-voted because he was disrespecting other people's beliefs, which is always wrong, no matter the case. danieljc2008 wasn't like "God is real, atheists are going to hell!!!". He just quietly stated his belief in a non-forceful way.

@They didn't vote him down because he said there was no God. He got down-voted because he was disrespecting other...

(Your+name+(optional)): Sorry, needed to clarify. I meant the first post where he says that there wasn't a God, he wasn't being rude in that post just stating his belief like danieljc2008 did.

Dameequas avatar Dameequa Yeah You Are +3Reply
@Dameequa (Your+name+(optional)): Sorry, needed to clarify. I meant the first post where he says that there wasn't a God, he...

I think that's because he said it like there was undoubtedly not a God, without question. By saying it that way, he was implying that all theists were wrong. danieljc2008 was just reporting his own opinion, not like "There is definitely a god", but telling people his belief in the matter. ConnorK could have worded the comment better to avoid sounding like he thought all theists were erroneous in their belief.

EDIT: Oh wait, I just saw the first sentence. Somehow I missed that. I don't know, all I can think of is that he didn't just say that, he also talked about the post, so people may have agreed with the rest of it. That is pretty hypocritical.

@danieljc2008 Wait, what? Me, hypocritical?

Only if you down-voted ConnorK, because you both basically did the same thing, just with different opinions.

@Only if you down-voted ConnorK, because you both basically did the same thing, just with different opinions.

Well... i may get kinda offensive when i say this, but just because people do or dont believe in something, doesn't affect that thing's existence. Just saying.

And where's your evidence for saying, "cannot be reproduced by evolution or millions of years of change or the environment."?

@AntiJokeChicken And where's your evidence for saying, "cannot be reproduced by evolution or millions of years of change or the...

:Why are you being so aggressive? We're allowed to believe in a God, we're not trying to force you to.

Aw, well you just had to go and make me blush, didn't you? Thank you. l smilie

@God_the_Almighty Aw, well you just had to go and make me blush, didn't you? Thank you.

It's a shame ConnorK doesn't believe in you. The fact that you have an Amirite account should prove your existence.

StickCavemans avatar StickCaveman Yeah You Are +4Reply
@1345663

l smilie OMG it works!

L0v3s avatar L0v3 Yeah You Are 0Reply

That is the single most respectful thing I've ever seen an Atheist say about my religion. Thank you.

I'm always late to these religious flame wars.

Why "the universe"? All you've seen is this planet, and a tiny fraction of it at that. Everything else (an even smaller fraction of the entire UNIVERSE) is just about a few planets and stars.

@Nacklefoodle Why "the universe"? All you've seen is this planet, and a tiny fraction of it at that. Everything else (an even...

Ya know what's even crazier? Based on the theory that the Universe is infinite, we couldn't possibly see all of it, even if we wanted to. Light hasn't had enough time to reach it all.

God must be pretty meta if he made a universe with a planet full of people that would rather give credit to some superficial superbeing than deem themselves of that high a ranking on the food chain for simply being sentient, conscience beings.

Simple, chance occurances that could have and might have happened anywhere else in this universe.

"God" doesn't deserve any credit whatsoever.

"if there is". There isn't.

@Shadi How the fuck would anyone know?

(Chauncy Pickles): Exactly, nobody does. You can't prove there isn't.

@Edward_FINNA How the fuck would you know?

The evidence against intelligent design is astounding. As well as Christianity having so many holes in the belief system.

@1345609

I know for sure.

@1345627

Coming from someone who believes in a big man in the sky...

@AntiJokeChicken Coming from someone who believes in a big man in the sky...

You know who else ridiculed people for their religious beliefs? Nazis. Let up, jackass.

Look man. I'm an Athiest here and I look at religion as some explanation created by man to faithfully see why the world is why it is. That might be why Christianity has so many "holes" in it, because we definitely weren't perfect at the creation of religion.

To me, there's no man in the sky, but your act of bashing on others' beliefs on the Internet is one of the most idiotic, inconsiderate things I've ever seen. People on Amirite say that religion is like a dick and shouldn't be shoved down people's throats. Athiests should do the same. So either shut the hell up or stay off the Internet.

Suns avatar Sun Yeah You Are +19Reply
@Sun Look man. I'm an Athiest here and I look at religion as some explanation created by man to faithfully see why the...

Exactly. Some Atheists expect to have their beliefs/non-beliefs respected, but they think they can then bash those of another religion, especially Islam.

Eminnas avatar Eminna Yeah You Are +14Reply

the debate will unfortunately never be answered but i beleive in christianity because no one has told me what was there before the so called "big bang" something cant come from nothing so what was there?

@1345659

I'm a he.

Suns avatar Sun Yeah You Are 0Reply
@1345693

d smilie ...oh... ono smilie

Suns avatar Sun Yeah You Are 0Reply

I can't really speak for Christians, but to me, there is a spirit. Not some cartoony, bearded man. It's not in the sky, it's all around us. It's the future, past, and the present. Whatever it is, it created something beautiful. And that's the fucking point of this post. It's people like you who give Atheists the stereotype of being a bunch of assholes.

StickCavemans avatar StickCaveman Yeah You Are +1Reply